Mario
I've seen talk about a Store and it gives me fucking flash backs to when InvisionFree announced they'd have a store system back in 2004. (It never happened).

We should probably discuss what we want out of a store before we implement it. (Both User Stores and a main One) I don't think it makes any sense for a store to work for EX?? EX should more or less stick to spell casts. Maybe we can grind unwanted items into a small bit of EX but I wouldn't make that too valuable.

Maybe a store could work like an achievement system, if you reach certain Goals you get access to special items. I like the item drop system we have now for most things.
Pedigree
GSR determines your weekly allowance for Minus Bucks. The higher your GSR, the more Minus Bucks you receive each week to spend in a consumable and cosmetic item store.
Draku
I would say EX would be fine as a currency for both the store and spellcasts. I don't want to overcomplicate the forum with a million ways to pay for different things.

In my opinion, items would be either removed from random drops or made much rarer when the store opens, and buying them would become the primary way to obtain them, with a limit on how many you can buy of a certain item in a period. Maybe some store exclusive very expensive cosmetics too?
Draku
If we're going to axe Rally, my above post becomes a bit invalidated as a point, as that eases up on the complexity of the forum and allows another mechanic to take its place. I'll throw out the following idea as a Rally replacement AND something to make the store work:
Casting 700EX worth of Spells would fill up a bar where Rally is right now on the Welcome Block could net you a Store Ticket. Each item costs a certain amount of Tickets. This serves to both incentivize spellcasting on a regular basis moreso than Rally ever did while also rewarding the user in an intuitive and immediate manner that's easy for posters to grasp.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Mario
I don't think it's a big deal to have different points as long as they're intuitive. It's only complicated if we make it too complicated. Some currency system (however we want to do it) I think is what people want anyway, something they can hoard if they want and spend on stuff. If we restrict this just to cosmetics or w/e that don't affect the board it has a clear purpose. Maybe we can divide up what kind of cosmetics get randomly dropped and what you have to buy, like member bars or avatar items and maybe add a few more (custom good sh*t buttons for your posts or custom reactions?? idk)
T-man
I've been in favor of an item shop and a currency other than EX for a long ass time, use my Good Shit Tokens god damn it.

[Image: AEAvilV.png]
Syaxamaphone
I like the idea of EX being the currency.

What if you could buy access to additional smilies. Like once you buy a smiley it becomes part of your available smilies forever
[Image: NZRK1uk.gif]
Faithkitz22
Hii
Fun With Despair
Hey there.

Nice to see someone new trying to join the community but you might be better off making an introduction topic in the PPP instead of posting Hi in random threads.
Faithkitz22
Ok
God
As long as I can use Ethereum to buy hats on a mario message board i'm fine
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Pea
i want to buy as many magic kits so i can fulfill my dream of autoplaying all of my posts with buck bumble
rtsmarty
id rather not have a "main shop" with an inifinite supply of items for arbitrary prices, just keep going with what he have now (just random drops) and let people make their own stores and set their own prices and shit

maybe even allow haggling

i think ex would be fine as a currency in that regard because it would just go back into the economy
Yrrzy
im in favour of everyone having their own stores and have suggested it before
Spritanium
Yeah having neopets-like user stores has always been the plan afaik, along with a search system for finding a particular item sorted by price

That will be a great feature to have I'll just have to wait until I have time to make it (unless someone else wants to)
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Pedigree
in before all the consumables are absurd amounts of ex except for Agastya trying to get rid of his sweet teeth for 0 ex each
Pedigree
My problem with not having a main shop however is stuff like Magic Kit is hard to come by and really useful for making event/garrison threads.
Agastya
(Oct 17, 2017 at 5:43 PM)Pedigree Wrote: in before all the consumables are absurd amounts of ex except for Agastya trying to get rid of his sweet teeth for 0 ex each

you won't be laughing when season 3 rolls around and sweet tooth just cuts the cost of sweet spells for an entire day when used
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
Draku
(Oct 17, 2017 at 9:13 PM)Agastya Wrote:
(Oct 17, 2017 at 5:43 PM)Pedigree Wrote: in before all the consumables are absurd amounts of ex except for Agastya trying to get rid of his sweet teeth for 0 ex each

you won't be laughing when season 3 rolls around and sweet tooth just cuts the cost of sweet spells for an entire day when used
That'll come as a balance change after we introduce classes so that the Dark Shaman can destroy all Sweet Teeth in a user's inventory in order to ban them for an equal amount of days for 4000 EX.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Pedigree
(Oct 17, 2017 at 9:38 PM)Draku Wrote:
(Oct 17, 2017 at 9:13 PM)Agastya Wrote:

That'll come as a balance change after we introduce classes so that the Dark Shaman can destroy all Sweet Teeth in a user's inventory in order to ban them for an equal amount of days for 4000 EX.

fuck everyone dump your sweet teeth on agastya