Character 5: Character Appearance

Elyk
What does this character look like?

Warlock
Chad
Sentai Suit

Born to a well-off family, this character had it all. A strong charismatic personality, healthy relationships, an award winning smile, and a chiseled athletic body. In high school he was the star of the football team. Everybody loved him. Girls fawned over him. He was accepted to a prestigious college on a football scholarship. Even there he rose in popularity further as the team's star linebacker. But he wanted more. He wanted magic.

He was always curious about the dark arts. He knew that his father had dabbled in them in the past, but his old man was tight lipped and impossible to get any secrets out of. Desperate for knowledge, he found himself deep in his university's library. There was a strange door that he had never noticed before. He opened it and descended the stairs to find a room with a dusty old shelf filled with books. He quickly learned that the books were grimoires detailing different "schools" of magic. In the book of transmutation spells he found something surprising, the last person to check it out had been his father.

He took the book and began studying, unlocking the powers within himself. He gained access to arcane spells that let him strengthen and morph his own body. With the help of the spells he became even better at football, until something weird happened. While modifying his legs to increase his running speed something went wrong and from then on he was never quite able to play the same again. Something was off with himself that he just couldn't fix.

With his dreams of professional football crushed, he turned his sights elsewhere. He easily found work at a talent agency as an actor. After performing in a few small roles he had his next big break and nabbed a character perfect for himself. He became the star of a children's super hero show called C.H.A.D. He was the leader of a team of sentai suit heroes that fought against the evil Warlock, a villain that forced children to eat green capsicum. His character's powers matched his own, possessing both super strength and super speed. Foolishly he continued to use his magic abilities during the show itself, performing all of his own stunts. The errors with his body piled up, and he found himself leaving his suit on all of the time to hide the discoloration beginning to take place across his skin.

Now that he always wore the suit, he began to act the part of the character outside of the show as well. His sunny personality was a hit with children. Often he would find himself recognized by a child while he was just out and about. He always responded with a big smile, a press of the button on his Henshin Belt, and a pose. Some days he spends more time in the transformed neon suit than not. He happens to be a hit with the mothers, too! If you get to know him though you would learn that he is actually quite vain.
Elyk
Taking bits from the other thread...

- typical jock: chiseled physique, a winning smile
- he ultimate cool guy, a blond-haired sex machine complete with chiseled chin and rippling muscles
Lulu Azhal
obviously looks like chad
GBA
Since this guy's trait seems to be running super fast, he should probably have cliche lightning bolts integrated into his design, whether that be via having lightning bolts on his sentai helmet earpieces or otherwise (can warlocks use lightning magic?) Probs needs a henshin belt consistent across both designs since according to the lore, that's how he transforms.

I can't comment on the specifics of the suit design since they can be very varied and I'm sure kright will design something spectacular, but the suit colours could be neon green/pink/yellow to reflect the colours of his Chad namesake the tight suit also extenuates his chad bulge. My personal preference is something like Power Rangers helmets which are more robotic instead of Kamen Rider helmets which have like, eyes. Viewtiful Joe has a good mix of those, regardless

personal favourites:
also from a quick search these are cool

Quote:The errors with his body piled up, and he found himself leaving his suit on all of the time to hide the discoloration beginning to take place across his skin.
Regarding this, in addition to discolouration, you could make it that his arms and legs are covered in sigils burned into his skin with dark magic, almost like tattoos but not, or perhaps base them off real lightning bolt scars which look like fractals?
Fun With Despair
He needs to have the chad haircut and the word Ouch!! somewhere on his attire
Elyk
If he has the chad haircut I think it definitely needs to be toned down.

Also with regard to his sentai suit I think it would make sense if he didn't have a helmet that covered his face. He's pretty vain so I feel like he wouldn't want to hide him identity.
Kright
I tried to do like a chad design then a sentai suit version with it - and yeah instead of a helmet i went for the big sunglasses look
I'm not sure if either one is quite perfect so i'll probably do another version a bit later with any feedback you guys have!

[Image: 3756817b0ad4ad4220b13cdbf2875ddc14f15943.png]
[Image: 5678c14eb1c1f59fb67585fb47e0c2e6d3632c2b.png]
Mario
reminds me of the go-busters suits rather than traditional Sentai suits (which is totally fine),

The no helmet is weird for sentai but I think adding some backstory about the helmet not being there would be valid
Yrrzy
2/4, but w/ 1's clothes when out of costume
Fun With Despair
(Jun 2, 2020 at 7:13 PM)Mario Wrote: reminds me of the go-busters suits rather than traditional Sentai suits (which is totally fine),

The no helmet is weird for sentai but I think adding some backstory about the helmet not being there would be valid
IIRC he doesn't wear the helmet because he is extremely vain and loves his physical appearance
Aidan
4 is a beaut
good all around though
Lulu Azhal
I want to see 2's appearance but with 1's outfit
Mario
(Jun 2, 2020 at 7:34 PM)Fun With Despair Wrote:
(Jun 2, 2020 at 7:13 PM)Mario Wrote: reminds me of the go-busters suits rather than traditional Sentai suits (which is totally fine),

IIRC he doesn't wear the helmet because he is extremely vain and loves his physical appearance

it's basically super weird for sentai team members to wear the suit without the helmet since it's generally considered a transformation and not a suit. I'd say vanity is Not Enough but maybe the helmet doesn't fit since the actors for these shows aren't generally the people in the suits (called suit actors, and probably part of the reason you almost never see partial suits)
Elyk
(Jun 3, 2020 at 2:24 AM)Mario Wrote:
(Jun 2, 2020 at 7:34 PM)Fun With Despair Wrote:

it's basically super weird for sentai team members to wear the suit without the helmet since it's generally considered a transformation and not a suit. I'd say vanity is Not Enough but maybe the helmet doesn't fit since the actors for these shows aren't generally the people in the suits (called suit actors, and probably part of the reason you almost never see partial suits)

Good point, I don't really know much about sentai suits so I didn't know that. Sentai Suit was just the prompt but it doesn't need to be exactly what we do, it could just be a hero show.

Maybe the other members of the squad have different facial coverings? Helmet, mask, etc and then this guy just gets the glasses? He does his own stunts so he wouldn't have a suit actor.
Kright
02B: Head 2 on 01 Body as requested!

04A: I liked the glasses and headband from 03, so I wanted to try it out
04B: Slightly more helmet for a slightly more Sentai Vibe hopefully!

[Image: b9ac2304968a191be301600171db038d0b5d7f69.png]
Mario
yeah he's more like viewtiful joe there; which is totally fine. sentai isn't really a genre, super sentai is just a really long running tokusatsu superhero show (which is probably the genre you're going for there. which includes stuff like kamen rider, metal heroes, spider-man, garo). not saying this to be like 'youre doing everything wrong' just bringing it up to hopefully Enhance the creative juices as needed
Mario
AkibaRed is a really good example of the helmet being stylized to look like a hairstyle if that's what we'd want to go with https://powerrangers.fandom.com/wiki/Aki...ba-red.png
Kright
Okay! Full helmet designs for the sake of a few more choices and hopefully a better sentai suit vibe! c:

[Image: 3234c60d00236aaee510097e009b4451157019a6.png]
Yrrzy
yo one final suggestion

what if the full helmet *does* have the chad mohawk fin thing