MoonAge
I know I want some books for christmas but I can’t think of anything in particular

I’m open to any genre but I’m especially partial to sci-fi, mystery, and nonfiction
Stirling
anything agatha christie

anything conan doyle

The Decagon House Murders
Get it by your own hands.

MFGG Staff Slaying Expert
Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler:
Pea
isaac asimov for an intro to sci-fi and robotics
Pick up 48 laws of power
Animal farm
Farenheit 451
One piece volumes 1-91
Jetamo
i will always heartily recommend the Discworld books
[Image: ybpjq8e.png]
Fun With Despair
(Dec 3, 2018 at 11:03 PM)Jetamo Wrote: i will always heartily recommend the Discworld books
These are pretty good. There's a couple that actually are mysteries too, which wouldn't be the worst place to start
Superchao

>mystery

thou hast summoned me

-Any of the Nero Wolfe books, by Rex Stout
-Lord Darcy by Randall Garriot
-The Meg Langslow series by Donna Andrews is a good cozy mystery series
-And if you want business there's John Putnam Thatcher by Emma Lathen
-For non fiction I highly recommend Team of Rivals and The Bully Pulpit, both by Doris Kearns Goodwin
-Also Hard Tack and Coffee by John D. Billings
-Oh, and the John Grisham books are good for thrilers
-Honor Harrington is iconic sci-fi, look into that
-Try some of the Warhammer books if you want grim darkness of the 41st millenium
-Also look for Asimov, you have to look for Asimov
-I could go on but I think you've got enough as is
Stirling
i can second meg langslow
Get it by your own hands.

MFGG Staff Slaying Expert
Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler:
fireball3k
oh lord, i'm about to reveal that i'm not that well read of a guy. still, i have a few general recommendations, and i hope maybe you could find something you like in the word vomit i'm about to print.

my nonfiction recommendation of the day might be empires of trust by thomas f. madden. it's a very interesting read that compares and contrasts the roman empire to america.

the novels of sax rohmer, like the fu manchu series, or maybe the arsene lupin series would be something else i'd recommend looking into. as for lupin, i was able to buy an omnibus of novels about him for maybe a buck on kindle, so i'd say the price is right for a book about a gentleman thief.

and now that i think about it, the book isn't quite a series of mystery stories, but i think you might enjoy the smoking gun sisterhood by thad brown. it's a collection of stories about strong female protagonists, and a few of them have a bit of a mystery bent to them.
Mario
settlers