[Day 8 - Investigation] - Crimson Eclipse

Spooks?
(Jul 5, 2021 at 3:15 AM)Mr Waltar Whité Wrote: Check the Research Lab, Morgue, the B2F Hallways (stairwell and elevators included even though it won't yield anything), and any unchecked B3F Rooms for anything we might have missed down there
You check the Research Lab.

You notice that the computer is now logged in, and you browse through it looking for info. Most of it looks to be a bunch of scientific jargon, stuff about the applications of “Void Conduit”, etc. You do find some relatively detailed blueprints about NADARE however, with information you haven’t seen elsewhere.

Spoiler:

Hmmm. Well, there’s more stuff you’ve learned, you suppose. There’s no other information you can find that seems useful though on the computer. Looking around the room itself, there’s a couple more things though. A few Lazarin-related research papers by Dr. Pierce, Dr. Hawke, and a “Dr. R. Wexlyn”, but none of them teach you anything particularly new.

There’s a new sticky note on one of the desks mentioning that the Restricted Records needs reorganizing, as it appears as though someone has swapped around a few of the patient files. It appears as though a Lazarin Incident victim, a 90-year old woman with no relatives named “Katherine Pratchett” had her file switched with someone else’s at some point, though the note does not indicate whose.

You don’t find the locked journal that was here earlier though. Must have been moved.

The hallways of B2F are mostly empty, though there is a bloody dart by the Server Room. The same goes for the stairwell, minus the bloody dart. Outside of the aforementioned pool of blood in here, there's nothing that's been left in the stairwell.

In B3F, you check the AI Control Room. A black USB drive is plugged into the terminal where the Monokuma-colored one previously was. The Monokuma drive is lying in the corner, discarded.

(Jul 5, 2021 at 3:16 AM)Deathborn Wrote: Ask Pierce if the same would happen if the Facility AI was forcibly shut down.

Dr. Pierce explains that the Facility AI is integrated through the entire building, and the only way to truly shut it down would be to cut power. Destroying the AI Control Room itself would only cut off the access point and heavily damage its general coherence in communication and thought. It'd become far more unpredictable essentially, though it wouldn't go away.

(Jul 5, 2021 at 3:18 AM)Bigfoot Wrote: I would like to investigate that hidden area behind where the vending machine used to be. Is there anything resembling a reactor key hidden in there? What about the other hidden area that we found the sun stone in?
You investigate the secret hideout behind the vending machine. It doesn't appear to have anything resembling a Reactor Key, just a bunch of what you could assume is Lynn's abandoned shit. The other area where the Sun Stone was hidden has a lot of nothing, just junky office supplies and that stupid, unfair arcade game.

(Jul 5, 2021 at 4:58 AM)Deathborn Wrote: We haven't investigated the aforementioned panel, have we? Let's do that.
You inspect the panel that controls the Crimson Devastator.

It is a flat glass panel with three touch-controlled buttons, reading ATTACK, DEFENSE, and IDLE/MANUAL. It appears to be set to IDLE/MANUAL. Underneath the buttons are two smaller buttons, reading INFO and DEFOG.

The INFO button just brings up a description and an image of the Crimson Devastator. The description is pretty much as Pierce described it. You press the DEFOG button, and the wall in front of you clears up, revealing a glass view into the Containment Cells. The Crimson Devastator's head suddenly swivels to look at you, its six eyes lighting up with a sickly yellow tinge. You press the button again, which now reads FOG, and the wall darkens again.

Dr. Pierce laughs from the doorway, reminding you that she can control it regardless of proximity to the panel.
Spooks?
(Jul 5, 2021 at 6:19 AM)Rio Ranger Wrote: What's with the scuff marks around the e-Pass Control blood pool thingy? Any way to take a closer look?
You take a look at the scuff marks. It looks like something was dragged around in the blood, or something was lifted out of the puddle in a way that required a fair amount of grip and effort.
Deathborn
Look through Restricted Records for any info on an April Alvarez.
Jack of Spades
[Image: E5gZWKPVgAQisK9.jpg]
Mr Waltar Whité
[Image: unknown.png]

Spoiler:

@Jack Of Spades let him go
Rio Ranger
Gather blood samples from the e-Pass Control stairwell, the Server Room, Simpai, and orange nurse and compare 'em all to each other in the Laboratory. I wouldn't mind checkin' that crazy pink chick's bloody gun either, but I think she's gotta give us permission or whatever. Oh well.

...Uh, on second thought, I shouldn't be the guy doin' this. I know a lotta doctors back at home and all, but... Faust, Hawke, Jack, any of you wanna take a crack at this shit?
Spooks?
(Jul 5, 2021 at 6:44 AM)Deathborn Wrote: Look through Restricted Records for any info on an April Alvarez.
You look through the files for an "April Alvarez", and eventually locate the file. It appears as though she was originally diagnosed with a degenerative illness and put on Lazarinas a last-ditch attempt to preserve her physical state.

Eventually, a cure was apparently discovered for her illness, but due to the Lazarin treatment, it was incompatible with her body, and she was forced to continue Lazarin treatments to stay alive, until eventually her family ran out of money and she passed away, leaving her parents and a younger sister in poverty and mourning their loss.

(Jul 5, 2021 at 7:13 AM)Mr Waltar Whité Wrote: [Image: unknown.png]

@Jack Of Spades let him go
The cell door appears to be straight up welded shut. Jack of Spades threatens you as you approach it. Besides the unfortunate caged jester though, there's not much else that's visibly changed in here. He does have a large yellow crewmate suit in the cell with him however. He does not wish to put it on, as he finds it degrading.
Spooks?
(Jul 5, 2021 at 7:16 AM)Rio Ranger Wrote: Gather blood samples from the e-Pass Control stairwell, the Server Room, Simpai, and orange nurse and compare 'em all to each other in the Laboratory. I wouldn't mind checkin' that crazy pink chick's bloody gun either, but I think she's gotta give us permission or whatever. Oh well.

...Uh, on second thought, I shouldn't be the guy doin' this. I know a lotta doctors back at home and all, but... Faust, Hawke, Jack, any of you wanna take a crack at this shit?

You gather together all the blood samples and hand them off to Faust to be checked in the Laboratory. Sugar has already consented to her gun being examined, so you are able to check them.

The blood in the stairwell and server room appears to match Summer's DNA profile, but the blood on Sugar's gun matches none of the victims whatsoever, appearing to come from a different source.
DK West
Ewah, if we're looking for mastermind motive, I'll pull out all of the files about Lazarin victims in Restricted Records and look for the ones with relatives, or extremely close acquaintances.
Jack of Spades
@Mr Waltar Whité

Apologies, Walter, but this is for his own protection! Here I can keep him nice and safe until this nightmare ends. Normally I would've just accompanied him, but...
Jim is having a rather difficult time getting used to me this way...
and attacking me...
it still hurts on the inside...

[Image: J4ck_2.1_void_goo_crazed_grin_tears_2.png]
Spooks?
(Jul 5, 2021 at 7:31 AM)DK West Wrote: Ewah, if we're looking for mastermind motive, I'll pull out all of the files about Lazarin victims in Restricted Records and look for the ones with relatives, or extremely close acquaintances.
It seems like mostly all of them left behind some sort of relatives or close friends, besides "Lyle Baxter", "Eric Root", "Katherine Pratchett", and "Shigeru Sakai", all of whom were rather old and seemed to be put up for Lazarin treatment as they were going to die regardless.
Mr Waltar Whité
Spoiler:
ASMR Youtuber
I'd like to hear Luna's testimony, and also ask Luna to ID the body just to be sure it's Summer, not a disguised corpse
(you never know in kg, and summer already disguised something with makeup Dead)
DK West
Check the fountain area for a gun, and any bullets and damage they might've caused. Due diligence on DEATHBORN mentioning a gun. No hard feelings, bro!
Where's the light switch in the server room, anyway? Relative to the entrance and vent most important.
Recheck out that whole stairwell on B2F for any bullets or damage. And anything else out of the ordinary.
Do the same for the elevator room just south, and the elevator itself. Maybe check the elevator shaft too, if we can?
Very unlikely, but I'll take a flashlight or something and check out the entire vent, too. Better safe than sorry.
On the patio, where's Summer relative to either entrance? The stool?
Does Summer's corpse show any signs of being bound and or gagged? Any injections or other easy explanations for her being unconscious? Head bruises?
Check the Lobby, specifically the cage for how easy it would be to see the Patio. Bring a light if I have to. Hard to tell on the map what's a wall or not.

Did Senpai have anything else with him? Is it possible to search the "cell" without triggering the Crimson lock-down shit?
Mr Waltar Whité
Check terrarium and the stairs near its control. Specifically look for traces of blood leading into the rec room. Check Pierces office for blood, and anything else out of the ordinary.
Rio Ranger
@Agent Liz Grayson Bureau lady with the hat, what'd you do last night?
Mr Waltar Whité
Ask Pierce if she knows of any malfunctioning ePass doors from the previous night (i.e. if Cthonics and Containment 1 were freely accessible for everyone). Ask her to prove this with data from the ePass control room or security or some shit if she's certain the door could/could not have been accessed by anyone with less than access VII tonight

Also, check Senpai's ePass level

Also, also, closely examine the non-singed remains of the objects in the incinerator to determine if they might resemble a backpack, or something we've seen elsewhere. Check the chemical they've been doused with.
DK West
DK West, back alive again!
That Morgue where I slept, wasn't a comfy inn.
In the archives, I was looking around for that good stuff,
but with that space-man and robot, things quickly got rough.

Up to Garth's Room, I took what I could.
Deathborn came in, chanting like a real fan should!

(DK West, DK West
He's our man, he's the best!)

That Sugar though, she's such a hater.
Knocked Deathborn out, see you later!
Quick stop at the break room, I was brewing a pot.
Faust saw me, or so I thought.
It was part of a fake murderous plot,
but that never occurred, nor did most of my lot.

I rode the elevator upstairs, with a quick pace.
Faust and Nemesis were sparring, I doubt they saw any trace.
Saw nobody and nothing, until I went into the equipment room.
Liz came at me, attempting to seal my doom.

Ewah, what were you doing in the equipment room, Liz?
Do you have anywhere better to do your biz?
Is it your home? Your place of residence?
Because it defies all precedence.

I defied her attempts to end my life,
while she fled down the elevator shaft to avoid the strife.
I took my own path, and managed to sneak down nice and quietly,
ended up on the third basement floor, finally.

I sat and waited, hidden out of sight,
for the mastermind to enter the light.
Where else would they hide, but the reactor core?
With its impenetrable locked door?

Bigfoot entered, masked in a way I could not recognize.
He checked the Reactor door, and I tried to remove his disguise.
He noticed me approach, and opened fire.
I left rather quickly, before I could expire.

I fled back up, and went into the dorm.
Saw nobody and no-one, the unsettling norm.
Spooks?
(Jul 5, 2021 at 10:26 AM)Mr Waltar Whité Wrote: Check terrarium and the stairs near its control. Specifically look for traces of blood leading into the rec room. Check Pierces office for blood, and anything else out of the ordinary.
You check the Terrarium and its surrounding areas. You don't find anything out of the ordinary, and there is no blood leading into the Rec Room. Dr. Pierce's office is similar upon a general surface level inspection, except there is a scalpel on the floor and a rope made of t-shirts leading down from the ceiling hole. Someone also halfassedly attempted to put caution tape up, but seemingly abandoned the task.

(Jul 5, 2021 at 11:56 AM)Mr Waltar Whité Wrote: Ask Pierce if she knows of any malfunctioning ePass doors from the previous night (i.e. if Cthonics and Containment 1 were freely accessible for everyone). Ask her to prove this with data from the ePass control room or security or some shit if she's certain the door could/could not have been accessed by anyone with less than access VII tonight

Also, check Senpai's ePass level

Also, also, closely examine the non-singed remains of the objects in the incinerator to determine if they might resemble a backpack, or something we've seen elsewhere. Check the chemical they've been doused with.
Dr. Pierce informs you that there were no malfunctioning doors, and none of the e-pass readers have been tampered with save for Equipment's. In order to get in, you would need either a high enough access level or general unrestricted access.

Senpai's e-Pass level is currently at VI.

You check the mostly intact cloth in the incinerator. You don't think it's from a backpack, being too thin. Some of the completely burned fabric might have been at some point, but its impossible to tell. The material appears to have been soaked in something that made it stiffer and... is sort of globbed on at points. It doesn't appear to have been a singular chemical though.
Spooks?
(Jul 5, 2021 at 10:18 AM)DK West Wrote: Check the fountain area for a gun, and any bullets and damage they might've caused. Due diligence on DEATHBORN mentioning a gun. No hard feelings, bro!
Where's the light switch in the server room, anyway? Relative to the entrance and vent most important.
Recheck out that whole stairwell on B2F for any bullets or damage. And anything else out of the ordinary.
Do the same for the elevator room just south, and the elevator itself. Maybe check the elevator shaft too, if we can?
Very unlikely, but I'll take a flashlight or something and check out the entire vent, too. Better safe than sorry.
On the patio, where's Summer relative to either entrance? The stool?
Does Summer's corpse show any signs of being bound and or gagged? Any injections or other easy explanations for her being unconscious? Head bruises?
Check the Lobby, specifically the cage for how easy it would be to see the Patio. Bring a light if I have to. Hard to tell on the map what's a wall or not.

Did Senpai have anything else with him? Is it possible to search the "cell" without triggering the Crimson lock-down shit?
You check the Fountain for a gun. There is a gun lying on the ground around the barrier between the Fountain and the History Hall. It has no bullets, and the walls around it are riddled with bullet holes. Enough for a full clip.

The light switch in the Server Room appears to be smack-dab in between the door and the vent on the wall. It's close to the pool of blood as well. While you're down here, you check out the stairwell again, but there's really nothing here.

You then investigate the Elevator to the Lobby and the abandoned shaft to the South. The Elevator itself doesn't really have anything super notable about it to be honest, and the shaft only contains some old, broken, rotting legs.

Investigating the vent, you find a lot of blood, but that's all.

Summer is lying around the middle of the Patio, but closer to the railing than to the doors. Not much thought seemed to be put into her positioning, but she is sort of close to the stool you suppose. You check her body for signs of being bound and gagged, but that doesn't appear to be the case here.

Finally, you turn on a flashlight and go up to the Lobby. You cannot see into the Lounge or Patio at all from here, even with the light.