geno7
(Sep 3, 2016 at 4:37 AM)Puddin Wrote:
(Sep 1, 2016 at 2:12 AM)Kazaam Wrote: u know what they say about assuming

That's fine in this situation but in general there is literally nothing wrong with occasional inductive reasoning and it rustles my jimmies when people use that phrase in response to me using the word "assume" in general.

>someone throws a peach at my friend

>someone throws a peach at my friend's mom

>someone throws a peach at my friend's wife

>there is a bowl of peaches and a giant sign that says "free peaches. please throw these at people"

>the person throwing peaches glares at me and raises his arm holding a peach

>i cast an peach-proof forcefield spell over myself

>"wow man why did you do that"

>well i assumed you were going to throw a peach at me

>YOU JUST MADE AN ASS OUT OF U AND ME HAHA REKT

I know that is not what's going on in the context of your response but I had to get that off my chest.

[Image: fsMwICg.gif]
Beako
Oh man. The weird thing is, I actually used apples in my example at first instead of peaches... but I edited my post. I should've left it the way it was.
geno7
you ruined the fUCKENING joke
[Image: fsMwICg.gif]
kaZaam
puddin mayb just stop kickign it with godamn PEACHTHROWers

also i actually wasnt going to make the 'u & me' joke so the first part was like a diversion but thought it was way less funny typed so i jst left it incomplete lmao
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
God

That's fine in this situation but in general there is literally nothing wrong with occasional inductive reasoning and it rustles my jimmies when people use that phrase in response to me using the word "assume" in general.

>there is a bowl of peaches and a giant sign that says "free peaches. please throw these at people"

I know that is not what's going on in the context of your response but I had to get that off my chest. You're using the phrase correctly, but a lot of people use that phrase as a golden ticket to invalidate all usages of the word "assume" in all contexts and it really bothers me.

you shouldn't assume that a lot of people are using it in this way. you know what they say about assuming.
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Rapidkirby3k
2006? I lost a family member that year, a few months before my high school graduation. Sad But yeah, a decade can sometimes fly by.
[Image: 45Yrb9j.png]
Beako
(Sep 3, 2016 at 1:13 PM)OracularRELOADED Wrote:

I know that is not what's going on in the context of your response but I had to get that off my chest. You're using the phrase correctly, but a lot of people use that phrase as a golden ticket to invalidate all usages of the word "assume" in all contexts and it really bothers me.
you shouldn't assume that a lot of people are using it in this way. you know what they say about assuming.

You shouldn't invalidate my life experiences by assuming that my assertion that a lot of people use the phrase that way is out of assumption rather than out of personal experience.

You know what they say about assuming.
God
it makes an ass out of you and ming
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Renzo "The Renz" Kukenson
Ah, this thread is bringing me back. 2006 was when I was first breaking into the Posting business, and back then, the old vets of the biz were REALLY adamant about paying your dues. I was green as green could be back then, and the fans did not take to my posts very well. In fact, they were sometimes downright hostile. I know, I know-- it's hard to believe, but at one point, I was not the Poster you know and love today. But, I think that really helped me grow, you know? That initial adversity. It can break a lot of guys trying to get into the Professional Posting business, but if you are able to get through it, you're better off for it on the other side. It was tough, but I learned what worked and what didn't, and in a sense, I really learned a lot about myself AND the fans. I think they realized this too, and that's what has really produced this bond you see today.

Bringing Me Back,
Renzo Kukenson
Mario
[deleted]
God
i wasnt even born in 2006
Mario
[deleted]
DrTapeworm
Born 2006 BCE
[Image: dinogunz.png]
God
(Sep 3, 2016 at 7:19 PM)DrTapeworm Wrote: Born 2006 BCE

i can belibve that
T-man
2006 was a really, really long time ago

[Image: LgdSwOW.png]

jesus christ
Renzo "The Renz" Kukenson
T-Man, a journey of a thousand miles begins with those first few steps, so don't be ashamed! We all start somewhere, and we all fight our own battles to get where we are now. Just look at you now! You're doing great. Keep up the great work.

Sincerely,
Renzo Kukenson
Beako
(Sep 3, 2016 at 7:23 PM)T-man Wrote: 2006 was a really, really long time ago

[Image: LgdSwOW.png]

jesus christ
[Image: YDR9AGc.png]

[Image: Z0GOExV.png]
kaZaam
(Sep 4, 2016 at 1:36 AM)Puddin Wrote: [Image: Z0GOExV.png]
LMAO
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]