Poll: thread title

Yes
40.00%
No
60.00%
Total: 20 vote(s)
Draku
It's been brought up that some users want #controversial on the MW Discord to be opt-in only via a special role, as they do not find muting effective enough. I'd like to get a full sample size before making such a decision.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Yoshin
Opt-In Channels never get used and just cause the channel purpose to leak all over the server in every example I've seen, plus why should it be the moderating teams job to give people self control? Just not click the channel if you don't like it its not hard.
Stirling
Anecdotes have no place in this discussion.

People have stated several times that they feel a compulsion to look at the channels even when muting. It would likely be a one-time thing for the members who want in.
Get it by your own hands.

MFGG Staff Slaying Expert
Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler:
Yoshin

>People have stated several times that they feel a compulsion to look at the channels even when muting.

Why should the staff cater to them not having any self control? They should work on and adjust their own urges.

EDIT: Most of the discussion is happening on Discord not the Forums Drei so you're missing out 98% of whats being suggested and whatnot.
Stirling
No, they should allow people the ability to engage in topics they do or don't want to see when they're topics that negatively impact the mindset of members. Have some compassion.

Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler:
Superchao
Mentioned this in the discord but muting a channel doesn't hide it in search results, so if people wanted to search things without finding controversial in there, this could be useful for that.
[Image: U7dyPAD.png]
B3ll3
yes, but make it mandatory
Mario
if it's a containment channel then it wouldn't work as one anymore. if we don't want it as a containment channel we should just throw it out
Yrrzy
(Oct 9, 2020 at 4:56 AM)Pedigree Wrote: What guarantees are there that this won't be used as a hidden circlejerk where people talk about others behind their backs?

I'm gonna be real you ask this for everything
Yrrzy
if people care about talking behind someones back theyll do it in dms or smth
Mario
if you exist people are going to talk about you when you’re not around, yeah. You don’t have some kind of ownership of how people perceive you.

But I think communities can do what they can to prevent officially sanctioned talk shit zones for sure, seems like it is one of mw’s favorite things given the opportunity.
Spritanium
With all due respect I think the solution to this is obvious: we should split into two forums, Minus World and Controversy World
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Draku
(Oct 9, 2020 at 10:23 PM)Spritanium Wrote: With all due respect I think the solution to this is obvious: we should split into two forums, Minus World and Controversy World
genius. who wants to be staff for controversy world
Mario
(Oct 9, 2020 at 10:38 PM)Draku Wrote:
(Oct 9, 2020 at 10:23 PM)Spritanium Wrote: With all due respect I think the solution to this is obvious: we should split into two forums, Minus World and Controversy World
genius. who wants to be staff for controversy world
I think the way this works is the current staff get controversy world and the OLD staff get minus world, so we need kyori, teddy, choaxys, guinea, char, that dude who was the bard, idk who else back to take over current minus world
Fun With Despair
I do not want controversy world.
Fun With Despair
also we can't get teddy back he's still busy on his way to go gank mason
Stirling
except you and diantha, though she now denies this, proved that they did that? i'm also genuinely opposed to staff chats as a feature in how i think you should manage a community.

the dms do matter since if this fictionalized worry of yours were real and acted upon, no one would stop doing it. they'd just do it privately.

Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler:
Draku
all right, who leaked the secret staff chat plan in which we throw dreiel into the lion's den and see if god saves him

that was meant to be a big surprise, damn it yrr
B3ll3
staff chats are bad but honestly mods in general just arent a good idea tbh. power to all users
El Negro
poll's at 6-9 nice
[Image: z839mDR.png]