Character 9: Character Appearance

Elyk
What does this character look like?

Paralyzed
Conman
Artist

This character started out their career as a small time artist. Her dream was to be famous, but whatever she did, her original works never sold well. She painted all sorts of different subjects and styles but nobody was ever that interested in what she could do. Frustration built up and she began to consider other fields of work. It didn't help that her meek and quiet personality meant she was a poor saleswoman.

She did however have talent for creating copies of other artists' works. One day she came across a rather shady art trader who knew of this talent and he offered her a deal. After much consideration, she took him up on the offer and began to create convincing fakes of famous paintings. She passed them along to the art trader who was able to turn them around for a quick profit off of naive art collectors. The money from these forgeries was enough to keep her afloat.

While out on a jog one evening to relieve herself of art block inspiration struck, quite literally. Clouds had begun to gather when she left but she didn't expect the storm to roll in so quickly. A bolt of lightning struck just a few feet away, knocking her to her feet. Had it hit her, she could have become paralyzed. Actually, what if she was to say that it had hit her?

She shared her plan with her manager the following day. From this point onward, her hands were "paralyzed" but she would still overcome her disability and create beautiful original art. He loved the idea and helped her with the initial marketing. She had a pair of gloves made with thick wire down the fingers to help her with the act. She would continue to paint as she normally had, but pretend that all of her works were done by holding the brush in her mouth.

The con was a huge success and she became a sensation almost overnight. She trained herself to be able to paint using her mouth well enough that she could fake the start of a painting. News stations picked up on her story and reported on the artist that just wouldn't give up.

She now is in her early 40s and still keeps up the ruse. She has little contact with the shady art dealer these days but does still get the occasional request for a Mona Lisa or two from him. She has a respectable art manager who is not in on the secret. When painting she makes sure to do it in a secluded area free from watching eyes.
Lulu Azhal
Wears a gray suit and pencil skirt, hair in a bun with some white strands here and there, and the gloves mentioned in the description
Fun With Despair
her tied-up hair is held in place by a paintbrush used like a hairpin
Kright
[Image: d5bbafe9c44debbc33e0e1fbb2d59b8dbc826cdf.png]
[Image: a30daccab6846ab9611e07622867f1a2e2af5e8d.png]
Hearts
I like 1, maybe we could see how she'd look with glasses and/or a mole?
Kright
[Image: 7918ac814682a6807b21cba887be3037abab601b.png]
Yrrzy
i like 2's art teacher vibes
Fun With Despair
I like the yellow coat one because of angie
Pea
1a feels just right to me. must be the glasses