Stirling
Original air date:
February 22, 1999

Oh no, this is the episode that name drops capitalism and Dogbert is aware of the critiques of it. Honestly, if we had a segment every episode of interactions between Dogbert and the garbage man, I think this show would've never been cancelled. Hey, we see the PHB's assisstant for the first time in the show!

A lot of points about international labour markets are shoved into this episode with minimal disparaging jokes about actual cultures - the major one referencing photography scaring native folk. There is a not-so-subtle referncing of leftist politics with the left-handed people being a minority and the eventual results of their demands being met. It's actually really fucked up with the perspective of Scott Adams now. It's also really fucked up that Henry Kissinger arrives to plant the joke/moral of the robbing of third world countries being the only option for saving them. I can't really say that I was a fan of this episode; I think it would've been better served having the same jokes, but more of the disrespectful content aligned to the PHB even further. Dilbert's saviour complex and Alice's desire to adopt really didn't land for me as being serious parts of their characters reflecting in the writing this time, and that is easily the weakest part of the episode.

Anyone else feel like diplomatic immunity was a joke from this era and only this era?

Favourite joke:
The five wonders of the world.
Get it by your own hands.

MFGG Staff Slaying Expert
Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler: