[Day 10 - Investigation] - Crimson Meltdown

ASMR Youtuber
i'm literally begging you to just open the valve instead of puncturing a pressurized container and wasting another vent
°☆◇_Lost_In_Hogwarts◇☆°
body check myself to figure out wtf is my body
[Image: 3nX7pKl.png]
Spooks?
(Aug 10, 2021 at 5:30 PM)ASMR Youtuber Wrote: Can we identify more about the melted plastic in the vent? what colour is it? thickness? has it retained much of its shape? if so what shape does it look like it once was? how large was it?
It's a small lump, and upon inspection it appears to be about the size of your thumb. It is colored a light blue, and appears to have some metal fragments in it as well. It has not retained much of its shape but looks to have been close to cylindrical.

(Aug 10, 2021 at 5:33 PM)°☆◇_Lost_In_Hogwarts◇☆° Wrote: get more propane and repeat the experiment but puncture a hole in the tank and let it sit in the vent for a few minutes before igniting it from a distance
(Aug 10, 2021 at 5:34 PM)°☆◇_Lost_In_Hogwarts◇☆° Wrote: i puncture it from a distance btw
(Aug 10, 2021 at 5:36 PM)°☆◇_Lost_In_Hogwarts◇☆° Wrote: puncture is slang for opening the valve gently
(Aug 10, 2021 at 5:36 PM)ASMR Youtuber Wrote: i'm literally begging you to just open the valve instead of puncturing a pressurized container and wasting another vent
After fighting amongst yourselves for entirely too long, eventually you open the fucking propane tank's valve and throw it into Dr. Hawke's vent, letting the tank leak out so it doesn't explode. You set it alight and flames woosh through the vents, burning up the gas. It does look somewhat close to the vents that Dark Souls II was in, though the room smells of sulphur quite heavily. You suspect the rooms on the other ends of the vent would too.

(Aug 10, 2021 at 5:47 PM)°☆◇_Lost_In_Hogwarts◇☆° Wrote: body check myself to figure out wtf is my body
You bodycheck yourself. Your body appears to consist of your corpse, but with any missing limbs or damage replaced with facsimiles consisting of ghostly energy.
ASMR Youtuber
What other gases are stored onsite in containers?
Deathborn
Investigate all three containment rooms, the xw archive, and the occult engine.
Garth Marenghi
[Image: fGbQRwx.png]

Good evening. I'm Dean Learner, publisher of the former greatest horror author alive, Garth Marenghi, now the greatest horror author, deceased. In fact, I'd only just been informed of Garth's passing. Such a shame, but I guess now that he's dead and a ghost, you could say he's transcended fiction altogether and become a vessel of horror himself.

As Garth is no longer with us, I'll share with you what he got up to last night. He began in his room, as I understand, and grabbed a couple of sheets to make a ghost-ghost costume out of - now this isn't just a ghost we're talking about. This is the ghost, of a ghost, who's being played by a ghost. So you can see we're already at the high-level stuff, like we're 30 layers deep into the horrorsphere. That's the way Garth's mind works; really, he's always been on another plane, like Jesus but less preachy. He goes up to the lobby to scare some passers-by but some ghost intern girl just rips it off him and trots off to the glass hallway. Now I feel that's at least worth a disciplinary, especially for someone as low-level as an intern. I've sacked interns for far, far less, and that's when I'm being nice.

Next he heads into the gift shop to grab a camera, and gets chatting to that doctor with the bag on his head. He talks about the most recent project we'd been working on, Shit Beach - it's a horror movie about a beach that makes you really old, and then you shit yourself. We are still going ahead with production, albeit without Garth - I think it's what he would've wanted. It was never about the glory for Garth. He was only in it for the art, because he could tell these stories that so badly needed to be told.

From the sound of it, he next sat around in the lobby waiting for something interesting to happen, I've heard a fat guy came through with a coffin, but then he was chased away by a werewolf and that intern girl. After that, some deranged man with arms for legs runs in and starts dancing to 'Gangnam Style' with a puppet. Once he's had enough, he departs to prepare some flaming shots for a good friend of his, Dr. Alexander Wexlyn. I do have to thank you, from what I've heard of Garth's time here it sounds like he was really glad you were able to film with hm. He also runs into some blue nurse and the fat guy from before while he's here, then departs to the doctor's office.

Once he arrives, I'm to understand that he loses his footing and drops the shots everywhere, setting the whole room ablaze. I can only apologise - knowing Garth I'm 79% wasn't intentional, and that other 19% is only accounting for whether or not someone had compared a lesser author... *cough*Rowling*cough*... to him. He then knocks back a few shots and wallops the doctor's unfortunate patient - some ranger with a strange dress sense - over the head with the book. I wouldn't have used a book, personally - could damage the outer cover - but Garth did have a gift for bringing his words to life. And if you've read any of his books then you'd know how much he loves a good fight scene in a burning doctor's office, especially when one of the combatants is a ghost.

So Garth drags the ranger into the lobby, to challenge him to a wrestling match. Now, I don't think he's even written a wrestling match into one of his books, but we did watch an unofficial match together while we were on holiday together in Kyrgyzstan, and I have to say, it was strangely hypnotic. But once it was over we never spoke about it again, so I'm not sure where that came from. Anyway, he pulls of this strange "finisher" move where he spins his opponent round and round while shouting out number after number after number, I think he called it the "Roulette Twirl" or something along those lines.

Well, that's all he wrote. Garth Marenghi is no more. I'm sorry to hear of all your troubles with the Crimson Eye, it is a real shame what happened. I don't think any of you will make it out of here alive, but if you do then look up my number and we can share some memories of Garth.
Spooks?
(Aug 10, 2021 at 6:05 PM)ASMR Youtuber Wrote: What other gases are stored onsite in containers?
[Image: u3FjnNh.png]

Well, there's a lot actually. Outside of propane, we have oxygen tanks, CO2 tanks, and obviously all sorts of anesthetics, even stuff they haven't used widely since like the 50s. Uh... We've got laughing gas too, I guess...

(Aug 10, 2021 at 6:10 PM)Deathborn Wrote: Investigate all three containment rooms, the xw archive, and the occult engine.
You investigate the unchecked Containment Rooms, the XW Archive, and the Occult Engine.

The Containment rooms themselves don't really have much inside them, outside of some of the remains of Senpai splattered around one of the cells. The Containment Control room has a series of panels that appear to control the locking mechanisms on the cells, as well as the conditions of the rooms. There is a flamethrower mounted on a rack labeled "for emergency".

The XW Archive looks like a large storage room with various racks of old files, specimens, and bizarre technology. Most of it looks rather dusty and untouched, though there's a large amount of empty jars on the floor.

The Occult Engine, or what used to be the Occult Engine, is now a twisted heap of smoking metal. Black fluid coats the walls, like a blood splatter. Something catches your eye though, and you crouch down to examine something behind the wreckage. It appears to be an Access Level Upgrade Key. Little bit late for that.

Outside of that, there's nothing of value in here anymore.
ASMR Youtuber
(Aug 10, 2021 at 7:10 PM)Monokuma Wrote:
(Aug 10, 2021 at 6:05 PM)ASMR Youtuber Wrote: What other gases are stored onsite in containers?

Well, there's a lot actually. Outside of propane, we have oxygen tanks, CO2 tanks, and obviously all sorts of anesthetics, even stuff they haven't used widely since like the 50s. Uh... We've got laughing gas too, I guess...

Do any of the containers look similar to the burnt plastic in the vent?
Also do you know who the person you talked to with the cardboard coffin was?
Spooks?
(Aug 10, 2021 at 7:20 PM)ASMR Youtuber Wrote:
(Aug 10, 2021 at 7:10 PM)Monokuma Wrote:

Do any of the containers look similar to the burnt plastic in the vent?
Also do you know who the person you talked to with the cardboard coffin was?
[Image: 6sI3wZb.png]

Huh? Nah, nowhere close. That stuff in the vent is tiny, and you never want to store gas in plastic. As for the coffin guy, I'm pretty sure it was Faust. I saw him again later too.
ASMR Youtuber
Do you recognise the colour? I'd like to compare it to containers in the facility so if you can give me a heads up on where to look that'd be good
Garth Marenghi
Does the plastic resemble any pyrotechnics or other equipment Garth would've had in his room?
Deathborn
Check the containment flamethrower for any signs of use.

Spray it into the vents, and memcheck comparison similarity to the ignition I saw tonight.
Spooks?
(Aug 10, 2021 at 7:31 PM)ASMR Youtuber Wrote: Do you recognise the colour? I'd like to compare it to containers in the facility so if you can give me a heads up on where to look that'd be good
(Aug 10, 2021 at 7:37 PM)Garth Marenghi Wrote: Does the plastic resemble any pyrotechnics or other equipment Garth would've had in his room?

Honestly it looks like a lighter to me.

(Aug 10, 2021 at 7:40 PM)Deathborn Wrote: Check the containment flamethrower for any signs of use.

Spray it into the vents, and memcheck comparison similarity to the ignition I saw tonight.
The flamethrower doesn't appear to have been used, as its fuel tank appears to be full. Still, you take it and spray it into the Locker Room vents. It sprays an impressive stream of burning napalm, but it doesn't get even reach a fraction of the way to the Panic Room.
ASMR Youtuber
(Aug 10, 2021 at 7:58 PM)Monokuma Wrote: Honestly it looks like a lighter to me.

that... makes a lot more sense
Faust
see ghost sheet head to surgery ward
in lobby jimin is doing gangnam style with the puppet
build goldlewis costume in gift shop, garth is here and tells me about his new movie SHIT-BLEACH
get ambushed by a werewolf and a "monster" which has a sparking eye in the lobby
they attempt to attakc me and I escape into the elevatro
make my way to the panic room to ensure it isn't booby trapped, it's already closed so whatever
luna and asmr youtuber are here, I show them my alien
they go towards medical records, I head off to the break room to bully hank with an afro again, he fights me off this time
hear a gunshot to the southeast as I ehad to the elevator
pierce comes out of it and stares me down as she passes
gift shop 2 electric boogaloo: I look for hats to sew onto wexy's head
spotting an injured luna in the cable car, she takes priority so I go help her her into the lounge and patch her up a bit
as I'm doing so, garth enters and pours shots and lights them on fire
he heads out to the media library where I get smacked in the back of the head by tv show host and pass out
Nurse Luna Wayne
[Image: 6sI3wZb.png]

I guess I can give an account if people think it'd help, but I'm pretty much most of us are pretty well documented. All that really happened was that I went out to the Break Room for some coffee. Chiaki shows up, got me the coffee, and then the Youtuber came in and started giving me some kind of montage about a plan. The plan was okay, but because the Surgery Ward got locked down, we couldn't get something we needed.

...So we went over to Hazardous Materials to grab some sedatives. Ran who I guess was Faust, big beaded guy with a fake Garth Marenghi in a coffin. Then we headed into Medical Records and got attacked by that werewolf. It KO'd the Youtuber, but I got away. Was feeling pretty bad after that though, so I went into the Lounge. Hung out there for a while until fatso swung back around and chatted for a bit.

[Image: 2QQLSZG.png]

It was around that point I saw the real Garth Marenghi for the first time since he died, not just a cutout. He poured some shots, set them on fire, then headed out. Dunno what he did after that. Once the fat guy left too, I just stayed in the lounge the rest of the night. The fat guy was obviously Faust, in case it wasn't clear.
Dr. Alexander Wexlyn
[Image: AsgYtC7.png]

Haha... yeah... about those flaming shots...

It was nice to see Garth again, but I sure wish he went a little easier on the refreshments. To be honest, I was just holed up in my office, barricaded in in case someone tried to come for me. Not just Dr. Pierce either, mind you though. I haven't forgotten about the Professional Robuster's attempts. With the advent of ghosts, I really just wanted to play it safe.

I did let Rio in though, to have a talk. Garth showed up after that, and I'm sure you all know what happened... We had to run out to the Courtyard to avoid getting burned to a crisp. It was a close one. After that... Garth bashed Rio on the head and dragged him away. I would've stepped in but... I feel like fair's fair in this situation. Rio did get Garth killed.

[Image: bJWQ08x.png]

As did I, I guess. Maybe my office deserved it too.

I ended up just watching GhostQuest in the Relaxation Hall with Lita the rest of the night. I noticed Jack of Spades coming by as Lita was engrossed in the show, but she just went in the Bathrooms and then left again. I was worried, all things considered, but she didn't try and attack us.

[Image: QnNVUZq.png]

...I should've done something to protect Dark Souls though. I can't believe I just sat around watching TV while they died like that. I... I just didn't expect it to be them...
Hu Tao
Muwahahaha! Foolish denizens of the mortal realm...looks like you weren't able to stop my comrades from escaping after all. Too bad for you! Especially you, Rio Ranger. I hoped you like my departing gift. Ahaha!

[Image: JwprfUn.png]

Ahh, alright, alright, that's enough of that. To be honest, I had some reservations about this mission. When I started smuggling spooky and supernatural artifacts for the Crimson Eye as a side gig to the whole funeral parlor business, I never imagined I'd be personally involved in the theft of a substance so antithetical to my beliefs. This may be ironic given my current state, but the dead should stay dead. Moreover, refusing to accept when your time has come, clinging so desperately to life that you would allow yourself to degrade to such a state as the good doctor is in now...it's unsightly.

[Image: uCgSKJ7.png]

I accepted this mission because a research facility is the last place that lazarin belongs. Whatever plans the higher-ups had for the stuff were beyond me, but I couldn't allow it to be mass-produced or improved upon. Thankfully, Pierce's ambitions seem to be in shambles...though I'd prefer to just destroy that last sample outright, ahaha.

[Image: SyPZxBR.png]

Oh, right, you probably wanna hear about what I did, huh? Well, too bad. All I did was pummel that orange bitch with the robot girl's severed arm then go assist my squad. How'd it feel, punk? Gonna go out on a limb and say not very good.
Deathborn
Check the inventory of Dark Souls 2.

Check how far DS2's body is from the melted plastic.
Rio Ranger
Is bag doc's funny gas flammable at all?

Any other gas tanks in the Locker Room? Where would you get similar shit if not?