God
i mean if y'all really want to get the most out of nintendo u can always just move to japan.... otherwise.............
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Spritanium
(Sep 28, 2016 at 8:06 PM)OracularRELOADED Wrote: it's lyk y'all whinge abt nintendo being backwards but they wouldn't be designing quality games in the idiosyncratic way that they do if they weren't 'backwards.' you aren't nintendo's target market, get over it hahahahahaha
I realize I'm not Nintendo's target market anymore. I just wish they would change their target market lol

I dunno about Japanese business practices but I don't think losing money is considered wise in very many cultures
[Image: supercorrect.png]
T-man
(Sep 28, 2016 at 10:20 PM)Spritanium Wrote:
(Sep 28, 2016 at 8:06 PM)OracularRELOADED Wrote: it's lyk y'all whinge abt nintendo being backwards but they wouldn't be designing quality games in the idiosyncratic way that they do if they weren't 'backwards.' you aren't nintendo's target market, get over it hahahahahaha
I realize I'm not Nintendo's target market anymore. I just wish they would change their target market lol
This.
Nintendo has like a billion studios and teams, they can definitely afford to branch out. I mean, they were honestly working on this thing at one point.

[Image: 17ivxno0ktucojpg.jpg]

I realize that the expectations of the west are more steep than that of the Japanese market, but they target more than one audience at a time. Especially when their target market has left them for smart phones and are never coming back.
God
Quote:I dunno about Japanese business practices but I don't think losing money is considered wise in very many cultures

like i said before, the real number of people who would be willing to pay for nintendo products outside of japan is really low. the ones who do like nintendo are either kids who get video games for birthday presents and dgaf about marketing or a very small percentage of adult video game enthusiasts that are notoriously hard to please anyway. the latter probably account for an incredibly small percentage of nintendo's net profit.

afaik most japanese companies don't focus on exponential profit growth as much as longevity and living within their own means. so yeah maybe passing up on unsustainable short term growth is not wise for a company like nintendo.
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
mit
moving to japan isnt going to make mario sunshine 2 come any faster
[Image: 13a3785a5b.png] [Image: 589794956a.png] [Image: fef8774bcc.png] [Image: 589794956a.png] [Image: f5cb2d4fad.png] [Image: 589794956a.png] [Image: b7385c9f62.png]
God
if moving there helps you to invest your time into something other than complaining about nintendo's business model then maybe it will seem like it's coming faster
T-man
can i get a job as miyamoto's girfledn
Mario
[deleted]
T-man
(Sep 29, 2016 at 8:52 AM)wtl Wrote: there's a lot of posts for something we know nothing about lmao
I want to know, but they won't show me. Stop.
God
wtl Wrote:there's a lot of posts for something we know nothing about lmao

it's mw's specialty
DrTapeworm
prediction: the NX is just the Gizmondo
[Image: dinogunz.png]
Spritanium
(Sep 29, 2016 at 8:57 AM)T-man Wrote:
(Sep 29, 2016 at 8:52 AM)wtl Wrote: there's a lot of posts for something we know nothing about lmao
I want to know, but they won't show me. Stop.
They're trying to manufacture hype by being all secretive, but it just comes off as annoying since we all know the console will suck anyway
Spritanium
I would fucking love to be proven wrong but I'm not going to be.

Regardless of whatever NX actually turns out to be, the following will be true:
- It will have a gimmick touted as innovation
- Said gimmick will lead to either a too-high cost (so people won't buy it) or a litany of compromises (so people won't buy it)
- It won't be able to compete with other consoles, but this is fine because nintendo is special desu~~ and they can magically stay afloat without making money
- BONUS: It'll have a stupid name

If I'm wrong I will be stoked
DrTapeworm
Fact #11: Nintendo got into some shady dealings and the NX is a money-laundering scheme to cover their tracks which is 100% true because I know what Nintendo does and also hate them, and I am not blue and/or run fast
[Image: dinogunz.png]
πŸ† Lover
1985: "Nintendo will go bankrupt any second now, for sure!"
1986: "Nintendo will go bankrupt any second now, for sure!"
1987: "Nintendo will go bankrupt any second now, for sure!"
1988: "Nintendo will go bankrupt any second now, for sure!"
1989: "Nintendo will go bankrupt any second now, for sure!"
1990: "Nintendo will go bankrupt any second now, for sure!"
1991: "Nintendo will go bankrupt any second now, for sure!"
1992: "Nintendo will go bankrupt any second now, for sure!"
1993: "Nintendo will go bankrupt any second now, for sure!"
1994: "Nintendo will go bankrupt any second now, for sure!"
1995: "Nintendo will go bankrupt any second now, for sure!"
1996: "Nintendo will go bankrupt any second now, for sure!"
1997: "Nintendo will go bankrupt any second now, for sure!"
1998: "Nintendo will go bankrupt any second now, for sure!"
1999: "Nintendo will go bankrupt any second now, for sure!"
2000: "Nintendo will go bankrupt any second now, for sure!"
2000: "Nintendo will go bankrupt any second now, for sure!"
2001: "Nintendo will go bankrupt any second now, for sure!"
2002: "Nintendo will go bankrupt any second now, for sure!"
2003: "Nintendo will go bankrupt any second now, for sure!"
2004: "Nintendo will go bankrupt any second now, for sure!"
2005: "Nintendo will go bankrupt any second now, for sure!"
2006: "Nintendo will go bankrupt any second now, for sure!"
2007: "Nintendo will go bankrupt any second now, for sure!"
2008: "Nintendo will go bankrupt any second now, for sure!"
2009: "Nintendo will go bankrupt any second now, for sure!"
2010: "Nintendo will go bankrupt any second now, for sure!"
2011: "Nintendo will go bankrupt any second now, for sure!"
2012: "Nintendo will go bankrupt any second now, for sure!"
2013: "Nintendo will go bankrupt any second now, for sure!"
2014: "Nintendo will go bankrupt any second now, for sure!"
2015: "Nintendo will go bankrupt any second now, for sure!"
2016: "Nintendo will go bankrupt any second now, for sure!"

a.k.a. β€˜This Will Be The End Of Nintendo’s Console Business,’ Says Increasingly Nervous Man For Fiftieth Time This Year
[Image: diwiue.png]

still a cuck tho
Draku
nintendo has far too much money at the ready to stop doing what they do, they're not going to go third party or anything ridiculous like that.

however, they're steadily losing their consumers and continue to make increasingly worse decisions. if they don't change their tactics, it's only going to continue their decline.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Spritanium

> Nintendo has half as much in the bank now as they did in 2011

> ”yall just like h8in on nintander lmbo"

πŸ† Lover
It's okay if you don't actually have an argument and have to resort to comedy chevrons, but you could at least state that right away so that I wouldn't have to waste time writing this shit.
[Image: diwiue.png]

still a cuck tho
Spritanium

> Ignoring my argument because it's green

T-man
(Sep 29, 2016 at 8:58 PM)Spritanium Wrote: > Ignoring my argument because it's green
#GreenWordsMatter

Thread Tags

vidya nintendo switch