Who believes in the Big Bang creation myth

Spritanium
Also there you go again acting like science is some sort of spooky board of minority oppressors lol
[Image: supercorrect.png]
T-man
(Oct 2, 2016 at 3:45 PM)Spritanium Wrote: Where are you getting this idea that there's more than one reality?
The Mandela Effect.
DrTapeworm
i thought his name was trüllbus
[Image: dinogunz.png]
God
(Oct 2, 2016 at 3:45 PM)Spritanium Wrote:
(Oct 2, 2016 at 3:12 PM)OracularRELOADED Wrote: that's the other problem with the big bang; the story is so unbelievably stupid/one-dimensional that it makes people put their faith in a monolithic reality because they lose the ability to conceptualise/create other, more useful realities. so like when someone says science grounds us to reality i'm like hmmm... you mean the reality where everyone gets fucked over by money relations and no-one understands each other because of racism/sexism?? hmmm yeah i'm not really sure i'm sold on this whole reality thing but thanks for the offer

the main argument behind science is: "our truth is real so our reality is true" looool what a cowardly and irresponsible copout
Where are you getting this idea that there's more than one reality?

the animals, plants, gods and other objects that i've been able to communicate with have shown me that there are many realities that co-exist. a lot of these realities are impossible for humans to understand fully or at all. but even within the category of humans, there are so many realities that people adhere to. one for every person at least, and probably more. if the individual's conception of the world is altered by every new stimulation, probably a different reality is born for each person every moment of their lives. of course, with such a large amount of realities (probably infinite), we can more or less do away with the concept of reality because it will only ever be exactly that: a concept. reality tries to escape from the limits of conceptualisation but conceptuality is the basis of all knowledges.

part of the reason why science is so terrible at connecting people or understanding mental health is because it fails to acknowledge that no-one has the same access point to the singular reality it claims is the domain of all humanity. it places the knowledge of the individual's brain as the centre of the universe. for scientists, there is no difference between the two sentences:

Where are you getting this idea that there's more than one reality?
Where are you getting this idea that there's more than my reality?
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Spritanium
I took an intro to philosophy class too. Doesn't change the fact that we're all part of the same reality. Apples fall from trees, gravity exists. Maybe there's infinite realities where that isn't true, but I've no reason to believe I can communicate with these realities and have it be anything more than my imagination. It's kind of narcissistic to think that you're capable of such things because you Beat The System and drink non fluoridated water
God
(Oct 2, 2016 at 4:28 PM)JoshJDubya Wrote: Anyways, everyone knows the universe was hatched from a gigantic chicken egg.

yeah ikr lol. there's loads of sick creation myths that involve eggs from birds or other sources, one of my favourites is the Chinese myth of Pangu

look at this shit, brings a fuckin tear to me eye. it's so much more productive and fruitful than the big bung theory lmao. imagine what kind of worlds we could build if we based our understanding of our existence around values and concepts that actually made sense lol.
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Spritanium
Like if you just assume everything you can think of actually exists, I'm sure it's easy to come up with infinite theories, but how are they supposed to be tested by others? If nobody else can see what you're talking about, these observations you claim to have had are exactly as "literally useless" as you claim facts to be
Spritanium
A world where people can invent their own realities is a world with no law, no order, and no society lmao
DrTapeworm
implying this reality has any of those things
God
(Oct 2, 2016 at 4:44 PM)Spritanium Wrote: I took an intro to philosophy class too. Doesn't change the fact that we're all part of the same reality. Apples fall from trees, gravity exists. Maybe there's infinite realities where that isn't true, but I've no reason to believe I can communicate with these realities and have it be anything more than my imagination. It's kind of narcissistic to think that you're capable of such things because you Beat The System and drink non fluoridated water

white people are so hopeless that they actually think that brown spirituality is narcissism or taking LSD lmfao
DrTapeworm
(Oct 2, 2016 at 4:28 PM)JoshJDubya Wrote: Anyways, everyone knows the universe was hatched from a gigantic chicken egg.

(Not a chicken but close enough)
God
(Oct 2, 2016 at 4:47 PM)Spritanium Wrote: Like if you just assume everything you can think of actually exists, I'm sure it's easy to come up with infinite theories, but how are they supposed to be tested by others? If nobody else can see what you're talking about, these observations you claim to have had are exactly as "literally useless" as you claim facts to be

i don't think i ever said anything about things that i think of 'actually exist' in the sense that you are referring to. of course you aren't able to realise the things that are in my world, because you believe in white scientific reality. i don't need other people to experience what i'm talking about (there are those that can and do, however) in order for them to still be more useful/productive/less damaging to the sacred world we live in.

(Oct 2, 2016 at 4:49 PM)Spritanium Wrote: A world where people can invent their own realities is a world with no law, no order, and no society lmao

sounds ace, sign me up.
kaZaam
i think science (and even then just Science as a blanket term kinda annoys me. it's like 100% used by ppl who aren't scientists but want to seem Knowledgeable anyway lmao) is only really helpful functionally. i'm sick of observed relation inherently being treated like an unearthing of this objective singularity of truth like theyre really anything more than just that; observed relation. theyre neat ideas (sometimes) buut yeah idt theyre actually helping us as a society or whatever.

i totally agree that treating reality as some unchanging monolith is a harmful attitude.
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
Spritanium
If only you'd been born before the advent of society, then instead of posting on boring old Minus World you could pass time by playing with sticks
God
great to see that our administrators are abusing the forum's features to literally be racist
Spritanium
Like your whole viewpoint is based on things becoming real because you think about them. This is so cyclical and self-fulfilling that it's impossible to argue against Wat
DrTapeworm
minus world isn't actually real but you somehow made it exist anyways so what's your point
Yrrzy
(Oct 2, 2016 at 5:02 PM)OracularRELOADED Wrote: great to see that our administrators are abusing the forum's features to literally be racist

do you want us to warn/ban him
kaZaam
(Oct 2, 2016 at 4:59 PM)Spritanium Wrote: If only you'd been born before the advent of society, then instead of posting on boring old Minus World you could pass time by playing with sticks

..idt reductionism invented society or whatever youre trying to get at.
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
Spritanium
(Oct 2, 2016 at 5:02 PM)OracularRELOADED Wrote: great to see that our administrators are abusing the forum's features to literally be racist
Maybe if u use your imagination my spell will change