Gabe Newell
Over the past week or so at the Minus World offices, we've been working hard bringing Minus World up to date. We've brought all the latest updates to the core MyBB software, and the PHP and MariaDB it runs on top of. In light of this there may be some growing pains. Please report any errors you run into here so we can be made aware on them and get them fixed as soon as possible.

As far as new features go, don't expect much. PHP 7+ should be significantly faster than what we were running before, but I'm not sure how much of an impact that'll be on your forum browsing. There may be a feature or two added by the MyBB updates (I believe we can do twitch videos with the video tag, for one), but overall these are security and bug fixes, just like your favourite apps' change logs. If you'd like to look into those updates and see what exactly we've gotten out of it, here's the nitty-gritty:

- MyBB 1.8.7 was updated to MyBB 1.8.15
- PHP 5.4.? was updated to PHP 7.2.6
- MariaDB 5.5.? was updated to MariaDB 10.3.7

We'll try and stay on top of updates from this moment forward, but don't expect any big post like this unless we anticipate it might cause issues with the forums. I don't believe there was any major security risk as we have CloudFlare's Web Application Firewall backing us up, but it's still a good idea to stay up to date, which is why we have steam update every time you launch it.

With all these updates, I'd also like to announce that we haven't finished updating everything just yet. The next update is to the server software and may lead to some significant downtime. Expect downtime from 6AM PST to 12PM PST on Wednesday, June 20.

Happy posting and don't forget to try out my new Steam Chat Update which hopefully you guys will switch to from Discord after it's out of beta.
rtsmarty
@STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN this is right up your street