Shroomguy
The way I imagine it working is that you essentially send someone a fake notification that, if clicked, causes some kind of drain. I dunno how feasible that'd be to implement though, but I like the idea of spells that attack users directly.
The Beef Baron
kaZaam
oh fuck thats evil. i like it
kaZaam
i think there needs to be some kind of shield counterspell if we start adding salty user-affecting spells tho
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
Draku
something like that might dissuade people from using the notification system unless there's a tell, and if there's a tell it won't work on anyone.

instead, why not have it embed itself as a false random event, and someone that gets a random event soon afterwards will get hit by it?

(Sep 7, 2016 at 12:32 AM)Shroomguy Wrote: but I like the idea of spells that attack users directly.
[Image: 8uOHAQL.png]
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Shroomguy
(Sep 7, 2016 at 12:35 AM)Kazaam Wrote: i think there needs to be some kind of shield counterspell if we start adding salty user-affecting spells tho

I agree, but it should be limited in some capacity. Perhaps paying for duration? Or stacks of protection?

Maybe healers can throw it in people and themselves
The Beef Baron
kaZaam
yea was thinkan that maybe it could be expensive to get in the first place and have only a couple uses before breaking or w/e & needing to be rebought for the same price w maybe a little premium added every time so its not alw ideal to just keep buying it
kaZaam
healers get a discount and can gift them to others or someth
Draku
I think it'd be funny if Healers got to use a spell shield for free on any given user but themselves and it's invisible until procced, but they can't cast another one until a 1-3 day limit passes or the spell shield gets used up by blocking an offensive spell, which would reset the usage timer and thus give them a new one to throw down.

Imagine the mindgames.
kaZaam
(Sep 7, 2016 at 12:51 AM)Draku Wrote: I think it'd be funny if Healers got to use a spell shield for free on any given user but themselves and it's invisible until procced, but they can't cast another one until a 1-3 day limit passes or the spell shield gets used up by blocking an offensive spell, which would reset the usage timer and thus give them a new one to throw down.

Imagine the mindgames.
this is gibing me mafia vibes
kaZaam
(Sep 7, 2016 at 1:02 AM)Gato Wrote: burn damage salt spell that is the opposite of Great Sh*t

names that shit Bad Sh*t. fund it
oh shit mayb something like a fake good sh*t button that falls off auto-correct style into a bad sh*t sign when clicked and irrevocably removes xp from the affected

this is gettign 2evil
Spritanium
What if the caster could customize the alert text, so the level of suspicion is up to them?

If they click it, you get your spent EXP back + 100% of the cost drained from the affected user, and if they don't click it within 6 hours, you have to pay double
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Draku
(Sep 7, 2016 at 1:38 AM)Spritanium Wrote: What if the caster could customize the alert text, so the level of suspicion is up to them?

If they click it, you get your spent EXP back + 100% of the cost drained from the affected user, and if they don't click it within 6 hours, you have to pay double
Yeah but then people will just copypaste legit alerts like "replied to your thread "who here really enjoys the taste of d*ck". There may be more posts after this." and fulfill what I had said prior: People will be afraid to click on legitimate alerts and thus invalidate the feature.
Spritanium
It wouldn't be hard to add validation so real alert strings can't be included

It actually would work better as a "planted" random event now that I think of it. It could be a user spell and next time that user loads the index they'll get your fake event. If we have a ton of random events it could work
Spritanium
A ton to choose from I mean (so the fake ones don't stand out as immediately suspicious)
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Draku
Luigi appears and empathetically urges you to donate to his friend the Nigerian prince.