Spritanium
Wow that's 3 posts between my double post. Gotta step it up
[Image: supercorrect.png]
kaZaam
(Sep 8, 2016 at 2:09 AM)Spritanium Wrote: the retro look adds to the weird ethereal whimsy
that's it.
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
Yrrzy
(Sep 8, 2016 at 2:07 AM)Spritanium Wrote: I just wish sprite games scaled better in fullscreen, they look like ass sometimes

I like the a e s t h e t i c but I've seen what can be done with vector art and it more often than not looks better

i really think good sprites look nicer than vectorised versions by a long way and i get upset every time cute pixelart gets "remastered" like that
Two_Finger

>not sure if sarcastic

only a little
I like it too, though in some things it was a little too much
kaZaam
well i think shit like drawdistance fog only touches on what i'm talking about
Two_Finger
well yes obviously I only brought it up because it's a relevant example that isn't brought up in these kinda discussions often enough
people usually focus on the nes/snes hardware limitations a lot and forget there's other things
kaZaam
idk it never was a damper to me. fog alw creates an interesting intimacy with the environment, even if it's Annoying in some ways.

the real worst thing about n64 limitations was the framerate esp in shit like rareware games
Two_Finger
no yes I agree with you about the fog, it really did it's job making areas feel not as small as they tended to be
Spritanium
(Sep 8, 2016 at 2:18 AM)Yrr Wrote:
(Sep 8, 2016 at 2:07 AM)Spritanium Wrote: I just wish sprite games scaled better in fullscreen, they look like ass sometimes

I like the a e s t h e t i c but I've seen what can be done with vector art and it more often than not looks better

i really think good sprites look nicer than vectorised versions by a long way and i get upset every time cute pixelart gets "remastered" like that

Sad
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Two_Finger
don't worry sprits this is a situation where the vectorization does wonders
geno7
i just picked this up, time to become indie famous

(i already had it illegally but now i have it and feel legitimate)
[Image: fsMwICg.gif]