T-man
(Sep 19, 2016 at 12:52 AM)AWFADragNaut Wrote: but Streetpass, guys!! you know, street pass! You wanna play a level? Get your fuckin ass on that plane, boyo

>be Nintendo

>not realize not everybody lives on an island where people are packed like sardines

>not realize there are some places in the world where Nintendo is totally lame

>not realize smartphones have replaced dedicated handhelds for normies

fuck nintendo
Draku
(Sep 19, 2016 at 12:52 AM)T-man Wrote:
(Sep 19, 2016 at 12:50 AM)JoshJDubya Wrote: the inferior version of Super Mario Maker that apparently is missing online sharing functionality... making it fucking pointless.
I literally do not understand Nintendo at all.
Streetpass is a great idea for the Japanese, you get like 50+ passes for going literally anywhere.

Everywhere else in the world it's a horrible feature.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
T-man
(Sep 19, 2016 at 12:54 AM)JoshJDubya Wrote:
(Sep 19, 2016 at 12:52 AM)AWFADragNaut Wrote: but Streetpass, guys!! you know, street pass! You wanna play a level? Get your fuckin ass on that plane, boyo
Aren't you supposed to turn off all wireless functionality on a plane tho
Planes have Wi-Fi now, the future is pretty cool.
AWFADragNaut
(Sep 19, 2016 at 12:54 AM)JoshJDubya Wrote:
Aren't you supposed to turn off all wireless functionality on a plane tho

Yeah but you'll be fine once you land and grab a taxi to Ross O' Donovan's house
AWFADragNaut
(Sep 19, 2016 at 12:56 AM)JoshJDubya Wrote: Streetpass for me is only good for going to nerd conventions, but then you are more interested in doing literally anything else but playing Nintendo when at a convention and Nintendo put a FUCKING CAP on how many streetpasses you can collect. You can only collect 10 at a fucking time.

It's been very VERY recently changed. Can't remember what to, I think it's 100? Would have been useful at MCM but oh wells
T-man
(Sep 19, 2016 at 12:56 AM)JoshJDubya Wrote: Streetpass for me is only good for going to nerd conventions, but then you are more interested in doing literally anything else but playing Nintendo when at a convention and Nintendo put a FUCKING CAP on how many streetpasses you can collect. You can only collect 10 at a fucking time.
I got StreetPass Bukakeed at PAX and it was awesome.
AWFADragNaut
(Sep 19, 2016 at 1:00 AM)JoshJDubya Wrote: that would have been great if I didn't already complete all the streetpass bullshit a long time ago. Why was there even a cap at all? I've been so salty about it that I refuse to even buy the new streetpass games.

Nintendo - Nin-Ten-Do
noun

An inconvenience caused through which is perceived as a good idea.

1. That is such a Nintendo.
T-man
That seems about right
Draku
i remember when i first bought my 3ds and went to a con right after and got a bunch of streetpasses

and then i proceeded to get less than 10 total for over a year up until i went to japan and realized why the feature existed

i have yet to get more than maybe 20-30 total in the like three years since.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
AWFADragNaut
(Sep 19, 2016 at 1:08 AM)Draku Wrote: i remember when i first bought my 3ds and went to a con right after and got a bunch of streetpasses

and then i proceeded to get less than 10 total for over a year up until i went to japan and realized why the feature existed

i have yet to get more than maybe 20-30 total in the like three years since.

It really does matter where you are.

I live in a relatively small city in England, and my college was based in the city center. All you had to do was walk around for a few hours to find at least 7-9 people per day. I often move to another much larger city for a week to see my Dad. I was surprised that I opened my 3DS and found 1 person.
Elyk
I got a bunch at college.
MSO
wont be buying one

just getting a PS4 and not buying Nintendo stuff after Breath of the Wild
T-man
(Sep 19, 2016 at 3:51 AM)MSO Wrote: just getting a PS4 and not buying Nintendo stuff after Breath of the Wild

This has been working out for me, but I'm conflicted because Nintendo hasn't had a bad handheld yet, and if the NX is somewhere in-between then I don't know what to do.
Shedinja
Nx is literally the hyped meme of the century ninty will die along with iwata mark my words
[Image: vI6LrbC.gif]
mit
it wouldve been nice if they revealed it at tgs

it wouldve been nice if they revealed it at e3

it wouldve been nice to not inevitably have it be revealed during a direct

it wouldve been nice for nintendo to actually understand how to properly advertise their products so people know that they exist, let alone what they are
[Image: 13a3785a5b.png] [Image: 589794956a.png] [Image: fef8774bcc.png] [Image: 589794956a.png] [Image: f5cb2d4fad.png] [Image: 589794956a.png] [Image: b7385c9f62.png]
DrTapeworm
it's totally gonna have pikmin 4, i'll have to buy it out of a requirement to play every pikmin game.
[Image: dinogunz.png]
T-man
(Sep 19, 2016 at 4:34 AM)DrTapeworm Wrote: it's totally gonna have pikmin 4, i'll have to buy it out of a requirement to play every pikmin game.

even this one?
DrTapeworm
looks fine to me!
DrTapeworm
no seriously a lot of people have been getting really pissy about the idea of a 2d pikmin spinoff, as if they forgot that spinoffs are a thing, and that more than one game can be developed at a time, and other surprising concepts

there's a lot of reasons to be critical of nintendo right now but this honestly isn't one of them, unless this really DID end up being pikmin 4 somehow which is doubtful
[Image: dinogunz.png]
mit
the only thing that bothers me is they sacrificed the realistic locales just for the gameplay, which i feel hinders the atmosphere a lot. looking at the gameplay again it reminds me of kirby mass attack which was a fun game, and a concept worth revisiting, but i think the realism is too big of an element of pikmin's whole schtick to be worth cutting
[Image: 13a3785a5b.png] [Image: 589794956a.png] [Image: fef8774bcc.png] [Image: 589794956a.png] [Image: f5cb2d4fad.png] [Image: 589794956a.png] [Image: b7385c9f62.png]

Thread Tags

vidya nintendo switch