[Day 6 - Investigation] - Grave Robbery

Garth Marenghi
Ask Dr. Hawke if it appeared like Jack was targeting him or Waltar
Hu Tao
Can we examine J4-CK?
Bigfoot
(Jun 1, 2021 at 4:51 PM)Garth Marenghi Wrote: Found this file left open in the XW Archive

Quote:November 28, 2019
Subject: [NAME REDACTED], 44 years old
Experiment Conducted by Dr. R. Wexlyn

Immunocompromised subject was injected with Shadow Plague sample. No symptoms detected, even after two weeks of allotted incubation time. No sign of mutation into Void Fever.

Subject terminated. The risk of keeping a Shadow Plague “Patient Zero” alive is too great.

Conclusion: As expected, Shadow Plague seems to lie dormant until a high volume of the immediate population is infected. Impractical for weaponization, except in isolated communities.

@Dr. Alexander Wexlyn do you know who this R. Wexlyn is?
Deathborn
I present my shoulders.
Mr Waltar Whité
jesser please give us your testimony
[Image: unknown.png]
Deathborn
Hey, Summer, Luna. Tell us your secrets.
Spooks?
(Jun 1, 2021 at 7:14 PM)Garth Marenghi Wrote: Ask Dr. Hawke if it appeared like Jack was targeting him or Waltar

[Image: H5slYN6.png]

I dunno about Walt, we didn't exactly stick around. Fucked-up abomination tried to make out with me or some shit, there's no way either of us were sticking around. I gave it the beating it deserved and we got out of there as soon as we could.

Oh yeah, and I heard people saying earlier that I threw up on Winters? Go to hell, I can hold my liquor just fine.

(Jun 1, 2021 at 11:22 PM)Hu Tao Wrote: Can we examine J4-CK?

Dr. Pierce reluctantly drags the CRIMSON HUNTER out from the Containment cell. Apparently she was already in the process of rebuilding it, and the damage to its eye at least has primarily been repaired.

[Image: J4CK.png?width=157&height=335]

Still clad in her swimsuit from the murder, her mechanized corpse lies motionless on an operating table. Her eye, as Dr. Pierce explains, appeared to have been blown apart by some kind of laser when Among Us brought her in. Her eye is capable of infrared vision and detecting the various elements outlined in Dr. Pierce's parameters.

Her arm appears to be able to transform from a functional arm into a serrated whip or a chainsaw, depending on combat scenario.

(Jun 1, 2021 at 11:44 PM)Bigfoot Wrote:
(Jun 1, 2021 at 4:51 PM)Garth Marenghi Wrote: Found this file left open in the XW Archive

Quote:November 28, 2019
Subject: [NAME REDACTED], 44 years old
Experiment Conducted by Dr. R. Wexlyn

Immunocompromised subject was injected with Shadow Plague sample. No symptoms detected, even after two weeks of allotted incubation time. No sign of mutation into Void Fever.

Subject terminated. The risk of keeping a Shadow Plague “Patient Zero” alive is too great.

Conclusion: As expected, Shadow Plague seems to lie dormant until a high volume of the immediate population is infected. Impractical for weaponization, except in isolated communities.

@Dr. Alexander Wexlyn do you know who this R. Wexlyn is?

[Image: bJWQ08x.png]

Oh, that's probably my sister, Roxanne.

Unlike my brother, she kind of got the short end of the stick when it came to the family business. Rather than inheriting the company, she ended up operating under him in a leadership capacity in the XW Corporation's biotech division. Though... I guess that's a bigger stick than I got still. I chose the psychologist life though, I'm not complaining.

I'm surprised anything of hers showed up here, but Dr. Pierce was the research lead of the Occultic Operations team, so it stands to reason that she has a bunch of old stuff lying around. I haven't seen her in a while though. My sister, not Pierce. She kind of dropped off the face of the earth a bit after the Killing Game controversy that pretty much killed the careers of everyone involved with the company.

(Jun 1, 2021 at 11:51 PM)Deathborn Wrote: I present my shoulders.
You present your shoulders. They are rather beefy from lugging around a big fat slab, but unharmed.
Professional Robuster
I wake up inside and walk out into the GLASS HALLWAY. I head to the CAFETERIA via the LOBBY and pick up the medicine I dropped last night. There is a trail of blood that is leading from the CAFETERIA down the hole in the FOUNTAIN. It's charred. Chemical explosion?

Robert Winters is down the hole in a bunch of pieces. Welp.

As I enter, I saw that the OVEN is open with a lot of blood around the floor. There’s also a bullet stuck in the cabinet. I crush up the XANAX to give myself an easy way to consume with the cups of water I'm bringing to Wex so we can have a chat.

I pass by the fountain while SHOEY is walking into the GALLERY. He's popping a pop and . . . intubulated.

LOST IN HOGWARTS punches me to near death after knocking on Wex's door.

GARTH MARENGHI is standing over me as I awake. I explain what I think happened.

I hop off the top of the GLASS HALLWAY to the COURTYARD. There's a long length of ROPE tied to a tree in the courtyard and was pulled along the RIVER underneath the GLASS HALLWAY.

Welp. No choice but bed.
Dr. Jim Hawke
(Jun 2, 2021 at 12:06 AM)Mr Waltar Whité Wrote: jesser please give us your testimony

Yeah, not like I've got much going on anyway with this night. Maybe I can spread a little light on this whole uh, "attempt" deal. Probably not. Either way, I'll come out with it: I sure as shit tried to kill Rob Winters too. Gave him a mug full of cyanide powder, hoping he'd use it for his drink. That same mug's now full of cinnamon, but that wasn't me. I'm gonna assume he never drank shit, going by the autopsy results.

After that I left to go find Deathborn, and ran into that TV host chick in the Lobby. Deathborn was there too though, so I lured him down to Warehouse for Walt, and we both know how that turned out.

[Image: sDqmpe3.png]

After that... that's when Pierce's attack robot showed up! Lunged right into the room as ol' chrome dome was rolling around on the floor screaming, tried to fucking make out with me. It was FUCKED, I'm telling you!

...We managed to repel her though. I ran back to my office to hunker down, barricaded myself in. Didn't have much trouble after that.
Deathborn
Investigate the cinnamon in more detail. Is it really all just cinnamon?
Professional Robuster
I want to taste the cinnamon for bitterness.
Nurse Luna Wayne
(Jun 2, 2021 at 12:44 AM)Deathborn Wrote: Hey, Summer, Luna. Tell us your secrets.
[Image: FA0DzGt.png?1]

Secrets? Yeah, I don't know if getting blown up by that psycho Texan is much of a secret, but that's about the most interesting thing that happened tonight. Or that's what I'd say if I wasn't kidnapped by a particularly determined ghost, anyway.

You too? And here I thought it was just me! It was terrifying, one moment I was being blown up, and then the next... I was tossed in some kinda pitch-black room, with a buncha old files, pipes, and a really cool sun-shaped rock!

Wait, what? No, I didn't have any of that happen to me, I just got roped into surgery duty.

Oh... lame. I remember seeing some kinda... cooling flow valve or something on the wall. It was pretty dark, but there were a couple of these weird flashlights that I was able to look around with.

Eventually I found my way back to the dorm. I was a secret storage closet, behind the painting by the Experiment Dorms the whole time! Pretty cool, huh?

[Image: Fv9ygZu.png?2]

A storage closet? Stretching the definition of "cool" there a bit, aren't you?

A SECRET storage closet, get it right!

Anyway, DK West woke me up, got me to go downstairs to the Morgue with him and replace all the organs Faust took out to squeeze the puppet in there. Apparently he's got some kind of plan to come back to life or something. Meh, whatever.

I don't think I did a great job with his surgery or anything, but he's dead anyway isn't he? Who cares...

[Image: duNYKeh.png]

Oh yeah, and... no hard feelings, Senpai. You're weird, but we didn't mean for you to... die or anything. Personally, my target was on Hank Hill. I wanted in on the Youtuber's prank so that she'd knock him out for me. I was gonna toss him over the Patio and blame Robuster. Ah well.

Yeah! I didn't MEAN for you to get bonked over the head, it was just funny, y'know? You weren't even our first choice to swing a pan at, promise!
Deathborn
Investigate the painting that Summer described.

Also, ask Summer if she had to attempt as well.
Rio Ranger
Blue nurse, you'd consent to a body check, wouldn't you? Nothing to hide, right?
Spooks?
(Jun 2, 2021 at 1:57 AM)Deathborn Wrote: Investigate the cinnamon in more detail. Is it really all just cinnamon?
You investigate the cinnamon in the mug. It appears to be mostly full of cinnamon, but upon emptying it, you see a layer of white powder at the bottom.

(Jun 2, 2021 at 1:57 AM)Professional Robuster Wrote: I want to taste the cinnamon for bitterness.
You go to stick your tongue in the cinnamon mug, but Deathborn slaps your head away, probably harder than he needed to, honestly. He points out the powder, and refers to you as an "insignificant fool".

That cuts deep, man...

(Jun 2, 2021 at 2:15 AM)Deathborn Wrote: Investigate the painting that Summer described.

Also, ask Summer if she had to attempt as well.
You investigate the painting outside the Experiment Dorms to the south. This painting has actually been examined before. It depicts Nadare at nighttime, and it swings open to reveal a four digit keypad.

Summer claims that she did attempt as well, submitting to light a match and throw it at Faust's gas tanks if he tried to gas her like he gassed Luna previously. She holds up a matchbook to demonstrate, lightning a match and flinging it at Faust.

He dodges, and the match goes sailing past him. He stomps it out and frowns at her.
Deathborn
Hey, Pierce, Wexlyn. Mind finishing up the claimed attempt list?
Deathborn
Ask Summer if she agrees to be bodychecked.
Senpai
If she agrees to it, bodycheck her
Bigfoot
Oh, are we finally investigating the secret rooms?

I would like to go up to the vending machine next to the staff dorms and enter the combination 57846.
Spooks?
(Jun 2, 2021 at 2:52 AM)Deathborn Wrote: Hey, Pierce, Wexlyn. Mind finishing up the claimed attempt list?

[Image: ACoPPd8.png]

Tch... was unleashing my Crimson Hunter not enough for you?

Fine, I did have a proper attempt as well. In my Research Lab, I strapped a bomb to the underside of one of the tables, set to explode should anyone approach closely. I left out a variety of notes just in case, hoping it would entice the Crimson Eye. Curiosity killed the cat, and what not after all.

[Image: FBtY8Rr.png]

You're welcome to check the Research Lab to verify, but... we both know you won't.

[Image: 3NbL1Bb.png]

My attempt?

Haha, yeah you've caught me. I told Hawke off enough times for assisting in murder, but here I was tonight, trying to kill someone myself. Oh well. I thought it was a pretty good plan though!

When Garth came to me with plans to head down to B2F and explore, I put on a werewolf mask to keep my identity hidden. I also soaked several rags in black paint, and brought them down with me in a bag. I thought that we'd run into trouble, so I decided to run into the Boardroom if that happened. If I was followed inside, I'd wait with a chair and knock them over the head.

[Image: bJWQ08x.png]

Once they were out, I wanted to stuff their mouth with the paint-covered rags until they stopped breathing. Then I'd have rubbed them down with the rags and fled.

I guessed that no one would bother checking the chemical composition of the substance on their body, and I decided I would blame the kill on one of those weird tube-corpses. If anyone saw me enter the Boardroom, I'd claim that when I left, I noticed the victim being chased in by the thing.

[Image: bNf14Ep.png]

Looks like it didn't work out, but I'm happy about that. Honestly... I don't know if I could live with blood on my hands.