Aidan
post spoilers for upcoming perfect video game mario goes on a oddysey

Spoiler:
T-man
El Negro
Spoiler:

These are heavy spoilers. Click on your own risk, you've been warned.
[Image: z839mDR.png]
T-man
I know this is a meemee thread but was anyone else weak-willed enough to check out the leaks? Gameplay wise I've gone relatively unspoiled, but I did check out the ending and some of the costumes you can get. There's some fucking excellent fan service with those costumes, man.

In regards to the ending, (no specifics) I'm honestly glad I watched it before playing the game, that shit would have pissed me off after a long adventure. Now that the initial sting of subverted expectations has subsided I can appreciate it for what it is and not what I would've wanted it to be.
Two_Finger
(Oct 25, 2017 at 5:55 AM)T-man Wrote: I know this is a meemee thread but was anyone else weak-willed enough to check out the leaks? Gameplay wise I've gone relatively unspoiled, but I did check out the ending and some of the costumes you can get. There's some fucking excellent fan service with those costumes, man.

In regards to the ending, (no specifics) I'm honestly glad I watched it before playing the game, that shit would have pissed me off after a long adventure. Now that the initial sting of subverted expectations has subsided I can appreciate it for what it is and not what I would've wanted it to be.

>the spoilers

just wait till you see the last two worlds
El Negro
I just saw the ending as well. Jeez, what a shitty way to end it, just felt really dissapointing.
[Image: z839mDR.png]
T-man
(Oct 25, 2017 at 6:26 AM)El Negro Wrote: I just saw the ending as well. Jeez, what a shitty way to end it, just felt really dissapointing.

Imagine having played through the entire game to see that shit. I don't know if it was done to maintain the status quo or some half-hearted attempt to give Peach agency (in obvious spite of what would have made for an emotionally satisfying conclusion) but yeah, really leaves a sour taste in your mouth.

I like the song though.

As a side note,

Image from the Ending:

I hope they become best friends

Elyk
I thought the ending was okay. Shrug
Two_Finger
yeah I don't see what the problems are
T-man
(Oct 29, 2017 at 12:10 AM)Two_Finger Wrote: yeah I don't see what the problems are

Spoiler:

its just not very satisfying imo, even if it was never mentioned again i really would have preferred that they get married, i wanted to see all the secondary mario characters all dressed up for the occasion
T-man
I just don’t understand why they pulled that thread if they weren’t gonna see it to it’s obvious conclusion.
Two_Finger
I personally feel that the one they went with is the obvious conclusion
T-man
That’s fair

Like I said it’s not necessarily a bad ending, just a bit of a piss take.
Poxni
i loved the ending

odyssey is a pretty solid second favorite game of the year especially with some tough competition in my book
[Image: xPhNzA9.jpg]
Draku
that ending was perfect, i was hoping it wasn't going to be the obvious and it wasnt. fucking hilarious
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Spritanium
Ending spoilers for people who haven't seen it:

After you beat bowser, Luigi flies in from nowhere and fucks the shit out of peach right in front of you
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Pedigree
Real spoiler:
The costume that turns you into the Mario 64 model is the best thing ever.
Elyk
(Oct 31, 2017 at 3:40 AM)Pedigree Wrote: Real spoiler:
The costume that turns you into the Mario 64 model is the best thing ever.
I think you mean the costume that turns you into the Metal Cap version is the best thing ever.
Spritanium
Just picked this game up and I gotta say 0/10, the sea wasn't even that odd much less the oddest
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Endgame
So after 780 moons, I decided to do a brief retrospective and play some Galaxy 1...

oh god why is the pacing so much slower why does mario control so much worse why does it have to kick me out of the level after every power star aaah

(Odyssey is my new favorite)