Who believes in the Big Bang creation myth

God
(Oct 2, 2016 at 5:04 PM)Yrr Wrote:
(Oct 2, 2016 at 5:02 PM)OracularRELOADED Wrote: great to see that our administrators are abusing the forum's features to literally be racist

do you want us to warn/ban him

i'm against banning people but i think measures should be taken against abusing autocorrect in this kind of way
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Yrrzy
(Oct 2, 2016 at 5:07 PM)OracularRELOADED Wrote: i'm against banning people but i think measures should be taken against abusing autocorrect in this kind of way
feel free to suggest some measures if you have any ideas
DrTapeworm
you're right i should've gone for a Hotel "This'll Keep That Lizard King From Playing With The Doors" Mario joke instead
[Image: dinogunz.png]
Spritanium
But in all honesty if you think that in the sentence "(insert race here) people are so X" the contents of X change the bigotry factor at all, you're kinda deluded

You're the one who called an entire race hopeless lmfao

You call white people one thing, I change it to another thing and your sentence is suddenly racist? 2muchsense
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Beako
The Big Bang myth is a proposed solution to the myth of "relativity" even though The Michelson–Morley experiment does not disprove luminiferous aether.
Beako
Also Orion I understand you think certain things are bad (white people are bad according to this thread if I'm not mistaken) but it seems more like you're just shoehorning things you don't like into random subjects.

Like if someone hated toucans shouldn't they approach the subject with "toucans are bad because xyz" instead of "let's talk about kitchen sinks. kitchen sinks are shaped like curved BILLS which is a symbol of a toucan's BEAK therefore toucans are bad"?

IDK I'm probably incorrect and everyone should probably disregard this post and it's nobody's job to educate me... I'm just confused at this approach.
DrTapeworm
Toucans Are Bad Because They Eat All of My Cereal
Spritanium
@"OracularRELOADED" You're smart, you know what tangible means. You just got through explaining how anti-science you are and how tangible reality is meaningless. So it seems like by your own logic, my autocorrect would actually be an additional slight against white people if anything. You're a professional, you should know the Racism Shutdown is a tired metagame technique.
Spritanium
(Oct 2, 2016 at 5:15 PM)Puddin Wrote: Also Orion I understand you think certain things are bad (white people are bad according to this thread if I'm not mistaken) but it seems more like you're just shoehorning things you don't like into random subjects.

Well the whole thread is bait to begin with so it doesn't really matter. But yeah I would like to discuss something other than how bad white people are in an Oracular thread for once
Beako
But I thought having less melanin in my skin than other people meant that I was literally an oppressor.
Spritanium
(Oct 2, 2016 at 5:25 PM)Puddin Wrote: But I thought having less melanin in my skin than other people meant that I was literally an oppressor.
Well this is {$the_year_that_it_is_right_now} where races are like football teams and everyone is constantly at each other's throats, and by that logic we're obliged to agree with slavery, so yeah you're correct
God
(Oct 2, 2016 at 5:03 PM)Spritanium Wrote: Like your whole viewpoint is based on things becoming real because you think about them. This is so cyclical and self-fulfilling that it's impossible to argue against Wat

i think there's a misunderstanding here.

i'm not saying that my mind is the source of reality in the sense that i think something up and therefore it exists tangibly, or i can make something external to me disappear from my observation. i am saying that there are worlds that human science does not have the tools with which to engage with, and i think there's a problem with just assuming that those worlds that science can't engage with or doesn't understand simply don't exist. it's lazy and, yes, it is oppressive. i also think there's a problem with assuming that the world we exist in is the scientific world and the rest are just imaginary worlds. there's nothing scientific about the world; that's just the framework some of use to engage with it. using JUST the scientific framework is gravely inhibiting.
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Spritanium
Also keep in mind Puddin that as melanin challenged individuals, we are incapable of seeing the vast array of gods and talking plants who apparently exist in the universe, so we really don't have the capacity to participate in an advanced discussion such as this one
T-man
KILL ALL WHITES
Elyk
it's all the part of the illuminati's plot tbh
Beako
Science is supposed to be a method of forming hypotheses not an unquestionable religion. Doesn't really make sense when people say "science says this" or "I fucking love science" when science is more like "well, I did an experiment where every time I dropped an egg off a roof it broke. I hypothesize that naked eggs generally cannot be dropped off roofs of buildings without breaking." I guess that is oppressive but only to eggs in this scenario. :P
DrTapeworm
humpty dumpty will remember that
Spritanium
(Oct 2, 2016 at 5:33 PM)OracularRELOADED Wrote:
(Oct 2, 2016 at 5:03 PM)Spritanium Wrote: Like your whole viewpoint is based on things becoming real because you think about them. This is so cyclical and self-fulfilling that it's impossible to argue against Wat

i think there's a misunderstanding here.

i'm not saying that my mind is the source of reality in the sense that i think something up and therefore it exists tangibly, or i can make something external to me disappear from my observation. i am saying that there are worlds that human science does not have the tools with which to engage with, and i think there's a problem with just assuming that those worlds that science can't engage with or doesn't understand simply don't exist. it's lazy and, yes, it is oppressive. i also think there's a problem with assuming that the world we exist in is the scientific world and the rest are just imaginary worlds. there's nothing scientific about the world; that's just the framework some of use to engage with it. using JUST the scientific framework is gravely inhibiting.
Okay yeah definitely a misunderstanding...

The thing is science isn't unchanging. For me it's just a method. I have complete faith that there are worlds we can't know or understand with our current knowledge. Science doesn't say that these things DON'T exist, instead it readily admits that we don't know. But I believe the scientific method to be flexible. When we have the technology to observe other worlds, science will handle them no problem.

I guess im confused what you mean by separate realities, because that makes me think of the mutiverse (which I think I believe exists) but I feel like if people could communicate with other realities it would be in some way documented.

Sorry for the confusion, and I hope you know that I really didn't mean any harm, I just get bugged when I'm trying to discuss something and my race suddenly becomes a part of it (as anyone would be)
God
(Oct 2, 2016 at 5:10 PM)Spritanium Wrote: But in all honesty if you think that in the sentence "(insert race here) people are so X" the contents of X change the bigotry factor at all, you're kinda deluded

You're the one who called an entire race hopeless lmfao

You call white people one thing, I change it to another thing and your sentence is suddenly racist? 2muchsense

my sentence isn't racist because you changed it to another thing. you are being racist for deliberately trying to silence or suppress a brown voice who is criticising whiteness.

Yrr Wrote:feel free to suggest some measures if you have any ideas

just monitor it and/or revert it when it happens. i think it's usually clear when people are doing it for comedic purposes, and when someone is doing it passive aggressively or trying to silence another member. there hasn't really been a precedent for this but afaik there isn't really any rules on the usage of autocorrect and perhaps this should be addressed in the Rules.
T-man
(Oct 2, 2016 at 5:41 PM)OracularRELOADED Wrote: my sentence isn't racist because you changed it to another thing. you are being racist for deliberately trying to silence or suppress a brown voice who is criticising whiteness.
a removable comic sans sticker is suppressing a brown voice

ok