You can now spend 4x a spell's EXP cost to make it permanent

Beako
(Aug 30, 2016 at 4:43 AM)Spritanium Wrote: I increased the cost to 300, is that still too low?
I don't think increasing the spell cost by any amount is going to solve the problem I have with it (having to listen to 30 year TTSs of posts that can be read in my head in 10 seconds) but I'm still drawing a blank on what can be done to nerf it without ruining it.
Spritanium
(Aug 30, 2016 at 4:46 AM)Puddin Wrote:
(Aug 30, 2016 at 4:43 AM)Spritanium Wrote: I increased the cost to 300, is that still too low?
I don't think increasing the spell cost by any amount is going to solve the problem I have with it (having to listen to 30 year TTSs of posts that can be read in my head in 10 seconds) but I'm still drawing a blank on what can be done to nerf it without ruining it.

Well the idea behind most salty spells is making the post take more effort to read, thus limiting exposure.

Kazaam's tooltip idea is pretty good although I don't think we can separate the braille by word easily. Maybe a tooltip for each individual letter would be sufficiently cumbersome?

All things considered though, there are braille translators online. Nothing's stopping anybody from copying the text and translating it, which is probably quicker than listening to the TTS (which is mostly for comedic effect)
[Image: supercorrect.png]
T-man
I don't really think there's anything wrong with Outta Sight now that it's one of the more expensive spells tbh
Draku
Yeah I have no issue with Outta Sight, the humor factor of it saves it from being all that annoying to me. I honestly find Vertigo more powerful still even if it's "easier" to read.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
T-man
(Aug 30, 2016 at 5:02 AM)Draku Wrote: Yeah I have no issue with Outta Sight, the humor factor of it saves it from being all that annoying to me.

Listening to it read @Puddin 's fanfic convinced me of it's power.
Yoshin
I'm fine with Outta Sight tbh not that big a deal
Agastya
so you're going to have the rules be in something that's not a forum thread in case a powerful wizard appears so they cannot turn them into braille permanently, right

hypothetically speaking, of course
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
Spritanium
(Aug 30, 2016 at 6:55 AM)Agastya Wrote: so you're going to have the rules be in something that's not a forum thread in case a powerful wizard appears so they cannot turn them into braille permanently, right

hypothetically speaking, of course

Admins/mods can disable spells on a per-post basis.
[Image: supercorrect.png]