Spritanium
I am a boomer no pun intended and this is the only non-nintendo game I have any interest in

Would love to play versus sometime to practice, but I can't imagine the guys on random servers have become any nicer in the past decade
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Vertette
the last time i played versus i got kicked for not standing in the right place every time and now i just don't play versus
Spritanium
(Dec 7, 2020 at 8:28 PM)Vertette Wrote: the last time i played versus i got kicked for not standing in the right place every time and now i just don't play versus
This happened to me too but it was probably in like 2011 and then I guess I just never played again lol
Draku
yeah sure i can play l4--

>versus

[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Spritanium
(Dec 7, 2020 at 9:33 PM)Pedigree Wrote: Someone get that nerd Spritey a playstation for god's sake
The shapes on the buttons make me mad, give me letters damn it
Spritanium
(Dec 7, 2020 at 9:25 PM)Draku Wrote: yeah sure i can play l4--

>versus

I always liked versus, it's really fun to play as special infected and uniquely terrifying to play as survivors with actual people controlling the SI

Draku
(Dec 7, 2020 at 10:58 PM)Spritanium Wrote:

>versus

I always liked versus, it's really fun to play as special infected and uniquely terrifying to play as survivors with actual people controlling the SI
I would absolutely adore versus if the Infected were not insanely weighted against because the game is stuck on the baby shit normal difficulty and playable Infected are literally more limited than the AI ones are and can't do the stupid crap like scratch for 50 damage while they're being melee'd away. Also really enjoy that player Tanks are a dud compared to AI ones outside of smarter prop control because of how Molotovs work in versus compared to how they work against the AI making it possible to render a player tank completely unable to do anything because it slows them down for no reason when that's not what the game was designed around

Plus they might have finally fixed it but even with a million patches to try to make rounds "equal" they never were, one team would always have a huge advantage and the other would get stuff like late or worse tank spawns and worse items when they're survivor etc

if versus was on expert difficulty or had a difficulty select period so that you at least had the option to play it like that and they changed a couple things to make it not so insanely weighted to the survivors when THE ENTIRE APPEAL OF THE MODE IS PLAYING AS THE INFECTED, it would be a million times more fun for everyone involved
Amoeba
I only play L4D2 with friends...

So we can play together, Spritey!
Spritanium
My steam friend code thing is 45504954 if anyone wants to add me (unless we're already friends from 10 years ago)
Spritanium
(Dec 7, 2020 at 11:05 PM)Draku Wrote:
(Dec 7, 2020 at 10:58 PM)Spritanium Wrote:

>versus

I would absolutely adore versus if the Infected were not insanely weighted against because the game is stuck on the baby shit normal difficulty and playable Infected are literally more limited than the AI ones are and can't do the stupid crap like scratch for 50 damage while they're being melee'd away. Also really enjoy that player Tanks are a dud compared to AI ones outside of smarter prop control because of how Molotovs work in versus compared to how they work against the AI making it possible to render a player tank completely unable to do anything because it slows them down for no reason when that's not what the game was designed around

Plus they might have finally fixed it but even with a million patches to try to make rounds "equal" they never were, one team would always have a huge advantage and the other would get stuff like late or worse tank spawns and worse items when they're survivor etc

if versus was on expert difficulty or had a difficulty select period so that you at least had the option to play it like that and they changed a couple things to make it not so insanely weighted to the survivors when THE ENTIRE APPEAL OF THE MODE IS PLAYING AS THE INFECTED, it would be a million times more fun for everyone involved
Oh shit fire does slow the tank down doesn't it? That makes no sense
Draku
(Dec 7, 2020 at 11:43 PM)Spritanium Wrote:
(Dec 7, 2020 at 11:05 PM)Draku Wrote:
(Dec 7, 2020 at 10:58 PM)Spritanium Wrote: I always liked versus, it's really fun to play as special infected and uniquely terrifying to play as survivors with actual people controlling the SI

Oh shit fire does slow the tank down doesn't it? That makes no sense
It's fucking absolutely baffling because in versus mode it acts as a constant DoT which is why it has the slowdown, in singleplayer it acts as a timer and doesn't actually deal damage to the tank until it instantly kills it after a set amount of time so it isn't slowed
Spritanium
Played with an old friend last night. God damn the special infected have gotten smarter, and the director more mean. Or maybe we're just bad at the game now
Vertette
Nah the new updates has definitely made the game harder. I struggle much more now myself.
Spritanium
Damn dudes I've been playing L4D2 every day for like a month now
Shroomguy
Damn man we gotta do some custom maps or something
The Beef Baron