The Walt Disney Company to buy most of 21st Century Fox for $52.4 Billion In Stock

Nightwheel
Since there is a lot of information about this deal from both sides. I'll just link to the official press releases released from both Disney and 21st Century Fox instead of copy and pasting everything,

Joint press release by both Disney and 21st Century Fox
- https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/walt-di...ion-stock/

21st Century Fox press release regarding the parts of the business not being bought by Disney.
- https://www.21cf.com/news/21st-century-f...th-company

For those who are wondering. If this deal does go through. It means the X-Men rights will be back with Marvel. Meanwhile the Star Wars rights that 21st Century Fox hold would be fully transferred to Disney. Thus giving Disney full control of Star Wars.
Nabber
i care a lot less about which superhero movies are being made by whom and more about disney, you know, being able to bully the industry into submission
Aidan
(Dec 14, 2017 at 6:50 PM)Nabber Wrote: i care a lot less about which superhero movies are being made by whom and more about disney, you know, being able to bully the industry into submission

yeah lol they've already started
theatres weren't allowed to show The Last Jedi unless it was on their biggest screen for at least a couple weeks

glad we live in a post-competition economy
T-man
We need tell them to stop buying so much shit or embrace our future Disney government.
Nightwheel
Which would you prefer buy Fox. Comcast or Disney?

Between the two, I'd take Disney.
EH2
This is a disaster and I sure as hell hope Disney and Fox top execs get their asses handed to them by the Antitrust Division. It's a long shot, but they already stopped a shitty merger (AT&T and Time Warner) and can do it again. This time around, I'll stay positive and hope for the best (and the best is obviously Disney and Fox getting slammed into the ground).

I'm not that optimistic about the merger failing and Disney and Fox getting fined up their asses to actually be a significant blow to either of the companies, but it'd still be delightful to watch them squirm.