MW/MFGG-esque Forums That Are Alive in 2019

King Piranha Plant
The past two weeks I've been obsessed with finding internet forums resembling old MFGG that somehow live and breathe in the year 2019. I haven't found anything like it much at all, and I'm clueless where to even look, but I've started a cute lil' list of some places that are surprisingly alive. Please add to this list and let me know if there are any other forums you hang out on other than MW!
P.S. You guys all likely know more about these places than I do, as I rarely branched away from MFGG, but I'm interested so help enlighten me?

[Image: Taigiry.png]

An obvious one might be the LPer Raocow's community talkhaus, known for being creative with Mario-related fuckery and collaborating.

[Image: MK8_Wario_Icon.png]

Wario Forums which seems like a place that shouldn't exist.
Somehow way more active than MFGG (and if you read some threads they also like to talk shit about us lmao) but it's nice to see a Mario forum that with seemingly laid back rules

[Image: avatar_2208fe308703_128.pnj]

I always really wanna spend time on Earthbound-themed Starmen.net Forums but it kinda seems so quiet you'd possibly have more fun on the earthbound subreddit these days

[Image: forum_new-48.png]

I'd never heard about, but recently discovered the Animal Crossing-themed Bell Tree Forums, a really adorable and almost scarily active place

[Image: 580440734.png]

Don't really need to mention Super Mario Boards (Mario Wiki's active forums), SMBX Forums. or SMW Central the rom-hacking community, as they have pretty obvious specific focuses and don't really seem to stray into the laid back weirdness as much as others, but it's really nice to still see them all kickin.

On a personal note I'm extremely bummed there are no forum communities for Yume Nikki or Yume Nikki fangaming, yet super active discord groups for it like Uboachan. I've considered making my own forum for it in the past, or learning Japanese just so I can freakin hang out with the existential nerds that probably make Yume NIkki communities in Japan, if they do at all lol
Fun With Despair
marioboards stole my forum game
Mario
they're out there. unintuitively, forums are pretty good for SEO- but there's never really been any good way to find them!

Pretty good list. Don't have any forum in particular to contribute. Well I guess ResetEra has the best forum software I've found to date that really feels like what a modern day forum should be. I've heard reports its pretty bad on lower-end devices though so that's something to think about when designing the next big thing.

Jcink.com Forum Hosting is alive and kicking running IPB 1.3 15 years later. Unfortunately there's nothing resembling a directory- but I think the biggest audience is roleplaying forums. I wonder what's unique about the forum format that makes it so ideal for roleplaying.
MoonAge
coming from a marioboards veteran, trust me you don’t want to go there. atm it’s dominated by a bunch of 13 year olds so in other words it’s barely better off than here
GeneralGuy
Well, I've been contacting over 180 MFGGers over the pst 24 hours who used to post on the old IPB forums between 2003-2009. I'm trying to get as many oldbies to come back to the new MFGG forums as possible, but I feel like I'm preaching to the choir here, as most MWers are probably already on the new MFGG forums.
Jetamo
obligatory knockout post, aka facepunch without garry and that's about it
running it's own custom software afaik made by a fairly cool dude
[Image: ybpjq8e.png]
King Piranha Plant
Zelma this is some choice behavior from someone who once invited me to join Goth Girl Gang without ever sending me a real invite
Yoshin

> learning Japanese just so I can freakin hang out with the existential nerds that probably make Yume NIkki communities in Japan, if they do at all lol

you're in luck
theres lots
(Jul 10, 2019 at 5:07 AM)King Piranha Plant Wrote: Zelma this is some choice behavior from someone who once invited me to join Goth Girl Gang without ever sending me a real invite

you never asked for one