Hey guys, It's Zelma.

So I have a confession to make that I'm sure the realest of real ones know by now.
I am a bull-shitter.
Often times I will say I am going to do something and either just not do it or lie and said I meant to do it knowing damn well in the back on my mind I just now remembered what the fuck we even talked about.

I've bull-shitted Sudo.
I've bull-shitted aidan.
I've bull-shitted mfan, myself, despair, stir, my mom, myself but you know who I betrayed the must bros...
My brother
My tomodachi
My bestou-friendu
The Most Degenerate Coomer; SnufferinSnagglepuss. And don't laugh at his fucking name. It's manly as hell.

For the past....year I've been telling him I am going to read what I presume is one of his favorite shonen series of all-time: Konjiki no GASH BELL.

and I've just been putting that shit off. I've been reading other shit like every shonen jump title, a little air gear here and there, some light novels but you know what.

I'm done bull-shitting both myself and my brother.

In this very thread I am going to complete Konjiki no Gash Bell complete with my very own thoughts and analysis of individual
chapters/characters/volume covers etc.
Overkill? Yes but that's not even the best part.

Tonight bros? We're going through the first 20 volumes of Gash Bell. That's right.
It's fucking Monday. It's black-history month. Everyone is experiencing record breaking levels of cold temperatures through-out the country. I can waste one night binging some motherfucking Manga.
Let's.
Fucking.
Go.
[mind it's 11:45pm right now so technically it'll be tomorrow but you know what I mean. Tomorrow into the next day we're running through Gash Bell]
So before we start this thread: What even is Gash Bell? Are you thinking that sounds vaguely familiar? It should. Here's the english name:
[Image: zatch-bell-manga-vol-9.jpg]

If it sounds familiar it's probably because you, like myself, watched this show alongside shit like Bobobo, DBZ, One Piece & Naruto back in the days on Toonami(in America at least. You YTV canadian nerds will have to fill in the gaps yourself). It was surprisingly quite popular. Googling around I managed to find this ancient fucking post giving some information regarding the viewing statistics of Zatch Bell and well...I was not expecting what I found:

"Zatch Bell (Saturdays in November, 8:30 p.m.)

* Tweens 9-14 delivery (633,000) increased by 33% and ratings (2.6) by 37%.
* Kids 6-11 delivery (616,000) and ratings (2.5) both expanded by 9%."

By comparison here's Naruto, which was without a doubt, one of Cartoon Network's heavy hitters back in the day

"Naruto (Saturdays in November, 9 p.m.)

* Tweens 9-14 delivery (790,000) improved by 70% and ratings (3.2) by 68%.
* Kids 6-11 delivery (654,000) grew by 22% and ratings (2.7) by 23%
* Series ranked #1 in its time period on all television for ratings (4.7) and delivery (587,000) of boys 9-14."

source: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/php...hp?t=19504

Now I'm no expert but those don't sound like bad percentages/numbers. Granted this was regarding Naruto and One Piece placing #1 in their time-slots but playing second-fiddle or even third to either one of those is not bad at all.
So why am I reading the manga and not watching the anime? Well there's two reasons:
1. I am a grown ass adult and watching anime takes significantly more time and effort versus just scrolling through some pages. Making some comments. Moving onto the next. Manga > Anime any fucking day of the week and only children and NEETs disagree.
2. The anime is actually *drumroll*

UNFINISHED

If I remember correctly, the anime stopped either right before or a couple arcs before the FINAL ARC OF THE SERIES. Now why the fuck was that the wave when it comes to 2000s anime adaptations? I'm so glad that shit anime producers/studios collectively decided to just throw out the on-going 100+ep production cycle and just produce shit seasonally. Not only does it lead to more consistent animation but it gives the fans what they want which is a faithful adaptation of the entire manga. No bull-shit. No filler. No games.

So now on to the actual series. What makes it so good? Well; if you want me to tell you that it's the most amazing series ever I can't do that; I actually don't remember a lot of it but I remember it being a really really good shonen. Everyone I know who's completed it absolutely loves it though and while I did like what I read, I wasn't super blown away by anything but maybe that will change on the re-read.

What's it about? I'm going to summarize this badly because I want to get right to the shit but basically; boy comes from out of nowhere to help socially awkward genius nerd get some friends, ends up being a demon doll from demon world who is partcipating in what is essentially a battle royale against all other demon dolls like him to become the demon doll king. Sounds simple but you run into complications; some don't want to fight and are simply happy living life with their partner, some are genuinely evil motherfuckers who want to watch the world burn while living in a society, some you can't even tell are demon dolls etc.

It gets crazy.

But this is our story.

If you guys want to see me do this with another manga let me know but I am not going to bull-shit you

I probably won't do it.

ONE MORE THING
[Image: 80-806125_confused-jackie-chan-png-jacki...-uncle.png]

it is absolutely required that you watch the 1st intro before reading this thread. It's a banger song

Honestly though? English one? Not bad either

Be expecting multiple huge posts through out today and tomorrow. This is my promise to my brother SNAGGLEPUSS. I hope those of you who don't enjoy weeb shit will enjoy the commentary as well.
If you want to read with me
https://mangadex.org/title/848/konjiki-no-gash

and there's also a torrent on Nyaa that you can search and find and that should be it

I'll be seeing you dudes SOON
Aidan
YOU KNOW WHO'S GOT THE POWER
Snufferin Snagglepuss
I came back for this, you best deliver broski.
"Let's play our lives away!"
Yrrzy
wow i hate this art/character design
(Feb 16, 2021 at 11:29 AM)Yrrzy Wrote: wow i hate this art/character design

yeah yeah relax undertale bambi. there's furry characters in this as well.

Volume 1, 2 and 3 reviews dropping later today! We'll get to 20 by Sunday most likely. Stay tuned..........
gash review from me tonight. sorry my laptop decided to be a bitch.
Aidan
(Mar 12, 2021 at 8:47 PM)Zelma Wrote: gash review from me tonight. sorry my laptop decided to be a bitch.

👀👀