Agastya
Everyone's favorite classic online action-RPG that you either have many fun memories of or have never heard of before!

Currently there's four private servers or so, but the only one that really matters is Ephinea, because I play there (and there aren't broken custom items that you """""donate""""" for). We should all like make characters and hit things or something. I can even make characters without having them inherit a ton of old gear so we can all be on level playing fields!

Besides, what other online RPG allows you to play as a robo-knight? That's what I thought.

please join me on my psycho wand hunts i get very lonely
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
Pea
i remember playing psobb back in like 07 those were the times
GRIMglamfire
lets play bubba
i remember this game its fun times

weird how destiny ripped it off wholesale when this is so celebrated and that was derided at launch
but now that destiny has been stripped of all good phantasy star feelings its celebrated fuck
CHESHIRE ☯
I still have my characters on Dreamcast and on Gamecube, so if the pirate servers for either of those are still active we can play there.

I also do have Blue Burst for the PC, but I don't have a character on it so I'd be starting from scratch. Honestly, that's not as appealing since I play PSO2 on my PC all the time and that game literally has everything I wish PSO Ep.I&II had.

BTW if any of you are playing PSO2, I'm on Ship 07.
GRIMglamfire
how do i play PSO II
[Image: tumblr_mcfkee_ABc_D1rtlpz7.jpg]
Agastya
(Sep 15, 2016 at 1:59 AM)GLAMGRIMFIRE Wrote: how do i play PSO II

you punch buttons wildly and the game says you're great while shitting out bloated damage numbers

sometimes there's a rainbow box that makes you feel all giddy and happy that you're getting rares

then you uninstall it after people in your groups keep ERPing in public
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
CHESHIRE ☯
(Sep 15, 2016 at 4:24 AM)Agastya Wrote:
(Sep 15, 2016 at 1:59 AM)GLAMGRIMFIRE Wrote: how do i play PSO II

you punch buttons wildly and the game says you're great while shitting out bloated damage numbers

sometimes there's a rainbow box that makes you feel all giddy and happy that you're getting rares

then you uninstall it after people in your groups keep ERPing in public

More or less, though I give the game more credit than that. Sometimes you die.
A lot.
Like a lot alot.
This game gets hard as all fuck REALLY quick and you really can't solo anything on the more advanced levels. Nothing is really spoonfed toyou and you do have to earn all the really cool stuff, but like PSO classic dedication reaps rewards and there's challenges for everyone no matter how good you think you are at the game.

Plus the content in PSO2 compared to Blue Burst is quite literally 500% more, and the gameplay is far more action oriented.

To seriously answer your question, the game is free so you can download it on PC, PSVita, and PS4 if you have a Japanese account. However, if you don't know moonrunes your best bet is getting on PC and installing the English Patch that gets wiped with every new update.
Agastya
The only reason you can't solo things in PSO2 is because content is either scaled for 12 players or for 3 players with no in between.

Then again, I also regularly fight things in Ultimate and XHAQ all the time on my own, so my perception is probably skewed. You tend to stop dying once you have units that aren't cardboard box flaps.
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
GRIMglamfire
lets play some pso
[Image: tumblr_mcfkee_ABc_D1rtlpz7.jpg]
was very very interested in trying pso2 but then i found out it wasnt coming here so i fell off.

i only ever really hear older gamers talk about this shit though; i remember seeing gameplay vids as a youngin and as a youngin adult rn and it just looks like a basic bare bones mmo which probably at the time was groundbreaking and new. why do you guys like it so much?
Agastya
(Oct 9, 2016 at 9:45 PM)zelma Wrote: was very very interested in trying pso2 but then i found out it wasnt coming here so i fell off.

i only ever really hear older gamers talk about this shit though; i remember seeing gameplay vids as a youngin and as a youngin adult rn and it just looks like a basic bare bones mmo which probably at the time was groundbreaking and new. why do you guys like it so much?

basically, it's a complete game with a dedicated playerbase. you can play it alone or with other players, but the main draw it has to me is that while it's a simple game, your limited movement options make positioning and timing attacks very important - if you just go in swinging a sword wildly then you'll get your ass handed to you.

also because it's a finished game, you can dedicate yourself to hunts and know that the item you hunted for for months won't be suddenly outclassed by a sudden update.
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
CHESHIRE ☯
(Sep 15, 2016 at 9:01 PM)Agastya Wrote: The only reason you can't solo things in PSO2 is because content is either scaled for 12 players or for 3 players with no in between.

Then again, I also regularly fight things in Ultimate and XHAQ all the time on my own, so my perception is probably skewed. You tend to stop dying once you have units that aren't cardboard box flaps.

Aside from promotional event content and SH/ULT content, I have yet to run into anything I can't solo on my own, or won't be able to solo in the future as I get stronger.

As fun as the game is solo though, having other people to play with always makes it more fun.