Mario
I think we're all at the point where we agree that there needs to be some kind of mix up to our Meta Game. We've tried a handful of things and it's just the right time to try something new. So I have some ideas- of course my ideas aren't final and we can always develop more ideas but having a thread specifically for IdeaCrafting:tm: rather than Complaining is probably a good idea??? (I'm fine with the complaining tho)

Bring Back Post Count
It was a bold move to remove post count from members displays back in a world when there were no points, but now we have points and people want to stockpile them... but we hide the most important attribute to a forum- the posts!

However, I think we should mix it up a bit. Instead of a traditional overall post count, let's display the number of posts made in Current Month. Maybe a ranking of who made the most posts too, like #1 poster, #2 poster, etc...

Display GSP (Good Sh*t/ Post Ratio) on Profiles
If we have Post Count, that covers Quantity but maybe we should display Quality too?? Good Sh*t Post Ratio isn't an absolute signifier of quality but it's something we can go off of. I'd like this to work like the monthly post count as well.

Active Status
In the spirit of Monthly Things, we should label forum members as "Active" or not, based on if they've made at least one contribution to the site in the current month. Inactive posters won't show GSP or Post Count on their posts and maybe other things??

Some kind of active players list would be great too. Maybe a "Spectator Status" for people who have lurked in the current month but haven't posted, as well as ways to see scoreboards/player lists of previous months? Maybe we can keep track of top threads / posts in each month too. Pure data stuff, nothing like the MMRs of Olde (though if this gets us to Care More (I doubt it) then maybe we can do those as well and attach them to the scoreboards.)

Point Changes

- Posts should give at least 5 EX. Posting is one of the most Powerful contributions to the forum and having it as the base 1 point is just weird??
- Threads should give at least triple the points a Post does. We should do whatever we can to encourage people to bring new topics of discussion to the board I think, and threads should generate at least 3 replies anyway
- Good Sh*t should give around the same amount of EX as a post?? I think. Reactions should be maybe 1/3 or less of what a Good Sh*t gives
- Knockback should be reduced to like 10 or 25%- idk if we should outright remove it but 50% def seems kinda high. Maybe with a low % we can have rally effect it again
- Referrals should give a base EX and then additional EX for the first 6 or so months that a referred member stays active.

idk spells just feel more rare than they should be right now? i get that part of it is inactivity and points should be adjusted based on activity levels i guess

Don't Show Rally
Or rather, keep rally to profiles and the welcome box, I don't think there's any need for it to be as visible as it is.

Rally Tweaks

I think having an option for time based or EX earned based rally is fine, maybe we can have this choice made when you first visit the site in a month and your choice is locked in for that month (and maybe a checkbox as "always set this as my rally choice" so you don't have to see the choice, with some way to disable that deeper in the profile). I don't think an option would make too much sense if it was something you could tweak all the time so some kind of lock-in would be good if we decide to go the Option route.

Rally should (slowly) start to decay to the negatives once you have more than enough for the highest spell. Here's my reasoning:
- EX is only useful for casting spells (maybe this will change in the future, which we can change the criteria in the future)
- Too much EX in the econony is bad for business. look it up, its basic economics
- It's too easy to stockpile EX as it currently is, making it harder to stockpile makes higher levels of EX Mean Something more if you really want to be a stockpiler
- Additionally it makes EX Rewards (such as lotto bot or killer game or whatever) more valuable since these won't be affected by rally
- can remove EX cap completely and safely with this since it basically acts as a soft cap

Only problem I can think of is if people want to team up to make one person's EX huge then there's not really any way to stop that. IDK how much of a problem that is, tbh EX Gang Warfare is kinda funny to think about.

I don't think Technology is the solution to community issues so I don't think this'll affect activity much but hopefully it'll make posting more Enjoyable (which could lead to more activity??). Like technology wont solve issues but it can cause problems and keep us from our True Potential of being Excellent Posters
Draku
i was always worried about bumping ex per post/thread because people like mason always seemed to abuse that fact but at the same time that actually made activity go up due to threads being made so... hell why not. 5 ex a post, 15 a thread. reactions giving points was also avoided because of potential abuse but i feel like nearly every post deserves reactions anyways and its fun to see 'em so those give 1 ex now.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Spritanium
Every one of these ideas is amazing
Spritanium
Good Sh*t ratio is already on profiles but we can make it more visible
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Draku
(Oct 4, 2017 at 8:46 PM)Spritanium Wrote: Good Sh*t ratio is already on profiles but we can make it more visible
i really like the current month stats thing. if we make GSR more visible it should be for just posts made that month if thats possible
Agastya
if we do a monthly gsr we can have a cold and heartless mmr too
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
Mario
yeah I mean next to your posts for displaying the numbers. Agastya said people didn't want to see negative numbers next to their name and I realize what the people want is Numbers Next To Their Damn Names and we've been hiding all the numbers everywhere else.

monthly counts/scoreboards can give us soft seasons- ex won't reset but the "scores" do.

if post count and GSP aren't good enough for score we could come up with another point system that you can't spend too and resets every month. I think that was what Yrr(?) said she was stockpiling Ex for in the first place- Ex is the only 'score' that totals everything you do on the board (plus as said before, It's Next To Your Name and people want Numbers Next To Their Names).
having a score separate from ex could be neat, we could reward points for actions we otherwise couldn't with the ex system?
idk exactly.

I am concerned about Bigger Rewards = Lower Quality Posts but I feel like we can adjust the board rules if necessary and certain kind of posts dominate the board that are posts we don't want- this would have to be a reactive thing though, it'd be too dangerous to make rules that Predict behavior and then we start getting in trouble for things that aren't even a problem (yet)

Agastya
what if there were two kinds of rally modifiers

the kind you get from spells (decreases over time)
a new kind you get from good shits (decreases as you gain ex from posting, very sharp rate)

so that way if you make Good Posts you can roll in tons of EX
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
Mario
that could be fun yeah
Yrrzy
is there a way to gain Crit EX?
Draku
(Oct 4, 2017 at 10:29 PM)Yrrzy Wrote: is there a way to gain Crit EX?
when are we implementing a check for all posts that detects their salt quotient and then if saltcam is used on a post with 80%+ salt the person who posted it takes critical damage to their EX meter
God
the real fix is to implement one of my OP spells
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Mario
(Oct 4, 2017 at 11:12 PM)God Wrote: the real fix is to implement one of my OP spells

I'd love to see those personally. Right now it seems that kind of big effect is reserved for April Fool's and I'm not sure if I'm down for that being a yearly thing

I guess they'd have to have a really high cost and some way to pool EX to them? maybe we could have a page on the site somewhere where people donate ex to which big Spell they want to see and whenever one gets enough to be cast the ex in all of them gets emptied so it's very tough to cast em
T-man
I would certainly love to see some heavy duty spells for people with a fuck ton of EX.
Yrrzy
spell that banishes people to the shadow realm
(a hidden board that only other people in the shadow realm can post on but they cant post anywhere else)
Pedigree
giving members spells to limit other members' posting is a big hell no
T-man
(Oct 5, 2017 at 5:13 AM)Pedigree Wrote: giving members spells to limit other members' posting is a big hell no
I'm pretty sure Yrr of all people would agree with this.

lrn 2 sarcasm/joke
Agastya
since we're going back to time-based decay maybe the current rally decay could be a temporary item

freezes your rally at the current modifier for x time, either sets it back to 1x after it ends or something in the negative values

also good time to introduce rally x item as well (maxes out rally, rapidly decays, floors at .3 or something where you can finally regain rally again)
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
Pedigree
(Oct 5, 2017 at 5:31 AM)T-man Wrote:
(Oct 5, 2017 at 5:13 AM)Pedigree Wrote: giving members spells to limit other members' posting is a big hell no
I'm pretty sure Yrr of all people would agree with this.

lrn 2 sarcasm/joke
I know but others have suggested similar spells seriously so
Spritanium
We could have a single forum with expendable posts (even moreso than the PPP) and extra-ridiculous spells
[Image: supercorrect.png]