New "No Fun Allowed" mode unlocked for Spells

Two_Finger
I guess since everybody's jumping on yrr for being "the only one that feels this way" I'm going to say that I agree with them
Yrrzy
i just dont like the amount of shit built into the site designed to be annoying or hinder its usage, idk why we needed negative spells in the first place cause they just make me not wanna use the site

+ any time i raise this everyone just complains im anti-fun but i'm not, in fact the point of this is that i consider these obfuscating spells to be actively unfun for everyone except the caster

(except autocorrect that one was p fun)
Yoshin
Yeah I agree with her to an extent too. Yes the spells should be minor annoyances, but just that, they shouldn't take away the user's ability to read the post/basic site usage
T-man
I feel like the majority would disagree with you, but I could be wrong.

But at least now you can disable/hide spells, and you said yourself you would never use them out of principle.
Mario
[deleted]
T-man
Outta Sight is easily the most obstructive spell, but it's also one of the most expensive. I feel like we don't see these excessively salty spells so often that they're really a problem.
Two_Finger
idk not being able to read posts affected by whoops really gets to me, there's no way for me as a reader to fix that beyond quoting the post but I shouldn't need to do that
[Image: GrFo47K.jpg]
Spritanium
I mean most RPGs would be less fun if you could only give your enemies high fives
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Mario
[deleted]
Draku
yeah changing the cost on whoops might have been a bad idea, i guess i should bump that back up. it wasn't seeing use at all before so it seemed like a weak choice but making it so cheap reveals that it's really obstructive in practice.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
kaZaam
(Sep 5, 2016 at 11:45 PM)Two_Finger Wrote: I guess since everybody's jumping on yrr for being "the only one that feels this way" I'm going to say that I agree with them
(Sep 5, 2016 at 11:47 PM)Yrr Wrote: i just dont like the amount of shit built into the site designed to be annoying or hinder its usage, idk why we needed negative spells in the first place cause they just make me not wanna use the site

+ any time i raise this everyone just complains im anti-fun but i'm not, in fact the point of this is that i consider these obfuscating spells to be actively unfun for everyone except the caster

(except autocorrect that one was p fun)

well i'd say that p much every spell is negative or atl annoying? idk maybe distracting's a better word. to me, Negative spells have their place the same way Positive spells do as they're all enhancers. and anyway ive argued that some of the particularly Enhancing ones are op before so i can agree that they can go Too Far.

idk it's hard to really judge the system yet considering it's heavily wip. i want mw to be accessible for ppl no matter the playstyle but those playstyles havent really been defined yet so i guess i can see why now it would turn some people off who don't like the weird default we're going with for now. like i said, i think spell subversions are a neat idea, they just need some elegant implementation.

tldr dont leave ily
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
Mario
[deleted]
Yrrzy
i dont get why this is a game instead of a forum tbh

why do we need negative shit at all
Mario
[deleted]
kaZaam
its still a forum. spells don't work w/o posts
Mario
[deleted]
Spritanium
(Sep 5, 2016 at 11:53 PM)Two_Finger Wrote: idk not being able to read posts affected by whoops really gets to me, there's no way for me as a reader to fix that beyond quoting the post but I shouldn't need to do that

You can turn em off

Personally I'd be fine with allowing people to disable whichever ones they want as long as they're willing to give up the ability to play the game themselves. I don't agree with the decision (MW is no longer the 10,000,000th focusless discussion platfork with no defining features) but I definitely don't want anyone to leave. We've got some good sh*t planned and we're gonna make it happen, but yeah it all really does focus on the spell concept.

Wait I have a solution: we'll just split into two forums. How come nobody thought of it before? Grin
[Image: supercorrect.png]
kaZaam
also yea i think it's a little weird that new spells just kinda show up? like i think the entire community should be involved in shit like that eben if we're not all progrumers. atl it'd prob keep shit like this from happening
kaZaam
outta sight is still p fuckin op outside of being too cheap or w/e. like yea it's funny hohoheehee but for fuck's sake i can barely tell what tman's post said and im not eben doing anything else
Mario
[deleted]