Day 5: Broken Hearts and Uncool Cats

The Dealer
The game continues and more players fail. Hope you didn't blink tonight, or you may have missed it. With a very special motive it turns out that even the most pacified of you lot were willing to spill the blood of someone else in the sake of your own. It's a shame the rules only let you do so at night. Speaking of spilled blood let's take a look at our not so bloody victims.

The dealer shuffles come cards around, showing off his deft card work once more as the Major Arcana flash before his finger tips. He rifles through the cards and then pulls out a card with it's back to the audience. With a flick of his fingers he whips the card around which is now suddenly two!

Justice and Death. Now isn't that ironic?

Rozalin lies victim to Grimm's paltry show, skewered and roasted on the stage in the Main Foyer. Can't say much else about the body now, you all should know what a burnt corpse looks like at this point.

Cool Cat faces a different demise, face down against a table in the Game Room! They appear unscathed aside from a lone dart sticking out of the back of their neck. Their skin is an unhealthy color but that might be from the piss inhalation in this room!

Seriously, is it common practice for guests to pee all over their graciously provided housing? I feel at wits end. But as your numbers dwindle so does my list of problems, so I'll be taking that Dove mask and Phoenix mask (respectively). Two gorgeous masks for my collection now. But you care not for that, let's review the plays made tonight.

My bedroom is experiencing flooding damage as someone left on the bathtub and clogged with knives. They're all soapy and clean, but did you really have to ruin my carpet?
The game room is set up in a mock interview style arrangement of furniture, excluding the piss dripping forks stabbed into the walls.
Cool Cat grips an iPod Nano with a mic hooked up to it, it appears to still be on.
I hope you all have enough clothes to stay warm because the Coat Room is ashes now. If you don't like a room why not try something OTHER than burning it!
The main foyer still has some stage equipment left out and supplies pushed off to the side if you so wish to investigate.
Someone put stew out for a feast in the Dining Room, but it's cold now.
There was one AFK tonight.

My, is that it? You'll have to do some extra investigating this time, won't you? I have faith that the heroes will find the truth.
The Dealer chuckles.

[Image: Y5JuHuw.png]

Spoiler:

[Image: N7QE96r.png]

Spoiler:

[Image: ofGldrU.png]

Spoiler:

You have until 10:30pm AZT (PST) on the 30th, for 2 murders of course.

Second Floor:
@Adell, @"Coffee", @Bruno Bucciarati, @Francis Shoemaker, @Halo 2, "Two_Finger", "Misery the Inconvenient", @Grimm, "Mii", "Pohatu", @King Radical, @James.

Basement:
@Sebastian Michaelis, @Isabelle, @Tsumugi Shirogane, @Ryutaros, @MarioPants, @Junko, @Bill Cipher, "Rozalin", "Fortnite", @Slayer, @Reigen Arataka, and the final room "Cool Cat"
There have been Dealers before but none so adept at the game as him.
Grimm
I suppose I shall bite the metaphorical bullet. What is Cool Cat listening to?
The Dealer
(Mar 29, 2019 at 5:27 PM)Grimm Wrote: I suppose I shall bite the metaphorical bullet. What is Cool Cat listening to?

It appears the iPod was set up to record, not play. The mic gave it some help in picking up sounds.
Isabelle
Can we see what it recorded? That sounds like some prime evidence!
Is there something I can help you with today?
Grimm
The one who burned the coatroom... a man after my own heart. Yet... does anything besides ashes remain?
King Radical
(Mar 29, 2019 at 5:41 PM)Isabelle Wrote: Can we see what it recorded? That sounds like some prime evidence!

I'm going to butt in here real quick.

I really appreciate, or, heh, appreciated this cat's style. It really started growing on me after a bumpy start. So, I happened to walk in on Cool Cat doing a podcast, and they invited me on it. Give it the ol' royal appointment, you know?

Didn't hang around for long, of course, I'm a busy man. But the cat was alive and cool when I left.
The Dealer
(Mar 29, 2019 at 5:41 PM)Isabelle Wrote: Can we see what it recorded? That sounds like some prime evidence!

Welcome to the first ever Cool cat pod cast! This is your host, Cooooooool Cat, the coolest of cat and nemesis of bullies! Let's start off with our first topic!
Daddy Derek you ruined everything! I can't believe my own daddy would go so far as to ruin the entire franchise and good name of Cool Cat! Well this Cat is coming out of the bag and making their own way, so take that!
Oh, looks like we have your first guest! Welcome Adell! Would you like to join my podcast? Great! Let's talk about bullies. I always found that when it comes to being bullied, running away is ok! Because then the bully has to run after you, and they get tired because Butch is fat, and then you wdon't get bullied anymore! Do you ever get bullied Adell?

Adell mumbles something about being bald for some reason.

Oh Adell, that's silly! Besides you look better this way! Very cool, but not cat. So Cool Uncat! What's your favorite drink, can I get you anything to wet yourself? I'm going to ave a dry martini myself.

Adell clearly asks for Cool Cat to leave him alone and accuses them of bullying.

Don't be that way! I'm Cool cat and I hate bullying! You look a little uneasy friend, are you sure you aren't hankering for some feel good juice? Maybe some spirits will bring your hair back from the dead!

A loud sound comes from the mic that sounds like a chair being slapped and and someone getting up, Adell's voice is much clearer as he says "I'm going to take your advice and run away from bullies, enjoy your drink." He sounded very bothered, and can be heard leaving.

Well that was exciting! Speaking of running away, I'm going to be on the lam from Daddy Derek this day forward! No more associating with bullies for this feline! We're sticking it clean and pristine. Once my art career takes off the ground, this cat will be their own pajamas! Why if it isn't King Radical!

King Radical's voice starts too quiet, but it slowly gets louder and you can clearly make out him praising Cool Cat for being super cool and very interesting. A real inspiration. Oh wowee wow, Cool Cat is just the coolest! The compliments rain down for some time with King Radical's voice close to the mic and then finally stop.

I never knew you felt that way your majesty, but this Cat is taken by the laws of no bullying, so you'll have to try and pick up someone else! Would you like to join my pod cast?

There's a moment of silence and the most uninterested "No" comes out in King Radical's voice. It's a bit shocking to hear him decline after being so into it.

Okay then, bye bye! Now where was I. I wanted to talk about bullies. Speaking of Bullies, is that Bruno? How are you good chum? Would you like to join my pod cast?

A quiet "ah" comes from the recording.

Great, take a seat! I was just talking about bullies and daddy derek and how mean and bad they are! Also I want to show off my artistic talents to the world! What do you think Bruno?

He's a bit quiet but you can make out "I think pursuing your dreams is important, no matter how impossible they may seem. Find yourself some friends and you can do anything."

I agree Bruno! What a wholesome thing to say, could you say that closer into the mic?

There's some shuffling happening and Bruno repeats his statement, but much clearer into the mic. He also adds on "Never give up either, your friends will be there for you and the trust you've built will take you all the way."

That's really swell my Italian friend! *Yawns* I think this pod cast is turning out great! (At this point Cool cat doesn't seem to have as much energy in their voice but are straining to keep going.) So will you tell us really quick what you think about my art Bruno?

"Yes, I think the forks are... interesting, but the way you wrote out Cool Cat in red over there makes it feel like I'm in your own studio. Impressive friend."

Thanks! I think I have enough for now, I'll have to go and edit this. I'll see you later Bruno!

There's some silence. Then Cool Cat returns sounding very sluggish.

This is Cool Cat. I'll have to edit this tomorrow. I'm feeling very sleepy. Maybe the dry martini was too much for my pure body. I'll just... take a quick nap. And then... post this tomorrow...

The rest of the recording is dead silent.
The Dealer
(Mar 29, 2019 at 5:50 PM)Grimm Wrote: The one who burned the coatroom... a man after my own heart. Yet... does anything besides ashes remain?

Some coat racks I suppose. The whole room isn't gone, but there's no coats left. At best you could find a spare hat or some luggage?
Bruno Bucciarati
Ah, I noticed he was quite sluggish last night. That Cool Cat must've been poisoned, can we confirm from that dart in his neck? In addition, is there darts anywhere we would know about that could match?
Grimm
Allow me to examine this dart in their neck, if you will.
Bruno Bucciarati
From my account... I believe I've failed to see anything, yet again. By the time I made it downstairs and enter the foyer, Grimm was still preparing his macabre show, entering the dining room. Isabelle comes down the stairs as well. I make my exit, eventually making it to the Game Room, where King Radical is helping Cool Cat with his... last words. My participation is recorded, as you all heard. I'll repeat myself, he was notably dreary and tired as you can hear in the recording. I made it to the show, noticing the lack of Grimm. Adell, Isabelle and someone in a Beaver mask is here. I decide to take my own leave just as King Radical enters, only noticing Coffee and Francis upstairs being Bizarre as usual.
Morgan
-w isn’t bugging for a hot second so here’s a question

What can I gleam by looking over both the bodies?
I'll show you a real dance....
MarioPants
brother goes ghost
The Dealer
(Mar 29, 2019 at 6:06 PM)Bruno Bucciarati Wrote: Ah, I noticed he was quite sluggish last night. That Cool Cat must've been poisoned, can we confirm from that dart in his neck? In addition, is there darts anywhere we would know about that could match?

(Mar 29, 2019 at 6:07 PM)Grimm Wrote: Allow me to examine this dart in their neck, if you will.

The dart appears to be a dart from this very game room. It's stuck in their neck right into a vein on the back and the tip is coated in some sort of substance,

(Mar 29, 2019 at 6:18 PM)Coffee Wrote: -w isn’t bugging for a hot second so here’s a question

What can I gleam by looking over both the bodies?

Rozalin has been burned and impaled, but you do note that their upper esophagus and trachea has been crushed. Everything else has pretty much burned away.
Cool cat only has that shallow prick in their neck.
Junko
Heya nerds! Junko here!

Gotta say, never met so many people into as much weird shit as you. First thing I saw tonight was a member of the KKK entering Fortnite's room. Then I went straight up stairs, not seeing anyone until I got to the museum, and what do I find but that diminutive dog, Isabelle. She looks like she needs a hat, and I'm all about fixing people's problems tonight.

I continue on to the idle space where I see Grimm with a lot of stuff hidden in his clothes, but I do recognize one item. Is that a baseball bat or are you just happy to see me? In the hallway, King Radical is radiating his radicality and hanging by Coffee's room. He doesn't even acknowledge me, I'm too hot to be cool anyway. I go into the servants' quarters and ask for some laundry done because all my clothes were ruined previous nights. I went by the library next and saw Reigen reading, so boring. I walked through an empty den but I did notice the dumbwaiter in use (going down) before leaving and that's when I see Grimm, the first person I'm gonna help tonight. I picked up a little something and thought you might enjoy it, since you've been so artistic with your photography. It was a little funny, right, Grimm? Just a bit? Fine, I'll make it up to you later.

Next, I see Bill, I wanted to help him, I happen to have an extra pair of safety goggles. Unfortunately, I can't help someone who can't help themselves. Into the main foyer, and here's Tsumugi, singing for our dear, late Pohato, while Grimm and Sebastion enter the dining room. Downstairs, Halo 2 is chasing after a bird? with a knife, while the bird says "give me your suit". I don't even know what's happening anymore.

Rozalin is also here, are these her final moments? I don't know, I need Grimm to let me know where she died. I'm headed to my room to change and when I return to the Grand Hall, Tsumugi is smoking a blunt, again. Halo 2 and Rozalin are gone, but the bird is here and now it's armed and making spooky ghost sounds. Who gave the bird a knife? Tsumugi offers me a toke but I'm not interested. I put up some safety pylons because tomorrow there will be some demolition work downstairs, please avoid the pylon areas for your own safety. Anyway, I head to Isabelle's room and I gave her a new hat before I leave and she goes to bed.

Now I'm getting sleepy to, so I head upstairs. Grimm is headed up the stairs in the foyer and Sebastion is headed down the stairs behind me. I follow Grimm up to the den when I suddenly notice James is following me. He probably noticed I'm too tired to chat, and gives me an understanding smile as he leaves to his room, and I go crash elsewhere.
Bill Cipher
NOT MUCH FROM ME TODAY, KIDS! I WANTED TO LAY LOW TO AVOID GETTING MURDERED TWICE, BUT I DID WANT TO DO SOMETHING SPECIAL!

YET AGAIN, THAT BUTLER STALKER LEFT THE SAME TIME AS ME! WHEN WE ENTER THE GRAND HALL, HALO 2’S FIGHTING SOME WEIRD KNIFE BIRD THING AND TSUMUGI’S PICKING AT THE WALL OF THE ??? ROOM! I CONTINUE STALKING SEBASTIAN MYSELF UNTIL WE PART WAYS WHERE HE GOES TO THE GAME ROOM AND I GO UPSTAIRS! I JUST SO HAPPEN TO JUNKO TALKING TO GRIMM, AND SHE TURNS TO ME TO OFFER A PAIR OF GOGGLES! I FOUND THAT OFFENSIVE TOWARDS MY ONE-EYE MINORITY, SO I DECLINED! I GO INTO THE MASTER BEDROOM WHERE I HEAR BATH WATER RUNNING AND A WHOLE TUB’S WORTH OF KNIVES GETTING SOAPY! I RETRIEVE MII’S BODY SO I COULD HAVE A FRIEND FOR DINNER! I DRAG HIM DOWNSTAIRS, PASSING BY SEBASTIAN AND TSUMUGI, THE LATTER OF WHICH IS SINGING ABOUT LEGO MAN! I ALSO SEE KING RADICAL FLIPPING OFF PHYSICS BY SKATING UP THE BASEMENT STAIRS! I PROCEED TO THE KITCHEN TO COOK UP A RATHER HEARTY MEAL! WHILE I’M DOING THIS, COFFEE COMES BY TO GRAB SOMETHING FROM THE ICEBOX, REIGEN COMES TO JUST...STAND THERE, AND GRIMM AND ADELL BOTH GRAB SOME CAKES FROM THE OVEN, THE LATTER HEADING TO THE FRIDGE! I TAKE MY FILLING STEW TO THE DINING ROOM, AND ADELL LEAVES THE KITCHEN SOON AFTER, WITH A SHINY KITCHEN UTENSIL LODGED IN HIS BACK!
I GO BACK TO KITCHEN TO GRAB THE REST OF MY STEW WHEN I NOTICE REIGEN KNOCKED OUT COLD ON THE FLOOR! SLACKER! KING RADICAL’S STANDING OVER HIS BODY, AND I PROMISE I WON’T SNITCH HIM OUT IF HE KILLED REIGEN! I SET THE LAST OF MY STEW DOWN IN THE DINING ROOM, BUT NOBODY CAME! WHAT GIVES, I MADE THAT STEW WITH MY BLOOD, SWEAT, AND TEARS!

....OR MII’S, RATHER!

FINALLY I DOZE OFF!
Bruno Bucciarati
Does the Conservatory list any symptoms of the poisonous plants there? And, of course, do they match the deceased Cool Cat?
James
Unfortunately I didn't do a lot this night, so this account may not be fruitful.

When I woke up, I headed to the Library. Reigen was there so we have a chat, and then split up soon after. I headed into the Den to see the Jackal masked person again, but I have no idea why they were there. They left somewhere in the Hallway when I took up a hiding spot inside the Den, being afraid of losing my own life.

Not much happened when I was here. During my game of hide and seek, I saw Halo 2, Grimm, and Coffee pass through, no one else. Then I decided I hid for long enough and got up back into the Library. I saw Junko in there, but she looked tired so I decided to spare her my words and leave to my room for some shuteye myself.
The Dealer
(Mar 29, 2019 at 9:47 PM)Bruno Bucciarati Wrote: Does the Conservatory list any symptoms of the poisonous plants there? And, of course, do they match the deceased Cool Cat?

Well thought, there appears to be some notes left scattered around and pages flipped through at the desk. They detail various toxins and poisons that can be extracted from various plants in here. But none seem bookmarked or anything like that.
But given your free time and checking the symptoms it seems to match Azaleas, which notably are very poisonous to cats which leads to a coma and result in cardiovascular collapse.

Just kidding, Cool cat is a human in a suit after all, the symptoms match very many plants, since heart irregularities and comas aren't the rarest condition. However, if you were to assume that the notes were left out after being used, the closest result you find is for Aconitum, commonly known as aconite, monkshood, wolf's bane, leopard's bane, mousebane, women's bane, devil's helmet, queen of poisons, or blue rocket and sometimes Cat's Bane.
King Radical
(Mar 29, 2019 at 9:05 PM)Bill Cipher Wrote: I GO BACK TO KITCHEN TO GRAB THE REST OF MY STEW WHEN I NOTICE REIGEN KNOCKED OUT COLD ON THE FLOOR! SLACKER! KING RADICAL’S STANDING OVER HIS BODY, AND I PROMISE I WON’T SNITCH HIM OUT IF HE KILLED REIGEN!

Hey, for what it's worth, I actually had nothing to do with him tonight. Some beaver-masked guy left the room as I came in to the kitchen, though.