Another Phone Loses the Headphone Jack

Draku
(Oct 5, 2017 at 5:56 PM)Spritanium Wrote:
(Oct 5, 2017 at 5:53 PM)Spritanium Wrote: Also I hope nobody thinks I'm actually mad in this thread, I just have a hard time understanding this logic since the "what I have now works fine" mindset doesn't do it for me, I just like to get new things

Actually scratch this, I only listen to music in my car and I still use my Zune HD for that

But my car doesn't have bluetooth so when I do want to listen to something that I don't have on my Zune, I actually need my phone to have a headphone jack

So yeah it is too early for 3.5mm jacks to be removed from all phones, but I still don't see the harm in letting people buy what they want, and I still really don't think it'll be legitimately hard to find a phone with a 3.5mm anytime soon
Spritey you already spent $800 on your phone why are you complaining about replacing your car with another one that has bluetooth???
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Mario
(Oct 5, 2017 at 5:55 PM)T-man Wrote:
(Oct 5, 2017 at 5:52 PM)Mario Wrote: phones can be thinner now, so it does affect form factor (even if it hasn't yet) which is what companies tell me I want

If phones get any thinner you’ll be able to snap them in half. Who is this madman who wants his phone to be as thick as a credit card?

imagine the future where putting your phone in the pocket the wrong way snaps it in half, so everyone has cases that are as thick as phones are today
T-man
I would be down with wireless devices if they also charged wirelessly. We need to figure that shit out quick, even if it gives you cancer from all the airborne electricity. So long as I don’t have to plug anything in it’s worth it.
Mario
(Oct 5, 2017 at 6:04 PM)T-man Wrote: I would be down with wireless devices if they also charged wirelessly. We need to figure that shit out quick, even if it gives you cancer from all the airborne electricity. So long as I don’t have to plug anything in it’s worth it.

power them by your brain waves
T-man
what if the only downside to wireless charging was that it made your hair stand up in close proximity
Mario
anyway as an iphone 7 user since launch and a wired headphone user I will say not once have I thought "man i wish my phone had a headphone jack" so I mean it's not as absurd of a move as it seems.

however it definitely is a decision that was made before there were any sane alternatives. I guess it's to encourage people to try out wireless headphones if they haven't since I'm sure sales of those could go up, and people always buy wireless mouses and keyboards even tho their computer is right fuckin there so not everyone thinks like me when it comes to cables
Draku
(Oct 5, 2017 at 6:06 PM)T-man Wrote: what if the only downside to wireless charging was that it made your hair stand up in close proximity
that's not a downside, you could be at a party and go "watch this fuckers im about to go super saiyan" and walk into the wireless charging field and everyonell clap and youll get a blowjob that your stupid phone wouldnt give you because you DONT HAVE A PENCIL DICK FOR THE BLOWJOB JACK GOD DAMN IT
Mario
i'll gladly be inthe 'fuck apple, fuck google' camp tho
Agastya
(Oct 5, 2017 at 6:06 PM)T-man Wrote: what if the only downside to wireless charging was that it made your hair stand up in close proximity

i guarantee you that people would hold phones up to their hair and say "hey guys its me goku from streets"
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
Mario
idk if true wireless charging became a thing there'd be expensive stations for it and they'd probably make batteries optional too LOL
Mario
yeah my phone doesn't have a battery but i don't leave the house so w/e
Spritanium
For the record I don't have an $800 phone, I mentioned earlier I can't afford that

My phone is $200 and I have it financed because I couldn't even afford the $200
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Mario
Spritanium
I long for the day when tech companies come to their senses and I can load 5.25" floppies on my iPad
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Draku
i just remembered that the gba sp also launched without a headphone jack

and also that i had to get like 5+ pairs of special headphones for the damn thing because of it, and you couldnt charge your gbasp while using them either

people say nintendo is ripping off apple but it's been the reverse the entire time Mind Blown
Pedigree
(Oct 5, 2017 at 5:49 PM)Spritanium Wrote: This thread just gives me the same vibes as people who act like their life is over whenever facebook's layout changes, oh fuck I can't live without the previous awesome layout, it was perfect in every way

even though a year prior the current perfect layout was the one they thought was shit just because it was different than the previous
what the actual fuck

removing the headphone jack is nothing at all like a cosmetic Facebook layout change and would require additional purchases to use the complete functionality of the phone

get real
Pedigree
(Oct 5, 2017 at 5:51 PM)Draku Wrote: >flatscreen TVs vs CRTs
not a comparison, there are gains and losses to this, such as form factor

>cell phones not having physical keyboards

this affects form factor and affects price heavily, not a comparison

>high end laptops stopped having DVD burners

laptops having dvd drives affects form factor. not a comparison
^ also in response to your other reply to me, Spritey! I agree with the above
Mario
(Oct 5, 2017 at 6:29 PM)Pedigree Wrote:
(Oct 5, 2017 at 5:49 PM)Spritanium Wrote: This thread just gives me the same vibes as people who act like their life is over whenever facebook's layout changes, oh fuck I can't live without the previous awesome layout, it was perfect in every way

even though a year prior the current perfect layout was the one they thought was shit just because it was different than the previous
what the actual fuck

removing the headphone jack is nothing at all like a cosmetic Facebook layout change and would require additional purchases to use the complete functionality of the phone

get real

the reaction is exactly the same, which is spritey's point
Draku
(Oct 5, 2017 at 6:39 PM)Mario Wrote: the reaction is exactly the same, which is spritey's point
reacting to a web ui change and eventually getting used to it doesn't cost you additional money, which is what sp was saying.

also making a point about just living and accepting shitty changes for the sake of changes is p. defeatist lol.
Mario
yeah it's dumb the reaction is the same cuz you can just... buy a phone with a headphone jack if you want one so much

with facebook you're stuck with whatever they change