Awkward and life changing uber stories thread

sealelement
Hello minus world I'm here to provide a content infusion with an awkward story

A few days ago my lazy fat ass was getting an uber home from work and I can see in his profile that it's a late forties, decently kept white dude. So I'm like okay, dude must work in an office in Bellevue and is just getting extra cash on the side. This will be a normal car riding experience.

So I get in and say hi, and the guy introduces himself. We make small talk, talk about work. and I ask if he drives full time. He says he does it for money, but his true passion is his freedom. I'm immediately concerned that I'm in an uber with some kind of Freeman on the land or some other junk, so I probe what he means.

And just, god damn, minus world. God damn. This guy's like fifty with a chili bowl hair cut and cargo shorts, going off about how he wants freedom like he's a teenager. Hes over here saying how he has NO commitments; no 9 to 5, no kids, no relationships, nothing, complete freedom. Whats more, he only wants to pursue jobs where he can come in whenever he wants and work as little as possible and is learning from some rich investor "friends" he has to achieve this end... somehow? I wasn't entirely clear on it.

I consider myself empathetic, or at least I try to be, and I'm sure this guy has his reasons at the end of the day. But when I heard him go off like that, all I could hear is me in twenty-five years if I dont make some substantial changes to how I live my life. This guy, this weirdo, it's a wonderful life'd my punk ass with only five minutes of babbling about how hes training himself to be a free entrepreneur by hanging with his rich people associates, and all I could see was me, on the same path I am now, stumbling senselessly through life like I did in my early twenties and failing presumably just as bad as him.

Shit got even more awkward when a news story played during the uncomfortable silence about an uber driver who stabbed a rider when they got in the wrong car or some shit during this.

So, has minus world ever had an uber that left then to re evaluate their life choices AND fear for their life in a ten minute time frame? Please respond.
100% pure gamer 100%
King Piranha Plant
Oh man I don't know what it is about Seattle/Bellevue ubers. I hopped into an uber once at 4:00 AM in downtown Seattle and this old married man who didn't speak English well, just because I was a young gay guy with emo hair, he thought I was some gay prostitute or something? Kept asking me "have you ever slept with a man before? are you ready to sleep with a man tonight?" And I was like "ummm, no, sorry dude I gotta go." When we got to my place he pulled up away from my apartment, demanded that we talk more, actually locked the doors and started touching my leg. I eventually was able to get out and leave, but god it made me never want to get into an uber again.

Also in Seattle, I once also had this crazy lady uber driver who was road raging and almost hitting every car she came in contact with. She had her kid in the car. I was holding on for dear life the entire time and so excited to escape once we hit the destination.

Neither of these are super life changing but for me, outside uber, your story @sealelement is super relatable. Meeting those people that make you assess who you are, where you get so horrified of becoming them, it's like a really ugly blessing in disguise lol. The best kind of wake up call.
Mario
i think that’s just what people are like here. It rules
CuteYoshiGirl
A lyft driver told me that I should drive myself to work once

glam
the only time i ever used a lyft the guy just made uncomfortable jokes about his ex-wife the whole time
Yrrzy
most uber drivers i get are smart and dont talk

occasionally theyll ask me where im from/going but mostly its dead silence how i like it
Hearts
I drive uber late at night sometimes and the only life-changing experience I've ever given somebody was when I picked up a couple visiting from Russia and had to swerve to avoid a family of raccoons in the road. They'd never seen a raccoon before and their minds were BLOWN, I mean it was all they talked about the rest of the ride and one of them called their mom to tell her about it
sealelement
(Jul 31, 2019 at 2:43 AM)CuteYoshiGirl Wrote: A lyft driver told me that I should drive myself to work once

OK REAL TALK THAT GUY OWNS
100% pure gamer 100%