Elyk
Time to name this character. Here is what we know about her so far:

Birdmaster/Owns a bird
Pirate
Sword

Born as a bird, this character has a strange past. She was originally the companion of a famous falconer. He was hired to perform a show on a South African cruise line. The falconer and his bird performed many successful shows together until one voyage when they were raided by a crew of pirates. Among the pirates was a woman who knew some sort of witchcraft. With her help the ship was quickly overrun and majority of the passengers were killed off. The falconer and his companion hid waiting for the perfect opportunity to strike. They failed. The falconer had his arm cleanly sliced off. And then his head. The bird lunged at the witch, striking her eyes. The witch countered with a powerful curse. "As long as you or I live you will remain as a human!" the witch shouted as she retreated along with the pirates.

Over the next several years she trained as a sailor, plotting her revenge on the witch. Before long she was competent enough to captain a ship of her own. She sails the high seas plundering food in search of the witch. She would have an easier time just buying food from towns, but her bird brain does not understand currency or bartering. Sometimes her social ineptitude lands her in trouble, however her instincts and wits are sharp she often finds a way out. She is cold and stoic when around people she does not know well. When around those she is comfortable with, her snarky and chipper personality is what shines through.

She is an expert with the cutlass. Her speed is almost unmatched, but she has not gotten out of every fight uninjured. She wears a patch over her left eye and there are a few scars on her arms. Her sight in her good eye retains that of normal falcon. Generally she only attacks other pirates and robs them of their food and treasure. If low on resources, she will attack innocent ships for food. She is fond of shiny things.

Her crew is a small group of trustworthy sailors. She keeps her secret about being a bird well guarded, none of them know. However, they do know that she is on the hunt of the witch. She is constantly on the hunt for more info at every tavern and port they visit. Often she rescues and domesticates birds that she comes across on her journey. The amount of humans on her ship might just be less than the number of birds. She can usually be spotted with one or two perched on her shoulders.

[Image: qK8bFBM.png]
Lulu Azhal
Polly
Two_Finger
Sylvia
Elyk
I think for this character it would make sense to have just a first name, since she technically doesn't have a family.
Pea
hank
Yrrzy
Perry

(short for Peregrine)
Elyk
(Jun 2, 2020 at 10:43 AM)Yrrzy Wrote: Perry

(short for Peregrine)

That's clever, but what if we spell it Peri? Perry is generally a guy name.
Yrrzy
I actually wrote Peri first and then switched it to Perry because it was a name, lol
Elyk
https://www.babynames.com/name/peri
Yrrzy
understandable
Fun With Despair
perry just makes me think of the platypus

peri is great though
Lulu Azhal
Yeah I like Peri.
My first thought was Polly because of some parrot but Peri is probably a better name