AWFADragNaut
So BOTW is getting a season pass

Thoughts? I'm pretty indifferent about it
Pedigree
don't like that the story content requires additional purchase but I'm otherwise okay with it
T-man
(Feb 13, 2017 at 3:07 AM)Pedigree Wrote:

http://nintendoeverything.com/splatoon-2...mble-more/

more splat2n info

I'm really excited about Splatoon 2, it's the one thing I miss on Wii U

That and Mario Kart 8

And what do you know!
Pedigree

ABOUT FUCKING TIME.

TY FOR JOINING THE REST OF THE FUCKING WORLD YOU IDIOTS I LOVE YOU AGAIN

sorry I came to this news
T-man
Half the benefit of having your PSN purchases tied to your account was not having to double dip for things like PS1 Classics and games that offered crossbuy. This would have been fantastic with the Wii U and 3DS as they share many VC titles but It just doesn't mean as much with a single console ecosystem. At least this means you can hopefully get your digital purchases back without dealing with customer support or system transfers.
Pedigree
I can login to my xbox 360 account on any 360 system and be able to download my shit again

Meanwhile I lost all of my digital purchases on Wii U when the local storage got corrupted and the only option was to pay Nintendo to look at it and say they could do nothing to retrieve it

Even though you can't use it download old games, I still think it's about damn time. Maybe this account-tied purchases features does mean that VC titles can be carried over cross-platform in the future though!

If it makes any difference to you, they are saying that at least some of the Switch VC titles will have online multiplayer. So maybe that makes them worth buying again.

EDIT: Realizing this also means if Nintendo releases an upgraded version of the console in a couple years, we can trade it in without losing digital purchases.
T-man

>online multiplayer for some VC games

source?
Pedigree
(Feb 17, 2017 at 9:06 PM)T-man Wrote: >online multiplayer for some VC games
source?

http://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/

Quote:Monthly game download

Subscribers will get to download and play a Nintendo Entertainment Systemâ„¢ (NES) or Super Nintendo Entertainment Systemâ„¢ (Super NES) game (with newly-added online play) for free for a month.

Hopefully this expands past NES and Super NES. Can you imagine being able to do online multiplayer with Mario Kart 64 or Mario Kart Double Dash (if gamecube vc becomes a thing)?
Pedigree
Using motion controls, some games can simulate the pointer controls surprisingly accurately using the Switch Joycons.

T-man
We're a month in lads, how are you liking your system?

I still love mine but I'm definitely starting to crave Mario Kart. I've been getting a lot more mileage out of Zelda than I thought I would, so that's cool.
Pedigree
It's Good Sh*t. Only regret is not playing spla2n testfire
T-man
How's everyone's system holding up? Anyone succumb to dock scratching or heat warping?

I got a pretty deep scratch from my dock and I'm pretty upset about it. You can only really see it in the right light and it's visible less often then not but I know that it's there.
Pedigree
no physical wear at all yet
Two_Finger
I don't use the dock ever so no problems on that end for me!
Draku
i don't use the dock so no warping issues but i do place it into/remove it from the dock often and no scratches there
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Pedigree
Pretty much in the same boat as Draku. I have played with the dock, just not very often lately.

To be fair, though, most of my 80 hours of Zelda play time were in the dock and on a TV.

Thread Tags

vidya nintendo switch