Magenta
62.50%
Fuchsia
37.50%
Total: 16 vote(s)
Mario
[deleted]
Yrrzy
(Oct 1, 2016 at 4:07 PM)wtl Wrote: this is like when you're out and public and someone just starts talking to you and you don't know what the Fuck they'r even talking about. I remember just the other day I was waiting for the bus and I saw someone with a watch that looked off so I asked them what the time was and my assumption was right and their watch was wrong so I corrected them and gave them the correct time. Then they tried to introduce themselves to me and shake my hand?? but my friend came by and we talked about how you meet weird people at the bus stop

what if time is subjective too :o
God
(Oct 1, 2016 at 4:07 PM)wtl Wrote:
(Oct 1, 2016 at 2:40 PM)OracularRELOADED Wrote:
(Oct 1, 2016 at 2:36 AM)wtl Wrote: I don't think there is an easy answer here.

I mean, I guess there is if you're in the "no one should piss anyone off ever" camp but it's unlikely you even believe your own words if you're saying that.

Many of us live in a broader culture where it's The Norm to be disgusted with certain groups of people who are doing no harm, but they piss people off just by existing our being open, honesty, or hell even happy with themselves. I see people losing it over fat people, autistic people, or gay people all the time. Hell, even being a woman or not white can still set some people off. For some of these groups the tide has changed, but only because members of those groups have gone out and Gotten A Rise Out Of those with some inherent unreasonable beef with them.

When you take that to the Internet there's plenty of groups like that too. Some circles of the web would hate you for liking Anime- hell MFGG had plenty of Anime Haters back in the day; funny where we are now. Furries used to be a big deal too, and although I'm sure furries who've been around forever like JoshJDubya probably pissed off a lot of people just by being a furry I'd hardly call that Trolling.

You Get A Rise Out Of people all the time for being yourself or being honest about things. Oracular's view on Objectivity challenges a lot of what is considered Sacred, but if you're That bothered by it it means you're starting to be introspective your own ideas and maybe you'll come out with a more well-rounded Opinion on things.

Now of course, if you're out there spreading hate or harm, then that's Bad.

For the less serious stuff, I mean yeah it can be pretty grating if people are constantly starting arguments over nothing. but tbh you're a pretty boring person if you log online just to get your own opinion validated constantly*. but i hardly consider what we have in this thread a misuse of the PPP. It just wouldn't be Minus World if we didn't have a poll about something silly like Luigi's Gloves and hell didn't open up and swallow us whole.

*Not that there's anything wrong with that in some circumstances. but idk it's just weird if you consider Minus World your personal safe space for your harmless opinions

yeah pretty much spot on.

these days calling someone a TROLL is increasingly becoming easier to protect your own parents (mainly the father). It's just a way to INVALIDATE someone's else's opinion/worldview/existence on the assumptions that are doing so out of selfish reasons. And EVEN you don't like. ESPECIALLY if you don't like. It's a lot like for example subservience to ideologies. If you tell yourself it's 2016 and there's people STILL out there that believe that the earth is round, you'll see what I'm getting at. The other people who challenge your mind and give it the fruit from the top of the tree whilst you only have enough strength to reach the bottom (sometimes this happens, especially if it's a tree you don't know how to climb, which is OK) if that was the case (i don't blame people if they enjoy criticising the flouride masses tbh. Just like how I don't criticise people for drinking flouride) it doesn't really change the value of their posts, even if it doesn't get any Good Sh*ts. Good Sh*ts are just a weapon used against trolls to put them In Their Place. Just like real life FIAT MONEY and the Central Banks, the Federal Gold Reserve (see the documentary: The Rothschild Family). And THAT'S WHY I'M GOING COLD TURKEY THIS MONTH: NO GOOD SHITS, NO SPELLBOOKS, NO LIMITS. It's time to GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE GUTTERS PEOPLE, AND USHER IN A NEW AGE OF KNOWLEDGE AND PROSPERITY.

this is like when you're out and public and someone just starts talking to you and you don't know what the Fuck they'r even talking about. I remember just the other day I was waiting for the bus and I saw someone with a watch that looked off so I asked them what the time was and my assumption was right and their watch was wrong so I corrected them and gave them the correct time. Then they tried to introduce themselves to me and shake my hand?? but my friend came by and we talked about how you meet weird people at the bus stop

This reminds me about the fallacy of using Solid State time devices (known as watches or clocks). the ONLY passable Solid State time device is the sundial because at least it reminds us to pray to the Sun God and it also only works roughly half of the false "Lunar Satellite Time" used by the US government (REMEBER the Moon isn't real, it is a projection or Man-made Satellite.) When you start to learn the power of Cosmic Posting, you will finally realise the true nature of time. How do you think I have so much time on my hands to make such high-quality posts? And not just High Quality, but more importntly HIGH LENGHTH. It's because I condense four 'upper' sections of time into one 'lower' section. so every day lasts up to four days depending on how well you can manage your time. If you measure it with Solid State devices (also they still use Mercury) you can't do it. You gotta FEEL THE TIME FLOW THROUGH YOUR BODY. TIME IS LIKE A QUANTUM "SANDWHICH", NOT A DIMENSION LIKE THE DARK ENLIGHTENMENT SCIENTISTS WANT YOU TO BELIEVE. As in the words of Maelcum from Neuromancer: "Time be Time."
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Mario
[deleted]
kaZaam
(Oct 1, 2016 at 4:21 PM)Yrr Wrote: what if time is subjective too :o
that's not even a 'what if' it totally is

>b-but it helps us make pizza it keeps things in line

[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
Aidan
(Oct 1, 2016 at 4:24 PM)OracularRELOADED Wrote: This reminds me about the fallacy of using Solid State time devices (known as watches or clocks). the ONLY passable Solid State time device is the sundial because at least it reminds us to pray to the Sun God and it also only works roughly half of the false "Lunar Satellite Time" used by the US government (REMEBER the Moon isn't real, it is a projection or Man-made Satellite.) When you start to learn the power of Cosmic Posting, you will finally realise the true nature of time. How do you think I have so much time on my hands to make such high-quality posts? And not just High Quality, but more importntly HIGH LENGHTH. It's because I condense four 'upper' sections of time into one 'lower' section. so every day lasts up to four days depending on how well you can manage your time. If you measure it with Solid State devices (also they still use Mercury) you can't do it. You gotta FEEL THE TIME FLOW THROUGH YOUR BODY. TIME IS LIKE A QUANTUM "SANDWHICH", NOT A DIMENSION LIKE THE DARK ENLIGHTENMENT SCIENTISTS WANT YOU TO BELIEVE. As in the words of Maelcum from Neuromancer: "Time be Time."

In 1884, meridian time personnel met in Washington to change Earth time. First words said was that only 1 day could be used on Earth to not change the 1 day bible. So they applied the 1 day and ignored the other 3 days.The bible time was wrong then and it proved wrong today. This a major lie has so much evil feed from it's wrong.
No man on Earth has no belly-button, it proves every believer on Earth a liar.

Children will be blessed for Killing Of Educated Adults Who Ignore 4 Simultaneous Days Same Earth Rotation. Practicing Evil ONEness -Upon Earth Of Quadrants. Evil Adult Crime VS Youth. Supports Lie Of Integration. 1 Educated Are Most Dumb. Not 1 Human Except Dead 1. Man Is Paired, 2 Half 4 Self. 1 of God Is Only 1/4 Of God. Bible A Lie & Word Is Lies. Navel Connects 4 Corner 4s. God Is Born Of A Mother – She Left Belly B. Signature. Every Priest Has Ma Sign But Lies To Honor Queers. Belly B. proves 4 Corners.

Your dirty lying teachers use only the midnight to midnight 1 day (ignoring 3 other days) Time to not foul (already wrong) bible time. Lie that corrupts earth you educated stupid fools.

Belly-Button Logic Works.
God
(Oct 1, 2016 at 5:51 PM)BlasterMaster Wrote:
(Oct 1, 2016 at 4:24 PM)OracularRELOADED Wrote: This reminds me about the fallacy of using Solid State time devices (known as watches or clocks). the ONLY passable Solid State time device is the sundial because at least it reminds us to pray to the Sun God and it also only works roughly half of the false "Lunar Satellite Time" used by the US government (REMEBER the Moon isn't real, it is a projection or Man-made Satellite.) When you start to learn the power of Cosmic Posting, you will finally realise the true nature of time. How do you think I have so much time on my hands to make such high-quality posts? And not just High Quality, but more importntly HIGH LENGHTH. It's because I condense four 'upper' sections of time into one 'lower' section. so every day lasts up to four days depending on how well you can manage your time. If you measure it with Solid State devices (also they still use Mercury) you can't do it. You gotta FEEL THE TIME FLOW THROUGH YOUR BODY. TIME IS LIKE A QUANTUM "SANDWHICH", NOT A DIMENSION LIKE THE DARK ENLIGHTENMENT SCIENTISTS WANT YOU TO BELIEVE. As in the words of Maelcum from Neuromancer: "Time be Time."

In 1884, meridian time personnel met in Washington to change Earth time. First words said was that only 1 day could be used on Earth to not change the 1 day bible. So they applied the 1 day and ignored the other 3 days.The bible time was wrong then and it proved wrong today. This a major lie has so much evil feed from it's wrong.
No man on Earth has no belly-button, it proves every believer on Earth a liar.

Children will be blessed for Killing Of Educated Adults Who Ignore 4 Simultaneous Days Same Earth Rotation. Practicing Evil ONEness -Upon Earth Of Quadrants. Evil Adult Crime VS Youth. Supports Lie Of Integration. 1 Educated Are Most Dumb. Not 1 Human Except Dead 1. Man Is Paired, 2 Half 4 Self. 1 of God Is Only 1/4 Of God. Bible A Lie & Word Is Lies. Navel Connects 4 Corner 4s. God Is Born Of A Mother – She Left Belly B. Signature. Every Priest Has Ma Sign But Lies To Honor Queers. Belly B. proves 4 Corners.

Your dirty lying teachers use only the midnight to midnight 1 day (ignoring 3 other days) Time to not foul (already wrong) bible time. Lie that corrupts earth you educated stupid fools.

Belly-Button Logic Works.

You will recognize 4 corner Days
or incur
Easter Island Ending.
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Beako
It's kind of hard for me to determine what trolling exactly is. I know as far as etymology of the slang internet term, trolling really was a metaphor for trolling for fish AKA a way of weeding out n00bs in the Usenet days of the internet... and I think a lot of it involved combination of circlejerking and using Poe's Law to ultimate advantage where only your friends or people who had been in the community for a long time were able to determine if you were trolling or not. Then at some weird point (I guess around the time most people's definition of "meme" were those monochromatic vectors of crudely drawn faces that were being spread by 9gag or whatever) troll became an actual thing like I Am An Internet Troll And This Is What I Am. Maybe my interpretation of events is skewed though. I know on MFGG around 2007 I had this weird idea in my head that I could Become An Internet Troll™ and that was around the time I was pretending I thought the Lion King was a bad movie and that the word "either" was a synonym for "laughter." I do think my definition of "trolling" at the time was probably something along the lines of "the act of pissing people off on purpose" (which is what I think it usually boils down to in modern day Internet but when that's not an exclusive definition IMO) and eventually I grew out of it. But sometimes I say sarcastic things and people either seem to think I'm trolling or that it doesn't matter if I'm being sarcastic because "ironically saying you think the Illuminati controls the world is exactly the same thing as believing the Illuminati controls the world" and the only two conclusions I can derive from people who propagate that argument is that people who propagate that argument either have even a suckier understanding of rhetorical banter than me (and my understanding of it is poor!) or they're accusing people they know aren't trolling of being trolls as a trolling technique. I can say for certain that I, as @OracularRELOADED put it, "removed trolling from my skillset" in 2008 or 2009 but I'm not certain I even understood what trolling was back then, or even if my understanding over the past decade has improved in the slightest. It's such a mind-boggling concept.
Aidan
(Oct 1, 2016 at 10:42 PM)Puddin Wrote: It's kind of hard for me to determine what trolling exactly is. I know as far as etymology of the slang internet term, trolling really was a metaphor for trolling for fish AKA a way of weeding out n00bs in the Usenet days of the internet... and I think a lot of it involved combination of circlejerking and using Poe's Law to ultimate advantage where only your friends or people who had been in the community for a long time were able to determine if you were trolling or not. Then at some weird point (I guess around the time most people's definition of "meme" were those monochromatic vectors of crudely drawn faces that were being spread by 9gag or whatever) troll became an actual thing like I Am An Internet Troll And This Is What I Am. Maybe my interpretation of events is skewed though. I know on MFGG around 2007 I had this weird idea in my head that I could Become An Internet Troll™ and that was around the time I was pretending I thought the Lion King was a bad movie and that the word "either" was a synonym for "laughter." I do think my definition of "trolling" at the time was probably something along the lines of "the act of pissing people off on purpose" (which is what I think it usually boils down to in modern day Internet but when that's not an exclusive definition IMO) and eventually I grew out of it. But sometimes I say sarcastic things and people either seem to think I'm trolling or that it doesn't matter if I'm being sarcastic because "ironically saying you think the Illuminati controls the world is exactly the same thing as believing the Illuminati controls the world" and the only two conclusions I can derive from people who propagate that argument is that people who propagate that argument either have even a suckier understanding of rhetorical banter than me (and my understanding of it is poor!) or they're accusing people they know aren't trolling of being trolls as a trolling technique. I can say for certain that I, as @OracularRELOADED put it, "removed trolling from my skillset" in 2008 or 2009 but I'm not certain I even understood what trolling was back then, or even if my understanding over the past decade has improved in the slightest. It's such a mind-boggling concept.

tl;dr
Beako
(Oct 1, 2016 at 4:07 PM)wtl Wrote: this is like when you're out and public and someone just starts talking to you and you don't know what the Fuck they'r even talking about. I remember just the other day I was waiting for the bus and I saw someone with a watch that looked off so I asked them what the time was and my assumption was right and their watch was wrong so I corrected them and gave them the correct time. Then they tried to introduce themselves to me and shake my hand?? but my friend came by and we talked about how you meet weird people at the bus stop
Yeah I'm such a horrible person for introducing myself to a stranger!

Also perplexing how earlier in the thread you mentioned the problem of how people react toward autistic people on the internet yet you're making fun of an experience I confided in Life Chat about trying to be friendly with someone and having trouble understanding the social dynamics of the situation (I am on the spectrum.) I'm not offended, upset, or angry, and I'm not trying to make a gotcha; I just don't understand the logic here.

Figured I'd note that I'm not offended or angry or upset because it came to my attention recently on another platform that people often randomly assume I'm either feeling the opposite emotion of what I'm feeling when I say something on the internet or they assume I'm feeling emotion when I'm not.

If confusion counts as an emotion that's what I'm feeling but I don't think you're purposefully trying to be malicious, and even if you were it wouldn't upset me. Not that my emotions matter; I just want to make sure my post comes across as "what do you mean by this" and not "grr how dare you make fun of me!"
Mario
[deleted]
God
(Sep 29, 2016 at 11:31 PM)Kazaam Wrote:
(Sep 29, 2016 at 11:27 PM)SenpaiSenseiChan Wrote: That's not how colors work at all. dont tell me what to do fash
ok objectively describe colors to me
hidden by staff:

was this a Blood Post? can i get a member of the Old Guard to weigh in on this?
Draku
(Nov 2, 2016 at 12:00 PM)OracularRELOADED Wrote:
(Sep 29, 2016 at 11:31 PM)Kazaam Wrote:
(Sep 29, 2016 at 11:27 PM)SenpaiSenseiChan Wrote: That's not how colors work at all. dont tell me what to do fash
ok objectively describe colors to me
hidden by staff:

was this a Blood Post? can i get a member of the Old Guard to weigh in on this?
yes
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
God
thx luv
Beako
(Oct 2, 2016 at 5:15 AM)Puddin Wrote:
Yeah I'm such a horrible person for introducing myself to a stranger!

Also perplexing how earlier in the thread you mentioned the problem of how people react toward autistic people on the internet yet you're making fun of an experience I confided in Life Chat about trying to be friendly with someone and having trouble understanding the social dynamics of the situation (I am on the spectrum.) I'm not offended, upset, or angry, and I'm not trying to make a gotcha; I just don't understand the logic here.

Figured I'd note that I'm not offended or angry or upset because it came to my attention recently on another platform that people often randomly assume I'm either feeling the opposite emotion of what I'm feeling when I say something on the internet or they assume I'm feeling emotion when I'm not.

If confusion counts as an emotion that's what I'm feeling but I don't think you're purposefully trying to be malicious, and even if you were it wouldn't upset me. Not that my emotions matter; I just want to make sure my post comes across as "what do you mean by this" and not "grr how dare you make fun of me!"
(Oct 2, 2016 at 8:52 PM)wtl64 Wrote: I will retire that posting technique because it is confusing.

I think there's humor in stories on forums popping up under different perspectives. There was no intent to mock you, nor do I agree with the antagonist in your tale in any way whatsoever. but if that's the impression you're getting from it, then I apologize.
Actually in hindsight it was not fair for me to split hairs over your post considering how often I make fun of my neurological condition in IRC chatrooms. To be honest, the only reason I don't make fun of my neurological condition by name on Minus World is probably because I don't want to get banned for ableism.

Now I regret making the post you responded to; I was being a hypocrite. Besides, I don't need make an announcement every time I'm confused by something another user posts... and it's a good thing I don't make an announcement literally every time I'm confused by something another user posts or I'd be making dozens more confusion announcements than I currently do. Welp

Thanks though.
Draku
(Nov 24, 2016 at 9:08 AM)Puddin Wrote: To be honest, the only reason I don't make fun of my neurological condition by name on Minus World is probably because I don't want to get banned for ableism.
fyi if you actually have it i think there's a pretty good basis for it not being a bad thing for you to poke some fun at it. i mean i guess the other staff would probably have to weigh in but i personally think it'd be ridiculous for someone not to be able to talk about a condition they have themselves
Spritanium
1. Poking fun at something you have personal experience with is 100% okay, and I'll fight for Puddin's right to do so.

2. Even if you don't have personal experience with a disability/illness/whatever, it's not always ableism to make a joke about it. I can't stand this concept that humor is suddenly bad as soon as it involves serious subject matter. Not everything needs to be treated with such a somber, tip-toey attitude; in fact pretty much nothing does. People get a ton of shit for "making light of serious issues" but it's not always about that. To joke about things is to talk about them. If we shun jokes we shun all discussions and mental illness remains a taboo thing. I say joke about whatever you want as long as your heart is in the right place and you also do your part to encourage positive/beneficial discussions about the subject.
Spritanium
Humor isn't the enemy, ignorance is.
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Draku
(Nov 25, 2016 at 12:57 AM)JoshJDubya Wrote: Don't want to step on the toes of a shepherd but what a bump, yo.
bumps aren't against any rules or bad in any capacity, especially Retrospective Posts