kaZaam
ya once we start considering captchas its clear that Robophobia is an issue
kaZaam

>Robophobic robots

kaZaam
[Image: WDAqnpb.gif]rly makes u think.....
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
Spritanium
LMAO
Spritanium
(Sep 12, 2016 at 6:46 PM)JoshJDubya Wrote: Are we even sure that this is the Old Guard? Would the old guard have ever allowed such a silly thing as spells on their forums? Maybe they have been replaced with fakers.

We're the New Old Guard
[Image: supercorrect.png]
GRIMglamfire
yeah but if youre the old guard then whos the eddie gordo
[Image: tumblr_mcfkee_ABc_D1rtlpz7.jpg]
God
(Sep 12, 2016 at 6:50 PM)Kazaam Wrote: ya once we start considering captchas its clear that Robophobia is an issue

ya i mean not allowing robots to post here is just so antiquated and steeped in anthropocentric ideology
God
spritey: science science blaarhrhrhrhr muh rational objectivism
spritey: uhhh yeah so i think robots should be banned from a mario message board (totally no ideological bias whatsoever)
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Yrrzy
i wanna invite my bot that just swears constantly
God
BYOB (Bring Your Own Bots)
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
geno7
has anyone ever though about how like if we get to a point that robots are sentient enough to have their own civil rights that a lot of works of science fiction are going to end up being really really offensive in the future. like the robot equivalent of blackface or the native americans from peter pan
[Image: fsMwICg.gif]
Yrrzy
i keep worldbuilding for a thing i'm never gonna make where robot culture evolves to imitate human culture, after humans have gone and they only have religion, legend, and literature to go off, but they're like, utterly fascinated with human art and culture and build their society to replicate it
God
yeah i thought abt this kind of thing. actually, there is a group of people who make a big deal of a closely related thing hypothetical entity called Roko's Basilisk. the page is an excellent read but basically it's a thought experiment about an omnipotent AI that tortures any human being that did not bring about its existence. that would include anthropocentrics, both dead and alive, as the entity could bring dead people back to life and torture them. it would also create simulations of humans' lives so as to find the best way to torure them irl. really interesting stuff
God
tl;dr the risk of unbanning palo is negligible, the risk of banning palo is literally eternal inconceivable agony and damnation
God
(Sep 12, 2016 at 10:50 PM)Yrr Wrote: i keep worldbuilding for a thing i'm never gonna make where robot culture evolves to imitate human culture, after humans have gone and they only have religion, legend, and literature to go off, but they're like, utterly fascinated with human art and culture and build their society to replicate it

ooh sounds good, you should do something with it!
Elyk
I really don't care if there are spambot posts unless they include malicious links or we get an infestation.
Draku
(Sep 12, 2016 at 11:32 PM)Elyk Wrote: I really don't care if there are spambot posts unless they include malicious links or we get an infestation.
my feelings on the subject. the thing is that you kind of have to be preventative because who knows when a spambot is gonna drop a bomb link, and we also don't know how often the bots will be posting. it could create clutter that no one wants to go through
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Spritanium
We could just judge bots as if they're regular users, not much harm in that. If they start flooding the forum with spam they can be banned (just as any human user would be)
Spritanium
I jokingly suggested a captcha which is kind of like a trump wall for spambots
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Yrrzy
and make the adbots pay for it