Put an Actual PPP Channel in Discord

Pedigree
Keep General Chat and other channels for your conversations as places where you aren't allowed to "interrupt" or whatever but a PPP where I can post freely would be nice.

Until then, good luck with your server.
Pedigree
Hit me up when you figure this shit out and maybe I'll rejoin the server.
Pedigree
Thanks for your knockback ex puddin
T-man
Are you telling me that trying to start a casual conversation in the Discord is like trying to pick rat shit out of a swarm of ants?

In all seriousness, instant messaging among a dozen or so people seems so impractical to me. Nine out of ten times a small handful of people are having a spirited discussion amongst themselves and controlling the most active channel. It makes it difficult to jump in, like trying to merge in traffic. Obviously they’re not doing anything wrong, it’s just a drawback of the Discord format.
Yrrzy
the reason we have more than one channel is so you can jump into an inactive one and start talking there
T-man
(Feb 21, 2018 at 10:58 AM)Yrrzy Wrote: the reason we have more than one channel is so you can jump into an inactive one and start talking there
Yeah, you’re right. It’s just hard to not be where the activity is, just like the PPP on the forums, if you post elsewhere you might be less visible.
Yrrzy
discord lets you know when a channel has activity so by creating activity you become visible
Yrrzy
i wanna make three things clear also

1. the sp post that started this conversation was actually harmless, i jumped the gun and have repeated this about 50 times
2. asking people not to interrupt one conversation with another isnt a rule, just smth we're asking for courtesy, we have other channels so why have two ongoing conversations in one room when you could split them across two
3. if ppp and the relevant channel are BOTH in-use, then its fair game to interrupt in the relevant channel cause theres nothing more you can do
Agastya
(Feb 21, 2018 at 10:58 AM)Yrrzy Wrote: the reason we have more than one channel is so you can jump into an inactive one and start talking there

there is only one general channel, the others have a purpose

if there's a conversation going on and you don't want to interrupt you have nowhere else to go

realistically just make a second general channel and we're fine, thats what i'm taking from the thread op
Agastya
i say "the others have a purpose" but i entirely ignore that half the time and just shitpost in the kg channel anyway

but you guys love me so its fine
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
Yrrzy
as i said if theres nowhere else for it to go then its like fair enough
Draku
#general-chat-overflow now exists for the purposes of when general chat already has a discussion going on

can also be used in the event that #entertainment is occupied
[Image: s2n7oi.png]