The Ultimate Killing Game Role Tier List(s)

MoonAge
you think I would know better than to avoid this tier list fad but fuck it, I just had to dig in

To put it simply, for the next few weeks/months, this fun, little, free-time-eating project will rank roles from ALL of the Killing Games from throughout the years (all 2 of them) in order of usefulness, weaknesses, creativity, and utility. They'll be judged not just by how good they are on paper, but how they were taken advantage of by their host players and how they were creatively used. Of course, there's a good number of instances I either wasn't around to see or simply forgot about, so feel free to give commentary on them and I'll make sure to edit placements accordingly. Since one single tier list with every single role would be an utter monstrosity, I'll be taking the easy way out and making individual tier lists for each game, while skipping Killing Game 1 to avoid the risk of FWD flooding my inbox with cease and desist letters. So without further ado...

Killing Game 2

S Tier

Spoiler:
"+When you attempt an action, you may request to disguise yourself as another player. Any players will see you as the player you disguised yourself as, but the Ultimate Detective will be able to see through your disguise."

Ah, times were simpler back then without any fancy gimmicks or intrusive forbidden actions. Assuming the person you're disguising as doesn't majorly conflict with the real one's testimony, this is basically the perfect framing device and is excellent for confusing up the joint. The only "downside" is that the Ultimate Detective's immune to it, but that can't do so much if he's on the other side of the map or, even better, dead. It's just a shame Twof died on Day 1 before he could really go nuts with this.

Spoiler:
Fucking with everyone is the name of the game here.
Can cause a blackout for the entire building, and if they kill someone, their role is never revealed. They can also go on alert, causing them to know who attempted a kill on who. Downsides include not being able to vote in class trials, being unable to kill the Ultimate Detective, and not getting any reward from killing, instead having to be alive when the Detective is lynched or murdered.

It’s clear that the host’s intent with this role was for the player to make everyone’s day as terrible as possible, and this is indeed pretty effective. This role favors a more observational approach, pulling the strings to make everyone...well, fall into despair. The downsides are honestly not a problem at all, as not voting is easy to explain with a good enough excuse, and you can still coordinate with the Detective to make a pact with each other. Actually, it could be argued the alert power is a little too OP.

A Tier

Spoiler:
Can cast a hex on a player and make them have one vote against them in the next trial. Can also summon the bodies of the deceased to do their bidding. Can’t do any actions besides hexing and mucking about with zombies.

On one hand, the power to do whatever you want with an army of the undead is insanely fun and has a wide variety of uses, but it’s countered by the fact that it’s easy to pin any murders done with the zombies on the person who hasn’t left his room for the entire game. While you could go around this early on in the game, you obviously need a dead player to use the power, which can’t happen until at least Night 2. As for the magic vote, while a good source of confusion at first, it’s hard to make it useful without deliberately framing the target. Luckily, being essentially attempt-proof thanks to being stuck in one room for the entire game is enough to make this role as high as it is.

Spoiler:
Can go on alert and know who attempted on who. Can also learn the role of anyone they fail an attempt on.

While the alert power is still frightening and gives the user a big advantage in investigations, it’s not quite versatile enough like the Ultimate Despair to put it on the same level. Not to mention you have to be very lucky to fail an attempt on someone, plus it doesn’t seem very detective-like. Anti-hero, maybe?

B Tier

Spoiler:
“+You and you alone can review security camera footage to determine who went where. If a Blackout has occured, or if the crime occurs in a room with no cameras, you can't do much. You may also choose to wipe the tapes and destroy evidence.”

A decently balanced role that’s not too great but not too terrible, either. It feels odd that it can be negated by a murder inconveniently taking place in a room with no cameras, but otherwise, not so bad.

Spoiler:
Gains EX for every day the user's accused of a murder they didn't do and earns twice as much for getting wrongly lynched. Loses everything if they're murdered.

While this isn't the only EX-centric role in the game, at least this one has some entertaining use. It really forces the user to think outside of the box on how to get the spotlight on them without making it apparent they're the equivalent of a Mafia fool role, and while doing this does them no good for in-game purposes, it at least makes for some pretty memorable moments. That being said, good job on getting murdered anyway, Cinna.

Spoiler:
Causes an interference that screws with the results of the Ultimate Despair and Ultimate Detective. Also learns the role of anyone he kills, and for two nights can make his identity unknown.

The only really beneficial thing about this role is the free disguise for two nights, which even then is just a downgrade from the Ultimate Cosplayer, and everything else is just iffy. The interference doesn’t help anyone, neither its targets nor the players who would benefit from their info, and what’s the point of keeping the role of the victim only to yourself when it’s probably not important for saving your ass?

C Tier

Spoiler:
"+Once per game, you may use a SPECIAL POWER that allows you to guarantee your kill that night."

This is one that certainly hasn't aged well. Ignoring the fact that it's a one-trick pony after which you're left with nothing, if you know what you're doing, it's a cinch trying to make your attempt a guaranteed success. While this might have been useful in KG's infancy, it's certainly outdated now without any extra features.

Spoiler:
"+You will know every time someone attempts a murder on you and fails. You will not know who it is though." Eh, the application of this one isn't quite there. In this modern age of KG, it's common to have the signs that someone attempted on you very obvious, so this is just obsolete in comparison. But a role where you would know when someone attempts on you and succeeds? Now that would have been an eye-opener.

Spoiler:
“+You start out the game with a kitchen knife. You can kill someone with this without needing to go find a weapon, or plant it on anyone of your choice.“

As basic as can be. Starting the game with a guaranteed weapon is sort of neat, but there’s been so many roles after this that make transportation or weapon creation incredibly easy that this also feels outdated. Get out of my kitchen.
D Tier

Spoiler:
"+Gain 200 EX whenever an innocent player is executed. That number doubles if you were the murderer."

Ultimately pretty harmless. At least the Ultimate Assassin has an in-game benefit, but bonus EX, especially in this day and age where the forums are nowhere as active, is pretty insignificant. Not to mention how by the time Drei bit it, the only class trial before the fact resulted in a correct verdict. Sucks for them, I suppose.

Spoiler:
“+Every night, you make a pilgrimage to the KITCHEN. This is automatic and does not affect any action you take, but other players will see you go there if they watch the area. You can grab a knife or something while you're there though, and you'll witness other people doing anything on the way to the KITCHEN.”

My god. Even by KG2 standards, this is pointless. Basically, if your role lets you do anything literally any other player can do, you probably got the short end of the stick.

I can’t seem to find roles for Turb, Agastya, Kazuichi Souda, Yrrzy, or Draku, so if anyone could fill me in on those, I will give you an Epic Store gift card or something, I don’t know, but I would very much appreciate it. Otherwise, there you have it, and I’ll see you next time for 2.5.
Draku
my role in kg2 was
ULTIMATE CALIGRAPHER
+If a note is left on a body, you will be able to tell if it was written by the victim or not. You will not be able to determine exactly whose writing it is, but you can compare with previous nights.
+You will be able to perfectly forge a note to plant on your victim, should you choose to.

and then on night 3's kickoff it was revealed to truly be
ULTIMATE INFILTRATOR, an agent who infiltrated the game to eliminate the Ultimate Detctive, the Ultimate Despair, and the Ultimate Secret Agent.
-Every other night while you are alive, Interference will occur, adding false results to the investigations of the Ultimate Detective and Ultimate Despair. Information will be left out of the Ultimate Secret Agent's Room Bug ability.
-Whiteout: If you murder, the victim's role will be known to you and only you. Every trace of their role in the case file will be erased.
-Stealth: Twice per game you will be able to activate Stealth if you request it. No one will know your identity that night.
-Anyone who can learn roles will see you as the Caligrapher still. This does not apply if you die.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Turb
Quote:Hello and welcome to the 2nd Minus World Killing Game!

Now, in preparation for Monday's super despair-inducing first day, I'm taking the liberty of handing out all the roles right now, so you chumps have the option to ask questions and all that lame stuff.

Your role is ultimate snacker, with the following traits and abilities!

+Every night, you make a pilgrimage to the KITCHEN. This is automatic and does not affect any action you take, but other players will see you go there if they watch the area. You can grab a knife or something while you're there though, and you'll witness other people doing anything on the way to the KITCHEN.

Remember, the most important rule is to have fun! By which I mean violently dismantling your friends!
MoonAge
Updated with those two. I offer all of my condolences, Turb.
Draku
"The only really beneficial thing about this role is the free disguise for two nights, which even then is just a downgrade from the Ultimate Cosplayer, and everything else is just iffy. The interference doesn’t help anyone, neither its targets nor the players who would benefit from their info, and what’s the point of keeping the role of the victim only to yourself when it’s probably not important for saving your ass?"
The stealth was not a direct downgrade from cosplayer, it can't let you pass yourself off as someone else but it did make me completely immune to all targeted kills (FWD confirmed this and I utilized it defensively with that in mind). The interference was actually really helpful in some ways since it made the information gathering abilities that would have been extremely useful for solving mysteries unreliable which would have made murders a lot easier to pull off if I had actually gone for any more than once. The Wipeout part was an active detriment though and I don't know why it existed. Considering KG2 was a game where roles were out in the open sans a few secret ones there was no way I could get a kill off without arousing suspicion thanks to that feature alone, and my plan to pin a kill on AIdan since he was the only Role Unknown (well, i knew he was despair but Yrr didn't) would have failed had I actually successfully stabbed Yuno.
sealelement
can you reformat this tier list so its a little more readable? maybe put the information about each role behind a spoiler or something. thanks. also ultimate life form was an SSS tier role
100% pure gamer 100%
Yrrzy
Quote:Hello and welcome to the 2nd Minus World Killing Game!

Now, in preparation for Monday's super despair-inducing first day, I'm taking the liberty of handing out all the roles right now, so you chumps have the option to ask questions and all that lame stuff.

Your role is ULTIMATE SECRET AGENT, a SECRET ROLE with the following abilities and traits!

+On the first night, you may pick a player and bug their room. This bug lasts until they die, at which point you may choose another target. As soon as they attempt a kill, or do anything, you will know that same night. This can be used to intercept a kill, frame them, or witness the crime if you so desire.

+If you witness a crime, you are undetected by any other witnesses and the killer. This does not apply if you kill.

-If anyone publicly announces your role and outs you as the Ultimate Secret Agent, you lose your ability and become a normal player with no powers.

Remember, the most important rule is to have fun! By which I mean violently dismantling your friends!
MoonAge
KILLING GAME 2.5

SS Tier

Ultimate Phantom Thief (Bee):

S Tier

Ultimate Trap Setter (Prune Fairy):

Ultimate Photographer (Drei):

Ultimate Lynch-Pin (Pea):

Ultimate Copycat (FWD):

A Tier

Ultimate Ex-President Barack Obama (Barack Obama:

Ultimate Snake (Respected Woman:

Ultimate Ex-Agent (Yrrzy):

Ultimate Disabler (Turb):

Ultimate BEEEEEEES (Mario):

Ultimate Knight (Superchao):

B Tier

Ultimate Shadewalker (T-Man):

Ultimate Timer (Dude):

Ultimate Pisser (Aidan):

Ultimate Shield Generator (Spritanium):

Ultimate Martial Artist (Twofinger):

C Tier

Ultimate Vote-Fixer (Gato):

D Tier

Ultimate Gambler (Zelma):

Ultimate Brewer (Elyk):

Bottom line is, this is a major step up from KG2's roles. Out with the realistic roles and XP-based abilities, in with the proper balancing and the batshit insane. Don't touch that dial, because next up is Killing Game 3, the one where I start out my KG career with a bang (not really).
Aidan
alright gamers hold onto your hats because it's time for the killing game dateability tier list
i'm doing 4.5 for this one just because
F tier:
D tier:
C tier:
B tier:
A tier:
S tier:
MoonAge
Killing Game 3

S Tier

Ultimate Killer Queen (Aidan):

Ultimate Card Master (Twofinger):

Ultimate Time Travel (Mario):

Ultimate Yandere (Superchao):

Ultimate Bluff (Honoka Kousaka):

Ultimate Throwback (Turb):

A Tier

Ultimate Matrix (Zelma):

Ultimate Truther (Bee):

Ultimate Revolver Ocelot (Revolver Ocelot):

Ultimate Barricade (Shinichi Kudo):

Ultimate Alchemy (Dude):

Ultimate Beef (Mariofan169):

Spoiler:

B Tier

Ultimate Glue (Brainwyrms):

Ultimate Cannibal (Cinna):

Ultimate Tycoon (Shadow the Hedgehog):

Ultimate Mecha (Elyk):

C Tier

Ultimate Twins (Yrrzy):

Ultimate Ghost (Actual draku role:

D Tier

Ultimate Confusion (RTSMarty):

Ultimate Cuckold (Chiaki Nanami):

Ultimate Cum (T-Man):
Fun With Despair
Dude actually had a role that gave him a different power every night, but I can't remember what they were

One gave him an unstoppable headbutt but covered him in butter, and one made him solid metal but he passively played heavy metal music, and that's all I know.
MoonAge
Killing Game 3.5

Yrrzy opted for an experimental role system this time, themed around the hospital setting. Each player had an ailment, usually hindering in some way, that could be treated with medicine or some method, with some good or bad side effect. Did this experiment pay off? ...Well, let's just get this over with.

S Tier

Competitive Nature (Blasterwyrms):

Clean Freak (Drei):

You are a Dog & Dog Owner (Lassie & Shadow the Hedgehog):

A Tier

Clean Bill of Health (Draku):

Clumsiness (Twofinger):

Concrete Cranium (Superchao):

Preparedness (BrainMaster):

Extreme Sickness (FWD):

B Tier

Survivor (Agastya):

Identity Crisis (Dude):

C Tier

Naturist (the boston dong):

D Tier

Heavy Drinker (Aidan):

Hunting Fever (Elyk):

Urinational Pleasure (Seal):

Alright, so I guess there were more good roles than I thought, but regardless, I've noticed that this game goes back to KG2 in terms of how grounded the roles were, which isn't always a good thing. Overall, these roles are probably the low point in the KG franchise, but whatever, it was just a fun, little experiment. Tune in tomorrow for KG4, where the dupes rise up and take over Killing Game forever.

EDIT: so it looks like medicine in this game did much more than simply heal people, and they were unknown to everyone except Extreme Sickness. so yeah, it's an easy S Tier
MoonAge
i had to dig through dozens of kokichi sprites that took up half the screen for this, never let it be said that I didn’t suffer for this job

KILLING GAME 4

S Tier

Werewolf (Archer):

Serial Killer (Ziggzagg):

A Tier

Security Guard (Black):

Mimic:

Eldritch Terror (Gato):

Groundskeeper (Maurice LeBlanc):

Librarian (Kokichi Ouma):

B Tier

Frankenstein’s Monster (Elyk):

John Freeman (John Freeman):

Ghost (Draku):

C Tier

Butler (Apollo Justice):

Boogeyman (Ron Jeremy):

Vampire (Twofinger):

D Tier

Maid (Yuno):

Trick or Treater (Negative Man):
Draku
Ghost was fucking god tier tbh and the only reason it isn't remembered as insanely overpowered is because my nigh-perfect murder didn't roll. No one suspected anything when I set up a bunch of noisemakers that also made the same ghostly screams that went off everywhere, thus making it have no downside.
Mario
I love this thread. Every power I've gotten has been OP bullshit and I fuck it up every single time
Elyk

>It’s a really creative concept, but there’s not many roles that can be useful with only one limb? Only exceptions I can think of are the Pirate and the Mimic.

If I had stolen the Serial Killer's arm I would have been able to get the guaranteed kill with it.
Mario
even dr mario i fucked up somehow (despite winning) cuz i took the ONE fuckin power that negated my other power. god thats so funny
MoonAge
Killing Game 4.5

S Tier

Ultimate Imposter (Twofinger):

Ultimate Chuuni (Dark Elyk):

Ultimate Velvet (Magilou:

Ultimate Iron Flesh (Drei):

Ultimate Fauxtographer (Bubsy 3D):

A Tier

Ultimate Carrot-on-a-Stick (CIA):

Ultimate Gorgon (Billy Aniki):

Ultimate Darth Maul (Rinko
Shirokane:

Ultimate Blind Justice (Terezi Pyrope):

B Tier

Ultimate Flip (Bane):

Ultimate Snacker Returns (Chiaki Nanami):

Super High School Level Weaboo (JonTron):

Ultimate Boogey-Friend-or-Foe (Tony the Tiger):

Ultimate Legend of the Phantom Thief (Wendy Oldbag):

C Tier

Ultimate Grudge (Nero):

D Tier

Ultimate Racial Instigator (Seto Kaiba):
This is a good thread :100:
Agastya
my favorite part about yrrkg was my kill success rate shot up to 100% because i actually died and came back so i just came back as fucking goku
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦