Celebrating Odaiba Day effectively

It's August 1st, 2021.

You know what that means. It's motherf*cking

Odaiba Day
[Image: hibf11.jpg]

What is Odaiba day? Long story short; it's the day the original group of digidestined got transported to the digital world. This happened in the show on August 1st, 1999 as confirmed in episode 21 when Taichi returned to the real-world and checked the date. Very dope. Very meta. So it's sort of been an unofficial[now official due to Digifes taking place usually on or a couple days after it.] holiday. A lot of you guys have shit taste and thus are probably pokemon fans but I've written a small guide so you can enjoy this holiday with me.

1.) Watch Digimon Adventure episodes 01, 21, 53 and 54

Let's face it we're all adults here. No one has time to watch a full 53 episode series unless you're mfan or twofinger. Four episodes should be do-able though. Now; let's be clear, every episode of Adventure is integral to the plot[ yes bitch. even the one where they're trapped in a toy town and fight an evil teddy bear] but..if you ABSOLUTELY want to just abridge the fuck out of the journey then this will do. It's also important to remember that you can watch these dubbed but it's highly recommend you watch them subbed[b/] as you receive

1.) Killer music. Seriously. It has no reason to be as good as it is. Also glorious BRAVE HEART by the late Wada Kouji ;_;
2.) Great voice acting.
3.) A more serious take on the show.
I'm no purist. The dub is still fun as hell but...uhhh..it kind of fucks up some scenes [b] really bad
. Perfect example; episode 21!

bro what the fuck is that shit. very offensive fox kids. 20 something years later i'm here on the internet to say fuck you for that.

2.) Watch the movies
[Image: du39jm.jpg]
[Image: ieee4f.jpg]
[Image: zn5o0d.jpg]
If you can't do the above then this should suffice. Watch Digimon Adventure[film], Our War Game and then Kizuna. Adventure Film is about 20min, Our War Game is 40min and Kizuna is 94min. Do the math that's roughly a little over 3hrs of your time to dedicate to the greatest franchise of all time. If you have to cut it down; Our War Game and Kizuna are probably top tier anime films and deserve the watch. You also get to see how Hosoda is a fucking hack and literally made Our War Game again and just named it Summer Wars and made millions. I still love his work but fuck you. Come back to Digimon SOON.

Now you might be wondering about.....THIS

[Image: zblqrq.jpg]

This is Digimon: The Movie. It is dubbed. You're probably saying "Can't I just watch this?" and the answer is a resounding: "No". They crammed 3 movies into one. Adventure Film, Our War Game and Hurricane Touchdown. The last one isn't even an Adventure film; it's an 02 film and probably the most controversial one. I think I may be the only one who likes it. It's an enjoyable train wreck to watch and honestly really fucking funny at some points so you know what, yeah fuck it, check that out if you feel 3/2 subtitled films is too daunting. You'll save yourself an hour maybe I think.

3.) Just watch something Digimon related

This is the third and final option if you just absolutely refuse to be a sigma male and watch some Digimon. I've compiled some of the best moments here right now and they'll most def be taken down by toei in about 2 months.

Watch Digimon.
That's all nerds.
sealelement
i wore a crest necklace i bought for odaiba day and that was pretty cool
100% pure gamer 100%
ASMR Youtuber
[Image: E73kgBLWQB8tRLb.png]
check out this live table read of a new digimon tamers episode from digifes 2021