Talk about your game experiences!

Mario

Reeb
Ace Attorney Case 1-4:
Draku
god damn 1-4 is such a good case.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Reeb
I'm having the time of my life. Can't believe I missed out on this shit for like 20 years.
Reeb
Just finished 1-4. Damn, that was fucking GOOD. Excellently written case, so much shit that came together. Even the stuff I pieced together I felt like was elaborated on brilliantly. The most satisfying case so far for multiple reasons.

The funniest takeaway I've had from this game thus far hasn't even been the game itself. The game's been great, don't get me wrong, but I've been streaming it to some of my buddies the whole time, the majority of whom've already played through at least some of Ace Attorney.

There's a part in 1-4 where von Karma refers to his daughter as having a dog named Phoenix when Phoenix tries to connect an animal to its owner via it having the name of someone formerly engaged to them.
Karma stipulates that this must surely mean Phoenix is engaged to her.

Me, dully, reaching to take a chug from my water bottle because doing a von Karma voice hurts my entire throat: Depends; is she hot?
Literally 3 out of 5 people in the call with me: *unhesitatingly* yeah/OH yeah/yes
Me: *taking a drink for like 4 seconds longer than I planned, processing this immediate response to my shitty joke* i, uh, will take your word for it
Draku
LMAO
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Aidan
she isn't
Reeb
Ace Attorney 1-4 Again, Afterthoughts:
Aidan
the one thing you have to keep in mind with penix write is that it's a satire of japanese court. in japan prosecutors work very closely with the police, down to deciding if a crime is worthy of going to trial or not, meaning that courts technically have like a 90% conviction rate. the game exaggerates that into a legal system where falsifying evidence is commonplace and judges are used to wrapping their cases up in minutes.
kind of a lame excuse because it's like saying "NO IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE REALISTIC" but it's useful background, especially if you're expecting some law and order type shit.
Reeb
Oh yeah, I know this's definitely satire of the Japanese court system, but it makes it way funnier to me to try and apply my limited legal understanding and see where it actually applies and when AA decides to ignore it for the sake of the case. Things like Grossberg not knowing the definition of manslaughter and making it sound like Edgeworth's going to win a Killing Game trial if this happened any day but Today Specifically are mostly noted because they cracked me up, not because I think they're serious representations of the characters in any way.
rtsmarty
Somewhat relevant?
Reeb
The caretaker in 1-4 had a kotatsu and it was super over-explained like he had this amazing epiphany to put it together
iirc Maya was astounded and like "WHOA WE SHOULD TRY THAT"
Pea
drakengard sucks drakengard sucks drakengard sucks drakengard sucks drakengard sucks drakengard sucks drakengard sucks drakengard sucks drakengard sucks drakengard sucks drakengard sucks drakengard sucks drakengard sucks drakengard sucks
Aidan
i've been playing professor layton 6. honestly i was just treating it as a cute puzzle game and it's lit for that. like a jillion puzzles and there's little mini games and side quests and shit
but i got near the end of the story and holy fuck the plot twists make we wish video games did not have stories.
Spoiler:
crazy these mother fuckers can make 11 matchsticks into a dog but they can't make a coherent story
Yrrzy
been playing Death's Door, which asks the big questions like "what if john dark souls was a funny little bird"
sealelement
i keep getting fucked by 2 breakers at the very end of act 2 while i'm trying to solo back 4 blood
100% pure gamer 100%
girigiri
sorry for the bump i wanted to say me and my brother have been playing the final fantasy 7 remake and its so fun lol. its like playing a movie! He told me i should play the original after but i'm not too into turn based games...i might make an exception for this though! ok thats all byeeee
Mario
please give turned based games a chance, there's a wide variety and once you get into the groove its way better than a lot of ~action rpg~ systems out there
Reeb
(Jun 15, 2022 at 10:55 PM)girigiri Wrote: sorry for the bump i wanted to say me and my brother have been playing the final fantasy 7 remake and its so fun lol. its like playing a movie! He told me i should play the original after but i'm not too into turn based games...i might make an exception for this though! ok thats all byeeee

I really don't think you need to worry about bumping so much on this forum unless you're filching out something from years ago, and that still didn't get Aidan in trouble. This thread's pretty recent and meant to be posted in.

As for me, I've been playing Fire Emblem: Three Hopes' demo, trying to get accustomed to the first musuo I've ever played. It's...alright. I'm not the biggest fan yet but I enjoyed the original story so I'm willing to stick with it.
Aidan
(Jun 15, 2022 at 11:41 PM)Reeb Wrote:
(Jun 15, 2022 at 10:55 PM)girigiri Wrote: sorry for the bump i wanted to say me and my brother have been playing the final fantasy 7 remake and its so fun lol. its like playing a movie! He told me i should play the original after but i'm not too into turn based games...i might make an exception for this though! ok thats all byeeee

I really don't think you need to worry about bumping so much on this forum unless you're filching out something from years ago, and that still didn't get Aidan in trouble. This thread's pretty recent and meant to be posted in.

As for me, I've been playing Fire Emblem: Three Hopes' demo, trying to get accustomed to the first musuo I've ever played. It's...alright. I'm not the biggest fan yet but I enjoyed the original story so I'm willing to stick with it.

make two teams of two people and tag after every combo (L+A i think)
fire emblem warriors is one of the better musous actually