Kass
I repeat my previous investigation, with the wobbly bookcase this time.
[Image: tumblr_on2z9cSoVj1t1ig6no1_400.gifv]
Angie Yonaga
(May 27, 2020 at 9:39 PM)Gundham Tanaka Wrote: I place a corpse where the Detective laid by the bookcase on top of the stacks. If I commanded it to get up, would it knock the case over on it?
(May 27, 2020 at 9:39 PM)Kass Wrote: I repeat my previous investigation, with the wobbly bookcase this time.
Both of these experiments cause the bookcase to shake dangerously. However, when loaded up with books, it still does not actually fall over. It seems more force is needed.
Wakka
Can Angie provide any more detail from when she visited the library during her night? Mainly regarding The Detective's position.
Angie Yonaga
(May 27, 2020 at 9:51 PM)Wakka Wrote: Can Angie provide any more detail from when she visited the library during her night? Mainly regarding The Detective's position.
[Image: LliTwFq.png]
Hmmmm... Angie remembers that he was lying prone in front of a bookcase. So basically like he was at the start of the day, except not crushed to death.
Kass
I dump a bunch of books off the wobbly shelf and try again. Does it shake enough to fall now?
Angie Yonaga
(May 27, 2020 at 10:21 PM)Kass Wrote: I dump a bunch of books off the wobbly shelf and try again. Does it shake enough to fall now?
You have to remove around a quarter of the books to cause the shelf to fall over from the previously-attempted methods.
Kass
Question for Angie: did you see any books on the ground around the Detective?
Angie Yonaga
(May 27, 2020 at 10:33 PM)Kass Wrote: Question for Angie: did you see any books on the ground around the Detective?
[Image: ft6Er0n.png]
Angie did not! The Detective was bookless and the bookcase was full!
Draku
I ask my boogeyman what the fuck happened in my room and investigate the inside of it, in case the water trail is relevant and went inside.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Angie Yonaga
(May 27, 2020 at 10:34 PM)Draku Wrote: I ask my boogeyman what the fuck happened in my room and investigate the inside of it, in case the water trail is relevant and went inside.
You investigate your room and ask your boogeyman to mime stuff out.

There's nothing of interest, and your boogeyman leaves your room, then comes back later and climbs into bed to mime sleeping.
Pea
the best attempt on me was a fuckin jug to the head, really disappointed in you lot.

actually expected to die and everything. make up ur minds if you want me to die or somethin'

whatever, i'll talk about my plans in the great hall

i went out to go check out the hall, to find out that there's tables already, so i get less hassle to set up, which was cool

i went straight for the kitchen, watching bigfoot leave his room at the same time.

i've been in the kitchen for a good bit, so i saw a couple people. while prepping up, gundam came in and picked up some things that i cannot recall (unless @Angie Yonaga can give me a memcheck on what i saw him obtain) and darted for the freezer. wakka followed him inside i think. idk. by the time i was finished, gundam left the freezer and we both got out of the kitchen with me pushing a catering cart. gundam had jontron's head for some reason, but it's probably not related to the murder.

and so we both head to the great hall, where darko and bigfoot were waiting impatiently. im glad some people cared enough to show up but it's way too bitter of a moment, man. wakka entered the room from the north pretending like he was ice man or some shit idk.

whatever, i start the party and immediately darko decides to high five me, which makes me not remember anything until bigfoot smashes my head in. fuck you. thanks, but fuck you.
Pea
also i make angie eat the treat that bigfoot planted on me
Kass
I show everything I have, in my room and on me!
Angie Yonaga
(May 27, 2020 at 10:41 PM)Kass Wrote: I show everything I have, in my room and on me!
You allow for a complete patdown.

On your person you have a guitar, a cassette player with a speaker function, a cassette, and a pair of boxing gloves.

In your room you have a guitar case.
Kass
I set the wobbly bookcase up again, then drag the anvil to the top of the stairs. I then shove the anvil back down the stairs. Does the resulting commotion/vibration affect the bookcase at all?
Angie Yonaga
(May 27, 2020 at 10:49 PM)Kass Wrote: I set the wobbly bookcase up again, then drag the anvil to the top of the stairs. I then shove the anvil back down the stairs. Does the resulting commotion/vibration affect the bookcase at all?
When you push the anvil down, it crashes heavily. At the moment of impact, you see the wobbly bookcase shake a bit. It appears it's possible for indirect vibrations and impacts to affect the bookcase.
Gundham Tanaka
The corpse and I work together to gently set a bookshelf down next to the one that killed the Detective, so that both shelves are laying down right next to each other.

I then place the former shelf exactly where it was, except with new stacks of books identical in height to the old ones under it, and push it down so that it's laying next to the killing shelf again. Which experiment has this shelf line up more with the case that killed the Detective?
Angie Yonaga
(May 27, 2020 at 10:52 PM)Gundham Tanaka Wrote: The corpse and I work together to gently set a bookshelf down next to the one that killed the Detective, so that both shelves are laying down right next to each other.

I then place the former shelf exactly where it was, except with new stacks of books identical in height to the old ones under it, and push it down so that it's laying next to the killing shelf again. Which experiment has this shelf line up more with the case that killed the Detective?
You compare pushing over a bookshelf that's flat on the ground and pushing over a bookshelf propped up by books.

You can tell that when propped up by books, it lines up more with the fallen bookshelf, accounting for the presence of the Detective's body.

(May 27, 2020 at 10:40 PM)Pea Wrote: also i make angie eat the treat that bigfoot planted on me
Angie eats all the berries with a very concerned look.

She collapses. A divine light shines upon her, a voice saying that His high priest cannot die during the day. Angie looks woozy.
Gundham Tanaka
I try lifting a bookshelf on top of the stacks by myself and see if it's too much effort for me.
Angie Yonaga
(May 27, 2020 at 10:58 PM)Gundham Tanaka Wrote: I try lifting a bookshelf on top of the stacks by myself and see if it's too much effort for me.
You find that you can push an empty bookcase up and on top of the stacks with no real difficulty.

Additionally, it's possible to push a full bookcase from behind and gradually insert books underneath it.