idk what to call this i'm just putting all my art/gunpla here, deal with it

MoonAge
i still think new year's resolutions are shit but i did want to put a greater emphasis this year on honing my drawing skills, and i figured i might as well make a thread for it instead of flooding the #arts_and_crafts channel with each new development. same goes for all the model kits i sacrifice my wallet over

[Image: image0.jpg?width=320&height=427]

just finished this hand a few minutes ago. i mainly wanted to practice drawing hands from angles other than the palm facing exactly straight, and tbh i think it might be my best hand drawing yet. i can see some obvious areas for improvement (finger joints could be more well-defined, thumb needs to be curvier), it's insane how much less intimidating hands are after only a few sketches. thanks a bunch kright

before someone goes off accusing me of being a yoshikage kira wannabe this was prep work for someone else's drawing i wanted to reference-draw that would provide some good practice for the face and hands this time:
[Image: sample_d23b1d713474e3a11aac3db28e5b96b0....height=390]

sometime later i might make a gallery of as many past drawings i can find, it's just. going to take a while. please look forward to it.
Kright
Nice! Looking forward to seeing more drawings- You should draw something today that you can re-draw next January so you can see all the improvement you make!
MoonAge
that sounds like a delightful idea, i'll keep that in mind

most of my drawings starting from late 2017:
MoonAge

i think my next goal is to get better with getting hair size right, because i massively underestimated the size/position of the head i couldn't draw as much of it as i wanted to. or i could switch exclusively to drawing bald people, that sounds feasible. other than that, this looks pretty decent imo

the proportions issue won't stop existing until i get a drawing tablet i can use with a program that has unlimited canvas space, but for now this is my hell

i also built this Kampfer kit over the weekend, articulation's subpar and the waist joint's more wobbly than a drunk unicyclist balancing on a pointy-side-up nail, but fuck it i adore walking armory kits, especially one with a slick design like this.
Stirling
kampher isone of the sleekest zeon designs, and shows just how ouststanding izubuchi is
Get it by your own hands.

MFGG Staff Slaying Expert
Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler:
MoonAge
did my first serious attempt at painting models by doing some much needed color corrections on the kit i showed off last post
how it's supposed to look:
[Image: Ms-18e-rear.jpg?width=244&height=390]

how the model looks straight out of the box:
[Image: h89_24.jpg?width=542&height=390]

how it looks now:
[Image: image1.jpg?width=320&height=427]

crude would be putting it Nicely, but it looks decent enough (almost good even) from a distance, and hey, it was a learning experience. apparently everyone's telling me to thin my paint better, though, so i know what to practice for my next paintjob at least. very satisfied with these results overall, it basically reinforces that any kit no matter how sketchy can be made great with a bit of extra effort
Stirling
"any kit no matter how sketchy can be made great with a bit of extra effort"

yup yup
Get it by your own hands.

MFGG Staff Slaying Expert
Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler: