Poll: What type are you?

Mario Gamer
60.00%
Luigi Player
40.00%
Total: 5 vote(s)

[POLL] --- Mario Gamer or Luigi Player?

ProJared
When I was a kid, I used to pick Mario in games a lot, such as Super Mario Brothers 2 for the Game Boy Advance and spin-offs such as Mario Party. But as I grew up, I found myself seeing Luigi way more, and I could never really figure out WHY I started to feel bad for Luigi.

So then I sat down one day, and picked Luigi instead of Mario, in the game Super Mario Strikers for the Nintendo Gamecube.

After a bit of time passed, I eventually came to the realization of 'hey, this is not as bad as I thought!' as the hours passed and my console broke. Time kept passing, and I found myself getting more hooked up with the option of choosing Luigi over Mario in these sort of games, going as far as to plug in a second controller and letting Mario die in the original Mario Bros, so I could easily play as Luigi and not as Mario.

Now that I'm an adult, I loaded an old savefile from the popular game Super Mario Galaxy 2 in where Luigi was unlocked... but at that point, when I tried to play through it again, not having Mario did not feel as fun. It was at that point where I realized, that choosing Luigi felt nice due to his looks and appearance... while choosing Mario made me feel like a true gamer, like I could complete the game one more time in a single sitting.

It's at that point in where I stop to think about some sort of related situation with my ex-girlfriend.

ProJared 2 - "Oh, you're using Mario?"
ProJared 1 - "Well, yeah, he's the main character."
ProJared 2 - "But Luigi is way cuter... Mario's like, a total loser, isn't he?"

The joke was on her the whole time. While I was on the last world, she was on the first one. That's because she was NOT actually playing... and instead admiring the looks of Luigi. But how? I thought, as I sighed at her lack of professionalism.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is because unlike Mario, Luigi is NOT a gamer... but a player. Using Luigi will make you feel good, but unlike Mario, you may just drop the game and do something else shortly after playing as him. Even in games such as Luigi's Mansion, you're playing those games because Luigi is in them, and he's the main character. Have you found yourself replaying Luigi's Mansion 2 more than two times? More than three?

Unless you're a Speedrunner, yeah, I didn't think so.

Imagine if the game was called Mario's Mansion. It would not have the same impact, right? That's because the whole game, the CONCEPT itself was BUILT around Luigi, a lot of people sat down to give him more charisma and personality, while others focused on giving more gameplay to Mario, as seen in the game Super MARIO Odyssey.

So, while that's settled, I just wanted to know what YOUR thoughts were on this.

Are you a Luigi Player? Are you a Mario Gamer? Vote on the poll down above.

Thank you so much for reading this post, remember to leave a like if you liked the video and comment down below with your own thoughts. (I won't read them. LOL)

If you have the opportunity as well, try playing as Mario and Luigi in one game yourself! You'll be able to spot the difference... pretty much immediately, honestly.

[Image: wD31yn0.png]
[Image: 0sstIc3.png]
Draku
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Aidan
the best mario games don't let you be Luigi so
ProJared
Come on gamers! What's the matter? Too horny to vote for Mario?

[Image: Mario-Gamer.jpg]
[Image: 0sstIc3.png]