Phew! Mario's Wardrobe Is Not Held for Ransom by Hunks of Plastic

T-man
[Image: 08vLqT0.png]

Thank God
Spritanium
As somebody who has never purchased an amiibo and has no desire to, this is great news
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Spooks?
What they didn't tell you, is that half the costumes are hidden beyond non-amiibo microtransactions!
Elyk
Luigi being there tells me that Luigi's clothes will just be a costume and he won't actually be playable.
Mario
I hope they have a Super Mario Bros. (1993) costume
Spritanium
(Oct 6, 2017 at 4:17 AM)Elyk Wrote: Luigi being there tells me that Luigi's clothes will just be a costume and he won't actually be playable.

It says some amiibo unlock outfits and others offer ingame help, maybe the Luigi amiibo's "ingame help" is that it helps you unlock Luigi as a playable character, which is normally more difficult?
Elyk
I just saw a comment somewhere pointing out that the Peach wedding amiibo grants her wedding dress outfit. Is Nintendo making the bold move of allowing Mario to crossdress or will the dress be used some other way?
Mario
like shit i wouldnt mind a bob hoskins amiibo
T-man
(Oct 6, 2017 at 6:38 PM)Elyk Wrote: I just saw a comment somewhere pointing out that the Peach wedding amiibo grants her wedding dress outfit. Is Nintendo making the bold move of allowing Mario to crossdress or will the dress be used some other way?

It’s gonna be used during the cutscene before the final boss

Mario reaches Peach in the bridal dressing room and switches places with her. Wedding Dress Mario walks down the aisle with a veil covering his face. When Bowser raises the veil and discovers that he’s been had the final boss fight begins.
Draku
(Oct 6, 2017 at 7:53 PM)T-man Wrote:
(Oct 6, 2017 at 6:38 PM)Elyk Wrote: I just saw a comment somewhere pointing out that the Peach wedding amiibo grants her wedding dress outfit. Is Nintendo making the bold move of allowing Mario to crossdress or will the dress be used some other way?

It’s gonna be used during the cutscene before the final boss

Mario reaches Peach in the bridal dressing room and switches places with her. Wedding Dress Mario walks down the aisle with a veil covering his face. When Bowser raises the veil and discovers that he’s been had the final boss fight begins.
almost as good as that idea from /v/ where mario throws his hat on the ground before the bowser fight and bowser takes it as resignation and starts laughing but then its revealed that mario's hat was possessing the earth
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
T-man
-A Friendly Reminder from Nintendo-

Don’t use the p-word, just because Mario’s hat is a ghost that takes over the bodies of others doesn’t make it possession.
Spritanium
So can you possess an enemy, jump into an endless pit, then leave its body at the last second

Because if so that's metal as fuck
EH2
remember to always use "capture" because not using the word "capture" for the context of this game is discrimination against puns
sealelement
can i capture the flying rocket turtles that you have to freeze with the ice beam and fly one of those around??? that'd be Frikken SiCK!!!!!!!!!!!
100% pure gamer 100%
Uniju
im so mad the shoes with the loose socks in splatoon 2 are tied to the amiibo not because i have any human decency to be against paid dlc in video games but because it means THEY'LL NEVER BE ON SPLATNET SO I CAN NEVER FUCKING GET THEM WITHOUT COLD BLOODED AS THE PRIMARY ABILITY like fuck you nintendo those are UNAMBIGUOUSLY the best shoes in the game all i want is to run ink saver sub cancer while wearing cute socks totally worth the 15 bucks or however much the amiibo was though

``Winning is temporary, but looking cool is forever''
~ best girl
Feeling down? You may already be a charge target.