[Day 8 - Investigation] - Crimson Eclipse

Spooks?
(Jul 6, 2021 at 5:55 AM)Deathborn Wrote: Try the small key from Sugar on the book.
You try the key on the book's lock, carefully turning it. With a click... the book opens.

It appears to be a journal, with four sparse entries along with many formulas, sketches, notes, and other such information. It's quite disorganized, and appears to have been in use for quite some time, likely well over a decade at this point by the looks of it. Most of it looks pretty boring to the uninformed, but you recognize a few margin doodles as rough concepts for stuff like J4-CK and the Occult Engine.

You decide to check out the actual writings now, flipping back to the start of the book.

19/11/09

I think... we did it.

The animal studies were all successful. We have managed to actually resurrect the dead, to some extent. It's not perfect, not necessarily. As of right now, the actual components of Lazarin are prohibitively expensive, to say the very least, but I think I might have a solution for cooking up for that too, the production of Void Conduit. I'll have to look more into the logistics, but for now... well, the soulbinding process has held up perfectly well in the animal tests. One dosage might be all someone needs.

Not bad for my first project as a team lead, huh? I never thought I'd be working in medicine but here we are. The Lazarin Project.

9/05/10

Well, here goes nothing. We're starting human trials officially now.

I'm not sure how to feel about this, it's... stressful, I guess. But I'm finally doing it.

Well, I shouldn't take all the credit. I couldn't have done any of this without any of my team, but especially Hawke. I've never met anyone as compassionate as that man, who genuinely cares as much about his job, about his patients. That's probably why he signed on to the Lazarin Project, I suppose. Saving lives... we're going to do more than just that.

His surgical knowledge is without precedent too. There were so many times where I could have just... fucked something up, but he was always there to point out any errors, to comment on any miscalculations I made with regards to the workings of the human body. Honestly this would be so much easier if people were machines, if I didn't have to worry about, you know, people stuff.

But it's all working out. We might have finally cracked medicine's final riddle. I knew getting my degree in Occultic Studies would eventually pay off.

I hope that, even after Lazarin, there's still something to discover, another project to work on. A new adventure, a new advancement. Maybe we'll all get to work on it together again. Maybe not Roxanne though. Smug fucking bitch.

29/10/11

no no no no NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

[The rest of the page is incoherent scratchings]

30/10/11

It's a failure. They're all dead, dead or living on borrowed time, the last remnants of my project being the only thing tethering them to this world. The project is too expensive to be a sustainable product for most, and without constant replenishment... the soulbinding would slowly weaken until..

Everything I worked for, all the patients that Hawke brought in, desperate for a final lifeline... It's all gone, up in flames. The XW Corporation, they want to cover it up, let it all sit and rot in their vaults... Roxanne and her stupid brother, they aren't the ones who had to stand there and tell an old woman that the promises we made were false, tell a little girl that her sister was going to drop dead unless her parents kept shoveling money at us until they either ran out or decided to let her die

I'm not just going to let it end.

Lazarin was a failure, but I am not. I don't care what it takes, what I have to do. I won't sit around drinking away my sorrows like Hawke's started doing. No. If Lazarin didn't work, I'll find something that will. I have blood on my hands already, what's a little more at this point?

Nothing like this will ever happen again. I'll wait, build my influence, and the moment I can... I'll create something that makes Lazarin look like the fucking waste of time it was. Mark my words, I won't give up like Hawke. I began this project with the goal of overcoming death, and if I let everything I've worked towards fade away, then I might as well be dead myself.

The rest of the book contains no writings, just diagrams, scribbles and cross-sections that appear to date to the modern day. It appears that Dr. Pierce stopped using this journal as a place to record her feelings long ago.
Mr Waltar Whité
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: unknown.png] - WALTAR: oh boy i sure do hope tomorrows trial ends with a solid verdict, positive outcome for everyone, and no npc death
[Image: unknown.png] - WALTAR: :D
[Image: unknown.png] - WALTAR: anyway, jesser they're going to kill us, come, it is time for us to become the rulers of everythi-
[Image: Screenshot_20210303-090715_Discord.jpg]
TESCO
[Image: jack.png] - J4CK: WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

[Image: 767629409250443265.gif][Image: 767629409250443265.gif][Image: 767629409250443265.gif][Image: 767629409250443265.gif][Image: 767629409250443265.gif]

[Image: unknown.png] - JESTER: MR WHITE HELP
[Image: unknown.png] - WALTAR: JESSER IM GON GET YOU OUTTA THERE, I PROMISE YOU, YOU DON'T BELONG IN THERE, IM GON GET YOU OUTTA THERE, IM GONNA DO EVERYTHING IT TAKES TO MAKE SU-

[Image: fire.gif][Image: fire.gif][Image: fire.gif][Image: fire.gif]
[Image: fire.gif]
garth marenghi is not here right now. he is dead. you can explore his room if you like
[Image: fire.gif][Image: fire.gif][Image: fire.gif][Image: fire.gif]

[Image: fire.gif][Image: unknown.png] - FAUST: ...[Image: fire.gif] [Image: fire.gif]
FAUST YOU HAVE FUCKED UP MY ENTIRE NIGHT
[Image: unknown.png] - WALTAR: ...
[Image: fire.gif][Image: fire.gif][Image: unknown.png][Image: fire.gif][Image: fire.gif]

[Image: waltarfall.gif]
i go to sleep on night 8

[Image: unknown.png] - JESTER: ...he's not coming back is he
[Image: unknown.png] - JESTER: fuck me dead
[Image: jack.png] - J4CK: that can be arranged honeykins