What technological advancement do you wanna see in the nest five yeara

God
So we have hovercars, and brains but what do actually the robot itself. implants, Virtual Reality Headsets, ya think self drivig is what we really wanna see? what have things that let you takr control of a robot as if you were cars are an amazing things like hybrid animals. bit underpowrred in the current meta. we wanna see so people can live out the see FULL BODY TRANSPLANTS furry life theyve always wanted. thats the tickles your fancy? Personally I wanna and also clones. We wanna future i want. what about yku?
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Aidan
SO IM STRIT UP GOIN #GREEN AF ON U #HATERS!!!!! 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌 SINCE TEH #FUTUR IS #NOW AN IM THE FUCKIN FUTUR U #BETER BELEV IM PRESERVIN THE ENTIR #EARTH 🌎🌍🌏🌍🌍🌎 BY GOIN #GREEN ON U #HATERS!!!!! 💯💯💯💯 MOST PPL WUD STRIT UP #THROW U DIRECLY IN THE #TRASH BUT #NOPE IM #RECYCLING #♻️♻️♻️♻️ U SO TAHT U CAN BE USED BY #NEW ASS GENRATIONS ON THIS #PLANET 🌏🌍🌎🌍🌎 FOR THE #GOOD OF #HUMANTY!!!! 👍👍👍👍👍 I SUGEST U STRIT UP DO THE #SAME FOR UR #HATERS FORSURE!!!!! ✊✊✊✊✊✊ TOGETER WE CAN MAKE A #DOFFEENCE!!!!! 👋👋👋👏👏👏👊👊👊
T-man
i really really really want a jetpack
God
i wanna frame that post BM but it costs 600 wtf
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Aidan
(Aug 27, 2016 at 9:55 PM)OracularRELOADED Wrote: i wanna frame that post BM but it costs 600 wtf

[Image: 2Sk5lVc.png]
u got The Devil's 3way so i'll send you some xp
Draku
(Aug 27, 2016 at 9:11 PM)BlasterMaster Wrote: SO IM STRIT UP GOIN #GREEN AF ON U #HATERS!!!!! 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌 SINCE TEH #FUTUR IS #NOW AN IM THE FUCKIN FUTUR U #BETER BELEV IM PRESERVIN THE ENTIR #EARTH 🌎🌍🌏🌍🌍🌎 BY GOIN #GREEN ON U #HATERS!!!!! 💯💯💯💯 MOST PPL WUD STRIT UP #THROW U DIRECLY IN THE #TRASH BUT #NOPE IM #RECYCLING #♻️♻️♻️♻️ U SO TAHT U CAN BE USED BY #NEW ASS GENRATIONS ON THIS #PLANET 🌏🌍🌎🌍🌎 FOR THE #GOOD OF #HUMANTY!!!! 👍👍👍👍👍 I SUGEST U STRIT UP DO THE #SAME FOR UR #HATERS FORSURE!!!!! ✊✊✊✊✊✊ TOGETER WE CAN MAKE A #DOFFEENCE!!!!! 👋👋👋👏👏👏👊👊👊

ebin
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Spritanium
(Aug 27, 2016 at 9:55 PM)OracularRELOADED Wrote: i wanna frame that post BM but it costs 600 wtf

Yeah the amount of currently active spells + 1 is used as a multiplier to determine the cost

If you wait 24hrs for feelin' fab to expire then you can Frame That Sh*t for the normal cost
Spritanium
Also regarding technology, it's hard to say what I'm looking forward to within 5 years because most of the stuff I look forward to I'll be lucky to live long enough to see

But within 5 years VR and self-driving cars will probably improve drastically. If people really pick their shit up we could have some self-drivers on the market by then, but generally speaking I don't think they'll get through all the red tape for another decade at least (even though multiple tests have shown even current self-drivers to be better than human drivers)

It's mostly the "what if" scenarios they'll have to work out, like what if you reach an unconventional road or obstacle and the car doesn't know what to do? The cars will still have to come with controls to be driven manually, which means it'll still be required to be alert and pay attention to the road, which means you still can't get home by yourself when you're drunk. If we start talking about, I dunno 100 years into the future, then by that point we'll be reimagining cities to accomodate the new technology. I hope I get to see that.

As for VR that's getting better by the month it seems, but it concerns me because it seems like there are some gigantic obstacles to get the technology where everyone expects it to be. Sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Ergo if I can tell that my virtual reality isn't real, it's not good enough yet. They can get the graphics and audio incredibly lifelike within 5 years I'm sure, but what do we do about tactile feedback? How do we program the infinite amount of interactions you can make with a simple object? When you're playing a video game, you can't just look at a rock on the ground and decide to pick it up and examine it. Any simulation where you can't interact with the environment in such intricate ways will break the illusion immediately.

And how do you make the user feel wind in their hair, or the warmth of sunshine? How do you let them feel like they're running? How do you let them look in a mirror and make faces? How do you let them feel as if they're wearing the same clothing as the ingame character, not just materials, but weight, resistance, and so forth? Hell, how do you make them feel as if they're not wearing a clunky headset while sitting in a chair? Afaik you can't do any of this without interfacing directly with the brain.

But as for realistic 5 year expectations...I hope the next time I buy a car it can be an electric. Probably with automatic accident avoidance / emergency half-assed self-driving mode, which I think already exists on some really high-end cars.
[Image: supercorrect.png]
T-man
(Aug 27, 2016 at 11:51 PM)Spritanium Wrote:

Yeah the amount of currently active spells + 1 is used as a multiplier to determine the cost

If you wait 24hrs for feelin' fab to expire then you can Frame That Sh*t for the normal cost
In practice, having to pay double on expensive spells is a little ridiculous. Like, double a dollar is whatever, double a hundred is like what the fuck.
Spritanium
(Aug 28, 2016 at 12:16 AM)T-man Wrote:
(Aug 27, 2016 at 11:51 PM)Spritanium Wrote:

In practice, having to pay double on expensive spells is a little ridiculous. Like, double a dollar is whatever, double a hundred is like what the fuck.

Yeah we could definitely use a better algorithm, we should also make the multiplier higher for salty spells than sweet ones. If someone wants to come up with a good formula it would be appreciated.

But the current one is fine for now considering before you could only do one spell per post :V
Draku
I would say permanent spells should not have a multiplier even if they are stacked while temporarily spells should.
T-man
(Aug 28, 2016 at 12:37 AM)Draku Wrote: I would say permanent spells should not have a multiplier even if they are stacked while temporarily spells should.

This is probably a pretty good catch-all solution since they're always gonna be expensive anyway.

Having to pay 600 EXP to use Frame That Sh*t when little Johnny Sonovabitch used Feelin' Fab for 25 EXP is lame.
Spritanium
(Aug 28, 2016 at 12:37 AM)Draku Wrote: I would say permanent spells should not have a multiplier even if they are stacked while temporarily spells should.

Yeah that's good. Easy too, I just have to check if the spell has a value for `lasts_for`
Spritanium
Implemented
kaZaam
alternative resources so we dont run out of shit to make stuff with in like 30 years ffs
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
Beako
Welp Evil
Shroomguy
(Aug 28, 2016 at 4:47 AM)Kazaam Wrote: alternative resources so we dont run out of shit to make stuff with in like 30 years ffs

THIS FORREAL it's crazy how things are fallin apart
The Beef Baron
Pea
ISP price competitions
Mario
[deleted]
Draku
decent public transportation would require decent people using it.