KINGDOM HEARTS HYPE THREAD **KHIII, KHWorldTour, KHUχ, and KH**

CHESHIRE ☯

So now we've got this too
Elyk
Nice, so we'll have the entire franchise all on one console.
CHESHIRE ☯
(Oct 27, 2016 at 9:42 PM)Elyk Wrote: Nice, so we'll have the entire franchise all on one console.

Yup. It's a total cash-cow, but considering how bad the loading times were on KH2FM+ HD, I'm also willing to accept it as a christmas miracle.

I'm praying that they'll be smart about it and make save files and trophies transferable on PSN. I love the games and all, but playing through them again on the hardest difficulties and unlocking everything is WORK, and I'm trying to play FFXV before KH3 comes out.
rtsmarty
all i want is for there to be a digital copy so i don't have to face the horror of buying a disney game irl as a 27 year old

again
GRIMglamfire
motherfucker i buy Hyperdimension Neptunia in person in public yall weaksauce ass can handle a game with big shoes boy on it
[Image: tumblr_mcfkee_ABc_D1rtlpz7.jpg]
Elyk
just say you're getting it for your child
rtsmarty
(Nov 5, 2016 at 6:46 PM)JoshJDubya Wrote: Bro, I bought Super Princess Fucking Peach from a GameStop.
that's pretty fucking hardcore bro
I brought P4 Dancing All Night from GameStop; went up to the counter, guy tells me a fellow brother brought the big ass $100 collectors edition of the same game. You're in a game store; everyone is a fucking nerd or used to be imo

@"JoshJDubya" It depends on if you mean gameplay wise, story wise or both
CHESHIRE ☯
(Nov 15, 2016 at 8:53 PM)JoshJDubya Wrote: So, question... if you never played anything other than the original versions of Kingdom Hearts I & II... is it a huge pain in the ass to follow along and/or catch up with the storyline?

Yes and No. Your personal investment will make or break the story for you, but the games are individually fun in their own right.

I will say this though: You are doing yourself a disservice if you skip any game. EVERY game is canon, there are NO spin-offs, that's the largest misconception. If you don't want to or can't play Re:Chain of Memories, 358/2Days, Re:Coded, KHχ , KHUχ , Birth by Sleep FM, or Dream Drop Distance, then you'll have holes in the story that will require some serious leaps to understand. Kingdom Hearts is kind of a weird legacy story that requires investment from beginning to end to understand on a lore-basis. If anything, that's the main goal Nomura said he's never against re-releases and remasters. He wants everyone to get the full experience.

Now, if you can't be bothered to get 1.5+2.5 on PS4, I still highly suggest getting 2.8, because that will at the very least fill in the gaps between KH2 and KH3 for you. Nomura's said KH0.2BBS is more or less the beginning of KH3, because the story continues directly after it. You'll also get KHDDD, which should at least fill in the remaining gaps for you to catch up on the most basic level, and KHχ BackCover will allow you to understand the Keyblade War in feature film format, without having to play through the mobile game.
Aidan
(Nov 15, 2016 at 8:53 PM)JoshJDubya Wrote: So, question... if you never played anything other than the original versions of Kingdom Hearts I & II... is it a huge pain in the ass to follow along and/or catch up with the storyline?

well first of all you would've missed significant portions of kh2 by not playing chain of memories so lol
birth by sleep is a good game and probably most relevant to the current story
dream drop distance is not great but it's leads directly into kh3. you might be able to do without it since very little happens in it. idk, it's hard to say since we don't know what happens in 3.
the others aren't major but they do clarify things
play the ones that seem cool and you'll be fine
Fun With Despair

Play CoM and BBS at least. Both of which are piss easy to emulate. DDD is largely inconsequential besides the ending, 358/2 Days blows absolute fucking shit, read a synopsis, but it's also easy to emulate. Re:Coded is good but even more irrelevant than DDD. Seriously, if you're strapped for time, don't bother with these outsides of CoM and BBS.
i dont watch lets plays but there are compliations with all the cutscenes on youtube. so you'd essentially be getting just the story and nothing
Two_Finger
each game is fairly different iirc so I don't think repetitiveness should come into play much between games
Yeah; at the end of the day it is a straight up hack and slash but just going from

KH --> Chain Of Memories ---> KH2
All three of those games are doing the same thing but completely different. I understand what you're saying though, so if I were you I'd just watch the cutscenes for the ones I already played, try out CoM but if you dont like it youtube that too, and play Birth By Sleep, Dream Drop etc.

and even tho its a movie in the upcoming game; try out recoded if you have the means. I heard good things but because it was on the DS and Days kind of sucked nobody game a shit
Aidan
(Nov 17, 2016 at 6:40 AM)zelma Wrote: Yeah; at the end of the day it is a straight up hack and slash but just going from

KH --> Chain Of Memories ---> KH2
All three of those games are doing the same thing but completely different. I understand what you're saying though, so if I were you I'd just watch the cutscenes for the ones I already played, try out CoM but if you dont like it youtube that too, and play Birth By Sleep, Dream Drop etc.

and even tho its a movie in the upcoming game; try out recoded if you have the means. I heard good things but because it was on the DS and Days kind of sucked nobody game a shit

re coded has a bunch of really cool shit. there's random dungeons with secret treasure and a cool level up system based on the sphere grid. it also refined birth by sleep's deck system by making the attacks flow together better. by the end of that game I had stinger > high time > aerial rave > other shit all set up

the two things holding it back a bit are 1) that's it's a ds game so it's ugly and the rooms are fairly small and 2) there's a lot of wacky mini games and some of them are integrated into the boss fights. they kinda cheat you out of three or so bosses
CHESHIRE ☯
Like I said, if you skip any of the games you're doing yourself a huge disservice. They made 1.5 and 2.5 for a reason. The reason people think Kingdom Hearts has the most confusing story in gaming history is because people skip games and miss key information.

But that said, if you're in it for the gameplay, just play 2.8 if you've played 1 and 2, and you'll be okay. Each game has it's own systems and gameplay style, but KH1, KH2, and KH3 will use systems that are essentially the same in terms of combat and such. BbS strays a bit, but it's close enough to get the same vibe, and a number of things in BbS and DDD will carry over into KH3

Also, if you haven't played KH2FM+, go do it. There's 2 additional dungeons, and over 25 more boss fights. Plus, a plethora of cutscenes that fill in some major gaps.
CHESHIRE ☯
The Kingdom Hearts World Tour is coming to New York soon (June 23rd, to be percise)

Is anyone here going? I'll be there, and I'll probably either be dressed as in Sora's Master Form costume or just the average Organization Cloak. I'm EXTREMELY excited to hear a few of the tracks I love, but there's also word from Nomura himself that he's coming with secret announcement news and info. HoorayHoorayHooray

Posting for relevance:

Shroomguy
Yo that is ON MY BIRTHDAY lit
The Beef Baron
CHESHIRE ☯
(May 9, 2017 at 6:45 PM)Shroomguy Wrote: Yo that is ON MY BIRTHDAY lit

BRO IT'S ON BROADWAY, I'LL BE IN NEW YORK ON YOUR BIRTHDAY

I will TOTALLY hit you up.