T-man
[Image: uvligEp.jpg]

Anyone on Minus World try it? I'm curious about it as PlayStation VR is coming out this month, I don't think I'll ever actually get it because a controller and screen has yet to be dethroned as the optimal way to play vidya.
Dead or Alive VR was delayed so no need to purchase one atm.
God
i tried it in akihabara and i couldn't believr how Real it felt. i'm not talking about graphics (it was a sort of a mine cart roller coaster simulation with PS2-level graphics), i mean the feeling of _actually_ being in the game. there were times when i was high up in the air and i would look down and my brain literally thought i might fall off the cart and fall to my death IRL. i felt that weird stomach lunge and everything. i totally didn't anticipate that level of immersion. games that work through emotional engagement like horror games or RPGs are just gonna be an amazing experience. the price tag on the PS4 headset/camera is a bit too steep for me to justify a day 1 purchase but it's definitely a must-buy purchase for me somewhere down the line
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Two_Finger
yeah seeing how easy it is for people to get vertigo while staring at a tv screen I can see vr being so much better at it
[Image: GrFo47K.jpg]
AWFADragNaut
I really can't wait to see what comes out of VR. It's a very interesting concept and I think what people have done with it so far is amazing

Wont be buying anything related to it for a long time however
Yrrzy
i played PSVR while touring Supermassive Games' studio it was pretty cool
Elyk
I'm interested in VR but I have to find a place to try it out before I would feel comfortable making such a large purchase.
T-man
(Oct 2, 2016 at 8:13 PM)Elyk Wrote: I'm interested in VR but I have to find a place to try it out before I would feel comfortable making such a large purchase.

That's the ultimate failing of VR. It's really hard to sell someone on something so fundamentally different without them trying it for themselves. They need like, demo kiosks at every Walmart or Best Buy for maximum exposure.
Elyk
I have terrible vision and wear glasses with a very strong prescription so I'm mostly concerned about that.
Spritanium
Haven't tried VR yet but I'd jump at the chance

I can't wait until they're able to solve problems like touch & smell, all the senses need to be stimulated for maximum effect. That'll take decades though. I think I've said this before on here, but how do you program the feeling of wind in your hair? The hot sun hitting your skin? The weight of the character's clothes on your body? It'll be an incredible amount of work
[Image: supercorrect.png]
sealelement
i feel like VR is something id only really want to do with multiplayer, because otherwise i'd just get eye strain and not bother. which is probably the opposite of the intent of VR to be immersive and all that, but still
100% pure gamer 100%
Yrrzy
having used vr i can confirm you don't really get eye strain, it's designed to relax your eyes for use to avoid sickness
Mario
[deleted]
Yrrzy
oh yea VR is never gonna be all games, it's a really restrictive medium to work within and only really works for certain kinds of games