Seems to be a lot of people pissed off about the current state of Pokemon. Mostly 20 somethings who are way past the target audience but it's a lot of people nonetheless. Common complaints I'm seeing are about graphics, the pokedex shit and other misc. things I haven't really looked into besides watching one kid on YT being mad.

It seems like a good thing that fans are voicing their complaints but i dont think GameFreak will give a fuck which is pretty sad.

But you know what the real tradgedy here is my dudes???

You motherfucking Pokemon fans are starting to branch out and be terrible other places. Normally I wouldn't care but it's finally happened. They've finally actually played a Digimon game and they're freaking the fuck out. What's worse it has everything these nerds are bitching about. "Oh my god my digimon are ACTUALLY FOLLOWING ME HOLY SHIT", "wow this actually gets pretty tough at points!!", "I WANNA FUCK NOKIA". I hate it dudes. Stay the fuck out of my niche franchise all of you man. Goddamnit
Aidan
nokia is the worst girl in that game fuck
pokemon was a mistake
Aidan
[Image: Zbaxx1q.jpg]
GET IN LOSER WE'RE GOING TO A DIGIMON THREAD
sealelement
digimon finally coming to switch is pretty lit though and im aware that makes me somewhat the kind of loser that zelmda just listed above but i should clarify that i stopped having expectations of pokemon a long time ago and i had a transforming agumon to war grey mon toy way before i had any pokemon toys
100% pure gamer 100%
Agastya
i'm mad that they're wiping the pokedex but still bringing fucking tyranitar and ferrothorn back. fucking cowards. snap those bastards too. we can live without sand for a generation
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
Spritanium
I wanna buy the very worst, like no one ever would
I will buy the same game twice, even if it isn't good
I'll wait in line outside GameStop with a Pokéball-gag on
I would pay for an STD if the box said "Pokémon"

(PokéFans, gotta buy it all)
I feel no shame
When it comes to my favorite game (PokéFans)
So what if it sucks?
It's only sixty bucks!
(PokéFans, gotta buy it all)
It hurts so good,
Just like a relationship should
GameFreak owns my adulthood
PoookéFaaans
Gotta buy it all, gotta buy it all, PokéFans
Spritanium
Due to the staggering amount of good shits on my previous post I decided to write a second verse

Every product along the way, with impulse I will buy
I will shell out every cent, even though I don't know why
Come with me, the time is right, to the food bank we will go
The only other bank I use is for 3D models, so...

(PokeFans, gotta buy it all)
My life's a sham
Don't even know who I am (PokeFans)
Oh, nostalgia rocks
'Til it's shrinkwrapped in a box
(PokeFans, gotta buy it all)
My rent is due
Unemployment check, I choose you!
Buy a plushy Pikachu!
PoookéFaaans!
Gotta buy it all, gotta buy it all, PokéFans
[Image: supercorrect.png]
GeneralGuy
Pokemon has been shit since Black and White were annnounced.
Draku
(Jul 17, 2019 at 11:31 PM)GeneralGuy Wrote: Pokemon has been shit since Black and White were annnounced.
ah yes, i forgot that announcing the best games in the series was what killed pokemon
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
GeneralGuy
(Jul 18, 2019 at 12:00 AM)Draku Wrote: ah yes, i forgot that announcing the best games in the series was what killed pokemon
eww no. BW1 were okay, and Bw2 were even a bit better. But they are not the best games in the series, let alone the main series.
Draku
BW1 offer the freshest experience in the series since the first generation and you can tell a bunch of effort was put into them. Pokemon are great and all new, story is actually decent and pulls twists that the series never bothers to do again, graphics/presentation are fantastic and the in-battle sprites especially are wonderful, etc. I'm not as huge on BW2 but they're pretty great games as well and get a lot of bonus points for being much, MUCH bigger than just some third version. After they were somehow received lukewarmly is when Game Freak stopped caring and that's how X/Y happened.
I'm not alone in thinking X/Y killed the franchise right? I legit haven't touched a new pokemon game since I've played it.
Draku
(Jul 18, 2019 at 4:23 AM)Zelma Wrote: I'm not alone in thinking X/Y killed the franchise right? I legit haven't touched a new pokemon game since I've played it.
Sun and Moon were pretty ok just for their new ideas and I admittedly liked the more JRPG angle than most people seemed to but holy shit X/Y as well as OR/AS were atrociously bad and did a heavy blow. And now we're stuck with the really lifeless 3D Pokemon stuff that we're apparently just going to get for forever past this point because GF can't be assed to update anything at all.
Mario
oh you're my best friend, in a world that will soon end
GeneralGuy
(Jul 18, 2019 at 3:41 AM)Draku Wrote: BW1 offer the freshest experience in the series since the first generation and you can tell a bunch of effort was put into them. Pokemon are great and all new, story is actually decent and pulls twists that the series never bothers to do again, graphics/presentation are fantastic and the in-battle sprites especially are wonderful, etc. I'm not as huge on BW2 but they're pretty great games as well and get a lot of bonus points for being much, MUCH bigger than just some third version. After they were somehow received lukewarmly is when Game Freak stopped caring and that's how X/Y happened.
Yeah, there was a lot of effort put into BW1 and BW2 and it clearly shows. The story was pretty good too. The sprite work is beautiful, but the pixelation that occurs when the camera zooms in is very unflattering to say the least. There's a few things I'm not fond of, like Team Preview, no Game Corner and the linear region design. You're right. BW[2] didn't sell that well, so GameFreak really didn't focus too much of level design and character design in XY.

(Jul 18, 2019 at 4:23 AM)Zelma Wrote: I'm not alone in thinking X/Y killed the franchise right? I legit haven't touched a new pokemon game since I've played it.
No, you're not alone. The transition to 3D shouldn't have happened, or at least it should have happened more gracefully. Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon were my last games. Didn't touch LGPE and don't plan on touching SWSH.

(Jul 18, 2019 at 5:49 AM)Draku Wrote: Sun and Moon were pretty ok just for their new ideas and I admittedly liked the more JRPG angle than most people seemed to but holy shit X/Y as well as OR/AS were atrociously bad and did a heavy blow. And now we're stuck with the really lifeless 3D Pokemon stuff that we're apparently just going to get for forever past this point because GF can't be assed to update anything at all.
Yeah, the trials and the segmented islands were a much needed change for the mainline series. It really helped breath new life into Pokemon instead of being another big region with gym leader battles rehash. And yeah, XY and ORAS were the Dark Ages of Pokemon. It feels like we're still in it though for the foreseeable future.
Jetamo
The transition to 3D was inevitable - a "proper" 3D Pokemon game was wanted for years pre-X/Y by people
[Image: ybpjq8e.png]
Draku
(Jul 19, 2019 at 2:13 AM)Jetamo Wrote: The transition to 3D was inevitable - a "proper" 3D Pokemon game was wanted for years pre-X/Y by people
Oh yeah, it was going to happen.

The issue is that Game Freak should not be the ones doing the 3D heavylifting, they hate it and are entirely incompetent in handling it. If they truly must, let them handle working on the game's core design and Pokemon related stuff while outsourcing all of the 3D stuff to another company that is capable and actually cares, like HAL for Stadiums 1/2 and Genius Sonority for Colosseum/XD/PBR.
Jetamo
(Jul 19, 2019 at 3:08 AM)Draku Wrote:
(Jul 19, 2019 at 2:13 AM)Jetamo Wrote: The transition to 3D was inevitable - a "proper" 3D Pokemon game was wanted for years pre-X/Y by people

The issue is that Game Freak should not be the ones doing the 3D heavylifting, they hate it and are entirely incompetent in handling it. If they truly must, let them handle working on the game's core design and Pokemon related stuff while outsourcing all of the 3D stuff to another company that is capable and actually cares, like HAL for Stadiums 1/2 and Genius Sonority for Colosseum/XD/PBR.

The thing is, isn't that what supposedly did happen? Isn't Creatures Inc the one who did most of the heavy work with the 3Difiying of Pokemon?
[Image: ybpjq8e.png]
Draku
(Jul 19, 2019 at 3:09 AM)Jetamo Wrote:
(Jul 19, 2019 at 3:08 AM)Draku Wrote:

The thing is, isn't that what supposedly did happen? Isn't Creatures Inc the one who did most of the heavy work with the 3Difiying of Pokemon?
Creatures Inc made the current high quality models and sent them to Game Freak. Game Freak are the ones responsible for the animation etc and are also the ones currently failing so hard at making use of them that they can't even get them working properly on the Switch.
Spritanium
FreakyGames is apparently so inept at graphics that they fuck it up even when someone else does the work for them
[Image: supercorrect.png]