Draku
(Sep 7, 2016 at 10:52 PM)Yrr Wrote: "this game clearly cut content to run on consoles"
Yeah because the game wouldn't exist with its current budget or state at all without console sales being involved in the equation, more than likely.

(Sep 7, 2016 at 10:44 PM)Spritanium Wrote: Well of course it makes more money, that's why they do it in the first place

Doesn't mean we can't wish that wasn't the case

Same thing with SMB3 clones. Just because one thing makes a company more money doesn't mean it's better for everybody involved
yeah i know that but unlike with the NSMB series where nintendo could potentially mix up the entries more and grant them a more interesting aesthetic and they would still sell to the same large demographic as well as re-interest the more hardcore fans (they simply don't because it's more budget efficient and easier to do it the current way, though that's a bad move in the long run given no one buys a nintendo console solely because of new super mario bros the way it is currently) a PC-only games market would be an entirely different beast and far more limited.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Yrrzy
(Sep 7, 2016 at 11:26 PM)Draku Wrote:
(Sep 7, 2016 at 10:52 PM)Yrr Wrote: "this game clearly cut content to run on consoles"
Yeah because the game wouldn't exist with its current budget or state at all without console sales being involved in the equation, more than likely.

as i said i agree w/ this for the most part its games like watch_dogs where the content was there and just disabled to make the console version appear the better one

and i mean this in that its not a common thing at all
Draku
(Sep 7, 2016 at 11:30 PM)Yrr Wrote: as i said i agree w/ this for the most part its games like watch_dogs where the content was there and just disabled to make the console version appear the better one

and i mean this in that its not a common thing at all
ah okay, yeah stuff like that is bull.

there is an actual complaint in the line of thinking my post criticized though because consolized UIs staying for the PC port is the worst fucking shit in the universe
kaZaam
skyrim felt like that
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
mit
i think its odd that some people are entirely shocked by this game existing when i feel like if anything nintendos recent investments in being creatively bankrupt would do nothing but culminate in a nsmbu styled mario infinite runner on mobile with microtransactions
T-man
Nintendo has been shit for so long the fact they have any fans left surprises me.
Stirling
consoles are a relic of gaming's start and money is only in them because they're the powerhouses (and are dying for the inevitable homogeneous platform)
Get it by your own hands.

MFGG Staff Slaying Expert
Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler:
T-man

It's almost incredible how much the lack of BAH BAH improves NSMB music.
Draku
i was watching that and my head kept trying to fill in the BAHs

after cleansing my mind for a moment WOW it does sound a ton better. fucking BAH
T-man
(Sep 8, 2016 at 4:43 AM)Draku Wrote: i was watching that and my head kept trying to fill in the BAHs
I was just about to post the same thing.
Fucking BAH BAH.

Spritanium

> Not that far off

[Image: supercorrect.png]
mit
i feel like it would have more visual appeal if it didn't look like every single mario game on the market. like there's some novelty in seeing those japanese arcade games that are ultimately just slot games that look exactly like NSMB since there's that kind of novelty, but if it wasn't spread so goddamn thin it would work out so much better.

like i get that it's recognizable but holy shit it's crippling the fuck out of the brand.
Draku
(Sep 8, 2016 at 5:10 AM)mit Wrote: i feel like it would have more visual appeal if it didn't look like every single mario game on the market. like there's some novelty in seeing those japanese arcade games that are ultimately just slot games that look exactly like NSMB since there's that kind of novelty, but if it wasn't spread so goddamn thin it would work out so much better.

like i get that it's recognizable but holy shit it's crippling the fuck out of the brand.
Yeah it's fucking ridiculous at this point. Everything looks the fucking same

It doesn't help that they keep using the SAME MARIO RENDER FOR EVERYTHING

[Image: sEnFCIx.png]
T-man
I've enjoy the renders from 3D World and beyond, much better than the horrid renders used throughout the GameCube era.

[Image: gNdp6RU.png]

They're in that middling period where they aren't charming like N64 renders and they're not gorgeous like modern ones.
T-man
But yeah, that NSMBWii render was used quite liberally during that era.
T-man
(Sep 7, 2016 at 11:08 PM)Kazaam Wrote: i thot fappy bird was a mario game....
thanks for reminding me of this distilled cancer
Draku
(Sep 8, 2016 at 7:07 AM)T-man Wrote: But yeah, that NSMBWii render was used quite liberally during that era.
"that era"

[Image: 1oZdII8.png]
Draku
so apparently it -is- coming to android next year. gotta love them misleading announcements

Shigeru Miyamoto Wrote:For us, the stability of the iOS platform was important in choosing iPhones for the game.
Shigeru Miyamoto Wrote:For us, the sheer amount of money Apple threw at us was important in choosing iPhones for the game. What, you think I bought that plane ticket myself?

i'm still not very interested though, runner games are kind of a shit genre and

>NSMB aesthetic

Yrrzy
(Sep 9, 2016 at 12:48 AM)JoshJDubya Wrote: At least they didn't try to add micro-transactions.

[Image: qTGnviz.png]

[Image: JjqoP7g.png]
Spritanium
Apparently the app is full featured to begin with, and the microtransactions will be for aesthetic upgrades (and additional levels i assume)
[Image: supercorrect.png]