(Sep 7, 2016 at 8:19 PM)T-man Wrote: fucking normies
Get it by your own hands.

MFGG Staff Slaying Expert
Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler:
Draku
(Sep 7, 2016 at 7:55 PM)I Want A Name Change Wrote: The NSMB series has sold ~80 million copies so far, they're probably very easy to make and they're very recognizable to the average pleb customer, but yeah, they definitely should stop making them because nerds on the internet get buttmad.
Yes, they're mediocre, uninspired games that have no identity of their own and leech off of the past. And that's what sells.

Doesn't mean people can't criticize how played out that shit is.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
kaZaam
(Sep 7, 2016 at 7:55 PM)I Want A Name Change Wrote: what sells = what's good
[Image: 9d5.png]
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
Spritanium
If Nintendo wants to sell out and appeal to the mass market that's fine, except in that situation it makes absolutely no fucking sense for them to continue making consoles
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Draku
(Sep 7, 2016 at 9:44 PM)JoshJDubya Wrote:
(Sep 7, 2016 at 9:23 PM)Spritanium Wrote: If Nintendo wants to sell out and appeal to the mass market that's fine, except in that situation it makes absolutely no fucking sense for them to continue making consoles
I wish consoles would just fuck off and everything would be available on PC anyways.
People say this and have no idea what it entails.

Console/handheld producers fund games.
Game creators aim for the right market for their product, which is hopefully a large one.
Console/handheld gamers are far more likely to pay full price for a game, and sale prices are generally lower.
Stuff like limited editions which have even higher profit margins than a normal sale are only possible for consoles/handhelds.
For better or for worse, console/handheld gamers are one hell of a lot less picky about what they will buy.

All of this means that the people making games are incentivized far more heavily and make more money. There's a reason why PC ports are basically afterthoughts even with the relative success they've seen lately -- the money they produce still can't compare.
Mario
[deleted]
DrTapeworm
anyways this game doesn't really interest me but i don't hate it for existing. someone's probably gonna like it and that's fine. i don't want to get involved in gamevideodiscourse though
[Image: dinogunz.png]
kaZaam
(Sep 7, 2016 at 9:54 PM)wtl Wrote: id rather play games on a console, too much Bull Shit to deal with on computers

ya the whole masterace thing seems like such a farce to me. like just seems like some dumb rationalization for spending $1000s more on hardware that still only works better sometimes.
T-man
(Sep 7, 2016 at 9:54 PM)wtl Wrote: id rather play games on a console, too much Bull Shit to deal with on computers

The real problem is that there are no fucking games.

You can emulate games from other consoles all you want, but most of the native PC games that are available is the shit I intentionally pass over on console. EA, Ubishit, Craptivision, give me a fucking break.

Also RTS is not a real genre. I like to be an active participant in the action, not a bossy fuck in the sky.
Draku
(Sep 7, 2016 at 10:21 PM)T-man Wrote:

The real problem is that there are no fucking games.

You can emulate games from other consoles all you want, but most of the native PC games that are available is the shit I intentionally pass over on console. EA, Ubishit, Craptivision, give me a fucking break.

Also RTS is not a real genre. I like to be an active participant in the action, not a bossy fuck in the sky.
And what good PC games do happen nowadays are late ports. Sometimes very very late.

It doesn't help that most PC-only users don't own controllers, so you can't really sell them controller heavy games either without mass complaints. While mouse and keyboard are unmistakably the best tools for RTS and FPS they are... less than satisfactory for almost anything else.
Great for the kids; i'm sure they'll be happy

Me and all my niggas however will be waiting for that fire emblem mobile. the ge for actual adults
Spritanium
(Sep 7, 2016 at 9:54 PM)Draku Wrote:
(Sep 7, 2016 at 9:44 PM)JoshJDubya Wrote:
(Sep 7, 2016 at 9:23 PM)Spritanium Wrote: If Nintendo wants to sell out and appeal to the mass market that's fine, except in that situation it makes absolutely no fucking sense for them to continue making consoles
I wish consoles would just fuck off and everything would be available on PC anyways.
People say this and have no idea what it entails.

Console/handheld producers fund games.
Game creators aim for the right market for their product, which is hopefully a large one.
Console/handheld gamers are far more likely to pay full price for a game, and sale prices are generally lower.
Stuff like limited editions which have even higher profit margins than a normal sale are only possible for consoles/handhelds.
For better or for worse, console/handheld gamers are one hell of a lot less picky about what they will buy.

All of this means that the people making games are incentivized far more heavily and make more money. There's a reason why PC ports are basically afterthoughts even with the relative success they've seen lately -- the money they produce still can't compare.

Well of course it makes more money, that's why they do it in the first place

Doesn't mean we can't wish that wasn't the case

Same thing with SMB3 clones. Just because one thing makes a company more money doesn't mean it's better for everybody involved
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Yrrzy
(Sep 7, 2016 at 10:10 PM)Kazaam Wrote: ya the whole masterace thing seems like such a farce to me. like just seems like some dumb rationalization for spending $1000s more on hardware that still only works better sometimes.

tbh i can't justify paying whatever for a console when i already own a PC

there's def some games that never left consoles that I wanted to play but still not enough to make it worth buying a console
kaZaam
noyea im not saying go buy a ps4 or w/e or that theres someth inherently wrong with pc games. ffs it's feckin xclusively what i play games on nowadays. i just think there's a huge problem w/ devs treating ports like afterthoughts and releasing really shittily optimized games. also gpu market competition bullshit infuencing ports etc. it's a fuckin mess and i feel a lot of pc Gamers just kinda ignore it cause "atl i can play these games above 30fps if i spend 300 more dollars"
kaZaam
i feel most current gen games are really shitty so i dont feel like im missing out on much anyway. just speaking for other ppl
Yrrzy
ah fair yea like my entire reasoning for playing PC games is "i'm already using my PC" and mouse-aim, i dont buy into the graphics shit outside of "this game clearly cut content to run on consoles"
you never know though; maybe they rehash this so it'll sell; then the next ios mario is innovative and the savior of mobile games.

i can see it now; most downloaded app super mario steampunk edition ft dante from dmc.
actually itll just be a flalppy bird clone with yoshi instead of the flappy bird
kaZaam
i thot fappy bird was a mario game....