Benjamin "Ben" Ricci
0%
Olivia Arnold
18.18%
Hank "Sir Yurian" Blackborne
0%
Total: 11 vote(s)
Elyk
Who should the protagonist of the game be? There can only be one!

When you vote please take into consideration the backstories of the characters and their personalities. Would it be more fun to learn about a character as a player or to control them? Characters without special talents will be given role abilities in the story to even the playing field.

You can find all of the information about the characters here: https://minus.world/showthread.php?tid=5...4#pid68254
Elyk
I'm interested in hearing what people's perspectives are.

Personally I'm voting for him because he's kind of the least interesting character that we have, so that could be good for a self insert. Downside to him is that his temperament isn't very good for a protagonist character but we can probably tone that down a bit.

Olivia seems like she could be a good choice too, but I feel like she would work best in the deuteragonist role. Out of everyone we have she's the best fit to be the detective and exposition character. I think she would have good chemistry with Alexei in this way. Alexei has been cooped up inside so he doesn't know much about the world meanwhile Olivia has been traveling and looking into paranormal stuff so she could fill him in.
Mario
I feel like Olivia's connection with Trip and the desire to enter a killing game makes her kind of the most interesting for a lead- she has SOME idea of what's going on but is still new to the whole situation.

I think Alexei's blank slate makes him a pretty easy early death. Maybe he could start as the protagonist and still die and that switches up? That could be pretty interesting and make it really feel like nobody's safe.
Draku
(Jun 19, 2020 at 1:58 AM)Elyk Wrote: I'm interested in hearing what people's perspectives are.

Personally I'm voting for him because he's kind of the least interesting character that we have, so that could be good for a self insert. Downside to him is that his temperament isn't very good for a protagonist character but we can probably tone that down a bit.

Olivia seems like she could be a good choice too, but I feel like she would work best in the deuteragonist role. Out of everyone we have she's the best fit to be the detective and exposition character. I think she would have good chemistry with Alexei in this way. Alexei has been cooped up inside so he doesn't know much about the world meanwhile Olivia has been traveling and looking into paranormal stuff so she could fill him in.
the other characters are more interesting and the protag will always get underwritten by comparison to the others plus his design is the least visually striking so as a VN protag you won't see his sprite but will see everyone else's which is an indirect positive.

his schtick also seems amusing for a protag. i liked the protagonist of chaos;head for example, with shutin type characters you get a lot of funny internal commentary that they wouldn't necessarily say outwardly if you weren't viewing the story from their perspective. the useless trivia thing also seems like it could be handy for giving the player case hints in weird ways. like "wait a minute, i know that this might be X because i read about that property of it in the middle of the night once"

i agree on having someone else be the detective/exposition character. you stated about what i was thinking where a shut-in has an excuse to get expositioned to often, which is another perk for a protag character. they have to be the most clueless one in the room.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Yrrzy
The Alexei Protagonist / Olivia Deuteragonist pairing sounds good imo, Olivia's backstory makes her a perfect exposition character and her personality def works as a Kirigiri type helping the MC solve the mystery.
Elyk
Voting is now closed. Alexei wins!

Thank you everybody for your contributions (especially Kright)! We were able to come up with a really cool cast of characters. Look forward to seeing how they all kill each other.