[Day 9 - Investigation] - Stolen Secrets

Mr Waltar Whité
examine the crowbar, is it warped in any way that indicates it might have been used to hold the elevator doors open? compare the crowbar to the mysterious part of hank's head wound, look again in shipping for any bullshit escape thesises
[Image: unknown.png]
Nurse Luna Wayne
(Jul 21, 2021 at 2:05 AM)Mr Waltar Whité Wrote: @Nurse Luna Wayne do you have anything else to add regarding Faust apparently being Hank's killer, how do you know it's not him for sure and can you prove it's not him at all with what you saw tonight. How close was Hank departing the Hall to Faust showing up

[Image: u3FjnNh.png]

Faust showed up... I dunno, not a huge amount of time after Hank came by. It wasn't simultaneous or immediate, but there wasn't a massive gap. The two of us were together the entire rest of the night, so I don't think he could have done anything in that timespan at least.
Spooks?
(Jul 21, 2021 at 2:08 AM)Deathborn Wrote: Look at the Patio for Summer.

Look at Summer, if there, to make sure she's really dead.
She's still there, and still very dead. You don't get shot twice in the chest and survive without medical help, which Dr. Wexlyn was not eager to provide on the scene.

(Jul 21, 2021 at 2:08 AM)Mr Waltar Whité Wrote: examine the crowbar, is it warped in any way that indicates it might have been used to hold the elevator doors open? compare the crowbar to the mysterious part of hank's head wound, look again in shipping for any bullshit escape thesises
You examine the crowbar. It doesn't seem bent, but you don't think the doors would have been forceful enough to bend it. You spot some gay fanfiction vaguely underneath the bag, both appearing alongside the crowbar in the general area stuff would appear had it been absentmindedly tossed in.
Deathborn
Read the gay fanfic. What's the pairing?
Mr Waltar Whité
check wexlyns office for gay yaoi that lih printed
Spooks?
(Jul 21, 2021 at 2:13 AM)Deathborn Wrote: Read the gay fanfic. What's the pairing?

(Jul 21, 2021 at 2:22 AM)Mr Waltar Whité Wrote: check wexlyns office for gay yaoi that lih printed
It's Harry Potter fanfic, take a wild guess.

It's the same one as in his office.
Mr Waltar Whité
idk fuckin how were the bedsheet holes cut out, were they torn or was there a pair of scissors or something left in the staff dorm
Rio Ranger
[Image: mileyranger_1.png]
Yes, yes, I am glad you two have reunited, Ranger. Wonderful. Heartwarming, even. Two murderous kleptomaniacs in a pod, not unlike you and your real father.
...Hmm, where are my manners? You may call me Sue Miley. I am, or should be, one of the research and development leads here at ASU-NARO. Naturally, this would mean that all upkeep of our dolls falls at least partially on me, much less that of our currently active Rio Ranger.

It doesn't in practice, because someone here has insisted on coddling the fu- the fiddling thing for years and mucking everything up. Constantly! It's been, what, six days of that beanpole hogging the cameras? Six days of millions of yen in quadriplegic science going down the drain and being dubbed a softboy?
(...nine? Nine days?)

...Well. Regardless, I have no interest in withholding testimony from you like this piece of junk has been for the past few nights. I will explain Ranger's actions as succinctly as possible. I would rather copy down what he wrote here, to be completely honest with you.

[Image: mileyranger_2.png]
However, lastly... thank you, o brave Deathborn... for your actions on B3F tonight were the final piece of the interference-ridden puzzle to fully control our Ranger going forward, you see. That, too, is why I am here with you now... heehee, yes, what a great thing. Perhaps there is a chance after all... that I will survive this without a pay cut...

Quote:
Ranger's Actions Last Night (according to himself)
"-wake up. Go through glass hall
-scream from the lobby that sounds like DS2. Pierce, coincidentally, is chasing DS2 into the cable car station
-i follow from a distance, watching them enter the gift shop; pierce pins ds2 to the wall and prepares to slit their throat with a box cutter, but I call her a whore and she drops ds2 and the cutter
-and runs after me [Image: 835348366908719155.gif?v=1]
-ooo i run through the station and the lobby while shes chasing me and the big corpse thing comes out of the gallery and revs up its drill ooooo scawy"

...If I may, here. Frankly, I am hardly privy to what Ranger did to you beyond that vote, nor do I particularly care for the intricacies of you wanting him dead. Whatever choices led you here tonight are obvious from a glance, and I only regret that he did not stay out of your way per my orders.

[Image: mileyranger_3.png]
But, Morgan Pierce...
All of your hard work and recruitment campaigns led to the vault being opened tonight, no? With each action you took, the Crimson Eye got a little closer to their goal, thanks to you. You were so close, and yet you insist on murdering our poor little security drone...
Eheeheeeeee... in the end, it's nothing to cry about, is it? No matter. Continue with your bloodbath, and I shall continue on myself.

Quote:Following that,
"-cunthulhu locks the door to the patient ward as I'm trying to cheese her out of the no kills in dorms rule, but then she and the robot leave after they see something out in the courtyard, much to their frustration
-i think I dipped in the ward for a sec but went out to the lobby pretty quickly, ds2 was leaving the car station and thanked me for their Intact Ass
-we go to the lounge together and hop down the pierce office hole thing. in the b2f hallway Deathborn is re entering the experiment dorms
-ds2 and I go to the break room, then the laboratory; a sheet ghost is concurrently leaving the staff dorms. someone took a lot of supplies from the lab too but idk who or why or anything
-then we go to the locker room and dont find shit, so we go outside to the hallway again and ds2 starts yelling and waving her blowtorch so I kick her to shut her the fuck up. I then leave, having progressed from softboy to sigma male
-i went upstairs in the elevator to return to the lobby and this is probably like, important because there was no dead hank unless I'm misunderstanding something basic? Anyway I go to bed hoping nobody did anything to dk west but he lived so we're cool. Also I didnt see nemesis unsurprisingly"

[Image: mileyranger_1.png]
...I expected interruptions. Perhaps Midori died of a broken heart today.
Ranger may have control back and do whatever his programming compels him to. Discuss the killer amongst yourselves in your remaining time... I will vote in Ranger's stead if I must.
Enjoy the moments you get with him, I suppose. If he shows up at our doorstep dead but intact, it matters not. I'm certain that he's stopped wanting to throw himself off the mountain by now, so at least it will be by someone else's hands.
...What in the name of fuck is a sigma male.

*click*
Deathborn
I grab the crowbar, use a knife to cut a couple holes in Violent Jimin's bedsheet, and then toss it over myself and just stand around like a spooky sheet ghost.
Faust
(Jul 21, 2021 at 2:38 AM)Deathborn Wrote: I grab the crowbar, use a knife to cut a couple holes in Violent Jimin's bedsheet, and then toss it over myself and just stand around like a spooky sheet ghost.

I do this too, what kind of silhouette do I cut
Mr Waltar Whité
as a third party i provide them with the sheets so that they dont tamper with them
Deathborn
Is there blood on the yaoi???
Spooks?
(Jul 21, 2021 at 2:38 AM)Deathborn Wrote: I grab the crowbar, use a knife to cut a couple holes in Violent Jimin's bedsheet, and then toss it over myself and just stand around like a spooky sheet ghost.

(Jul 21, 2021 at 2:41 AM)Faust Wrote:

I do this too, what kind of silhouette do I cut
You look pretty similar. Despite his height, faust has simply terrible posture.
Deathborn
Insert the Reactor Control Key into one of the slots.
Spooks?
(Jul 21, 2021 at 3:18 AM)Deathborn Wrote: Insert the Reactor Control Key into one of the slots.
You place the key into one of the slots. It clicks into place, and the slot lights up in response.
Spooks?
(Jul 19, 2021 at 4:32 AM)Nemesis Wrote: What's this DVD I saw in the Vault?

You take the DVD up to the Lobby and place it into the DVD player. After a few moments of darkness, you see Summer staring into the camera, looking... tired.

There are bags under her eyes, and she looks extremely worn out. After a few breaths, she begins to speak.

Well, here we are.

My name is Summer Alvarez and I probably don't have much time left to sit by and hide in secret. Dr. Wexlyn seems to be onto me now, and it's only a matter of time.

Wexlyn… the Crimson Eye… so much went wrong… But I don't think I expected anything different. I'm recording this now, just in case I guess.

I never wanted a grand reveal or a dramatic unmasking, I just wanted revenge. Revenge for the pain and suffering that Dr. Pierce caused. Revenge for the Lazarin Project, and the irreversible damage it did to both my family, and my life. The damage it did to the lives of countless others. I guess I thought I was some kinda avenger of justice or something, huh?

I don't really know about that anymore. Now I'm just scared.

After the Lazarin Project left my sister dead, after it left my family virtually penniless… things were rough. My mom took her own life, and my dad never recovered. Still, we loved each other, and he worked so hard to ensure I had a future, despite everything. He passed away a few years back. If I could see him again, I might apologize for throwing away everything he did for me just for revenge. After that, I got into nursing school, vowed to dedicate my life to protecting people from malpractice and experiments like Pierce's.

That's when I was first contacted.

I began getting phone calls, weird ones, from someone with a voice scrambler. They offered me a choice, a chance at retribution. All I'd have to do is agree to take this USB stick and apply to work as Pierce's aide. After all, my name was generic enough, she'd never remember my sister, let alone me.

Once I was in… Then I'd have my revenge. A Killing Game, with a legion of Monokumas under my control. I could hardly believe it. Not only did I have the power to wipe out Pierce and anyone who dared to work with her on another one of her projects, but even if she survived, there was no way she wouldn't end up blamed for another Killing Game after the XW incidents. It was perfect, poetic justice for both the Lazarin Project and the atrocities of the XW Corporation.

The rest is history. I said yes, and the AI Core showed up in a box outside my door the next day. I never got another phone call after that.

I applied at Nadare, and was accepted. Apparently not many people wanted to relocate to a place that remote, but to be honest… There was nothing for me back at home anyway. Not anymore. I sent out an invitation to Dr. Hawke, Pierce's old collaborator and the second person whose hands dripped with my sister's blood, and then I waited. Waited until she called up the rest of her staff and experiments, along with the patients. Then, I plugged it in.

It wasn't entirely like what I expected. I mean, the game started, Monokuma listened to me, the murders began, but…

Dr. Hawke… slowly killing himself with guilt over what happened… Dr. Wexlyn… only here to help people… and the guests were all so kind to me. Even when I hid myself away in here, they tried so hard to find me and make sure I was safe. I acted like a complete idiot and Senpai still… actually cared about me. I thought everyone coming up here would be a vile piece of shit like Pierce, and that first night, when the Crimson Eye died… It only reassured me.

But…

No, even with all that in mind, I don't regret anything. I don't regret taking that weird offer, and even with this game, I haven't hurt even a fraction of the people she has.

Still… I think I'm going to go face Dr. Wexlyn tonight. Even if its dangerous, I'll take what comes. If he really wants to solve this mystery, if he wants his confrontation, I'll give it to him, even if I end up…

Before I go, I'm sorry Senpai. I should have… given you a coat or something.

Well, I'll apologize to you one day. I've gotta head out now. Deal with the consequences of my actions, just like I've made Pierce deal with her own. I'm leaving the last remaining Lazarin sample intact though. If it was destroyed… people would suspect foul play rather than think Pierce was behind the game.

I know I don't deserve a final request, but If I don't make it out of here… Please tell everyone that Pierce was behind it all.

Thanks.

The footage ends, having reached its end. There's nothing else on the DVD, it seems.